FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   LOT - Multicity ticket in Economy Standard (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1914384-lot-multicity-ticket-economy-standard.html)

the810 Jun 14, 2018 5:24 pm

LOT - Multicity ticket in Economy Standard

I'm trying to book a multicity trip with LOT, which is always a bit of a challenge since their website famously doesn't allow multicity bookings. I usually solve this with travel agent but all OTAs I know will only sell Economy Saver fare while I wish to purchase Economy Standard (mostly because of checked baggage but seat reservation also comes handy). I could drop some TA an e-mail and they would probably be able to sell it to me but with weekend approaching (and me having very busy Friday), I'm afraid we won't be able to make it before the weekend.
So I wonder if anyone has any magic solution to this problem - how do I book multicity ticket with LOT in Economy Standard? :) Any help will be very appreciated.

One more thing: I'm SK Silver. I noticed LOT offers free baggage for their own *S (FTL) even on Saver fares and I recall reading somewhere that while they only state their own status levels, they usually extend these benefits to other equivalent Star Alliance elites. Is this the case - could I take one bag for free on Saver fare if I'm SK Silver? That would make things much more simple. If so, is this benefit attributed automatically by their IT system or is it something airport staff has to process manually? I will be departing from Lviv and I'm not in the mood of dealing with local staff about some obscure, not well-described FFP benefit.

AlicorporateUK Jun 14, 2018 11:18 pm

Why don’t you just give LOT a call? I often book multi-city itineraries with them through the phone, it works a treat and it will only take a couple of minutes anyway - surely that’s better than exchanging e-mails with an OTA (and having to call anyway in order to proceed with payment)?

Concerning the extra baggage as EBS - this will show during the check-in process and indeed on your boarding card if you are allowed one at all (though I’m relatively sure this isn’t going to be the case, but I have no experience whatsoever as Silver so perhaps somebody else could shed a light).

G

yurtripper Jun 15, 2018 10:47 am

FTLs get an extra bag, and so do *Gs from other programs but you won't get it as a mere *S from elsewhere. AFAIK, the only airline that gives any meaningful recognition to *S status from other programs is UA (you get some MP Silver benefits).

I just hope that LO doesn't go down the route of LH (and it's minions) and SK, and take away the extra bag for Light fares.

Still ridiculous just how useless LO's website is (but their app is even worse).

AlicorporateUK Jun 15, 2018 10:59 am

Originally Posted by yurtripper (Post 29870451)
I just hope that LO doesn't go down the route of LH (and it's minions) and SK, and take away the extra bag for Light fares.

I fear it’s just question of time until they align their policies to the ‘masses’. Concerning website and app, I could not agree more, even though the app itself seems to have improved recently, meaning that I was able to amend my profile and check-in at the first attempt (even for a non-Schengen flight requiring API data!), what a result :rolleyes:

G

the810 Jun 15, 2018 11:46 am

Thanks for all the inputs. I've decided to take the route of combining Wizz Air and trains for various parts of the trip (I actually managed to find flexible fares with Wizz Air for less money than LOT would cost me). If LOT refuses to sell the tickets without hassle, then I'm not gonna bother with them (it's pity though, I always enjoy their flights).