Hold award booking

Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - QR Platinum - ITA Executive - IC Diamond Ambassador
Hold award booking

I am currently holding an award booking at LX which costs 201,000 miles. Since my account currently has around 149,000 miles, I cannot complete the booking since I am 2000 miles short (incl. 50,000 miles overdraft).
The hold is valid until Sunday, but I am afraid I won't have the 2,000 miles by that day. I am waiting for a credit which I can only retroclaim next Wednesday and I will travel again next Monday (worth around 30,000 miles)

I don't want to loose my hold booking as these are the last seats available (4 persons in C for travel end of the year).

So my questions:
- is there any way that I can quickly get 2,000 miles extra in my account? I can transfer from almost every hotel program, but this will almost surely take more time
- will they allow a one-time extension of the hold period?

FWIW: I am holding SEN status for 6 years and earn around 150,000 miles/year
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by janvdr
I am currently holding an award booking at LX which costs 201,000 miles. Since my account currently has around 149,000 miles, I cannot complete the booking since I am 2000 miles short (incl. 50,000 miles overdraft).
The hold is valid until Sunday, but I am afraid I won't have the 2,000 miles by that day. I am waiting for a credit which I can only retroclaim next Wednesday and I will travel again next Monday (worth around 30,000 miles)

I don't want to loose my hold booking as these are the last seats available (4 persons in C for travel end of the year).

So my questions:
- is there any way that I can quickly get 2,000 miles extra in my account? I can transfer from almost every hotel program, but this will almost surely take more time
- will they allow a one-time extension of the hold period?

FWIW: I am holding SEN status for 6 years and earn around 150,000 miles/year
Just call the SEN line & explain this to them, they can extend the hold time IME.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - QR Platinum - ITA Executive - IC Diamond Ambassador
I called the SEN line today (hold is valid until tomorrow), but they claimed they canot extend the hold time. This means the hold will cancel on Monday and I will have the necessary miles on Tuesday... We're not sure if the seats will become available again... Very unfortunate timing.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by janvdr
I called the SEN line today (hold is valid until tomorrow), but they claimed they canot extend the hold time. This means the hold will cancel on Monday and I will have the necessary miles on Tuesday... We're not sure if the seats will become available again... Very unfortunate timing.
They are able to extend a hold, try calling again, some agents are better than others.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.