Wiki Posts
Search

LOT or Austrian J tatl

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2018, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AS
LOT or Austrian J tatl

Those that have flown both, how does LOT J stack up to Austrian going across the Atlantic?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:40 am

Personally speaking, I'm a fan of the 1-2-1 set-up (1A/1K being my favourite seats) and, as such, OS (767) would get my business; catering-wise, OS is possibly amongst the best out there, likewise LO's soft product is pretty robust, crews tend to be extremely nice & attentive (it genuinely feels like flying in the good-old days) and WAW a very easy airport to navigate (so is VIE to be fair), making their J product a decent choice on the whole. Give us a shout should you have any specific questions or perhaps you could also flick through the dedicated threads -

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...ts-merged.html
Austrian OS long haul experience [merged reports]

G
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:50 am

I have not flown OS, but I would choose it on a daytime flight (aisle access). On the red eye, I'd go for LO (more legroom).
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
If food is important, I would definitely book on Austrian! IMHO Austrian has the best food of any Star Alliance Airline flying between the US and Europe!
Old Jul 4, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold
Based on the 1-2-1 seating on both the 767 and the 777 on Austrian, I'd stick with Austrian.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AS
Thanks...

Sounds like both are pretty good.

OS is more of a daytime flight with a 25min or a 6hr connection in VIE and LO is a evening flight (so more apt for my body to sleep) with a more normal connection time. Sounds like neither is a "wrong" choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.