LH Business Lounge access in FRA

Old Jun 14, 18, 6:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

LH Business Lounge access in FRA

I have an OU flight coming in from ZAG to FRA and then connecting on a UA flight to the US. I understand the the OU flight arrives into T1 and the US bound flights on both UA and LH also depart T1.

Couple of questions...
1) I have the Barclay's M&M card which gives me a one-time Business Lounge access Pass... however from what I am reading, I won't be allowed in if I have an onward OU to UA connection, correct?
2) If I change my US bound flight to be operated by LH, will I have access to the LH Business Lounge with my one-time use Pass since I will be making a Non-Schengen to Non-Schengen connection?

Thanks!
Old Jun 15, 18, 3:57 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Gold
Originally Posted by bosboy73 View Post
I have an OU flight coming in from ZAG to FRA and then connecting on a UA flight to the US. I understand the the OU flight arrives into T1 and the US bound flights on both UA and LH also depart T1.

Couple of questions...
1) I have the Barclay's M&M card which gives me a one-time Business Lounge access Pass... however from what I am reading, I won't be allowed in if I have an onward OU to UA connection, correct?
2) If I change my US bound flight to be operated by LH, will I have access to the LH Business Lounge with my one-time use Pass since I will be making a Non-Schengen to Non-Schengen connection?

Thanks!
Iím not familiar with the one-time Business Lounge access pass but since it comes with the Barclay M&M card does it say you can only access a lounge when departing on LH or another M&M airline? As all LH business lounges are departure lounges it does not matter on which airline you arrive. There is at least one LH Business Lounge in every non-Schengen departure concourse in FRA and UA and LH flights to the US usually depart from the same concourse (Z).
Old Jun 15, 18, 6:07 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
Iím not familiar with the one-time Business Lounge access pass but since it comes with the Barclay M&M card does it say you can only access a lounge when departing on LH or another M&M airline? As all LH business lounges are departure lounges it does not matter on which airline you arrive. There is at least one LH Business Lounge in every non-Schengen departure concourse in FRA and UA and LH flights to the US usually depart from the same concourse (Z).
I looked at the verbiage again on the Voucher. It says "Please present this Lufthansa Business Lounge Voucher together with your boarding pass for a same-day flight operated by a Lufthansa Group Carrier (Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, SWISS, Germanwings, Eurowings) to our lounge personnel at your departure airport." I think I answered my own question - unless the FRA lounges make unwritten exceptions for UA flights or something like that which I wouldn't know.

Sometimes some lounges make exceptions - I remember being able to use my United Club one-time pass at a Scandinavian lounge a couple of times so for whatever reason that lounge was allowing it.
Old Jun 15, 18, 3:29 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Gold
Originally Posted by bosboy73 View Post
I looked at the verbiage again on the Voucher. It says "Please present this Lufthansa Business Lounge Voucher together with your boarding pass for a same-day flight operated by a Lufthansa Group Carrier (Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, SWISS, Germanwings, Eurowings) to our lounge personnel at your departure airport." I think I answered my own question - unless the FRA lounges make unwritten exceptions for UA flights or something like that which I wouldn't know.

Sometimes some lounges make exceptions - I remember being able to use my United Club one-time pass at a Scandinavian lounge a couple of times so for whatever reason that lounge was allowing it.
You can expect FRA lounge staff to stick to the rules - unfortunately.