Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EU Regulation: Bulkhead Needed for Disability

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2018, 8:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP does not know whether the seat is already booked for someone with a disability who may or may not be an HON and may or may not be adding a needed companion. If that is the case, the specific availability may not be there. LH is, of course, obligated to move a passenger before denying OP a medically-necessary seat (I presume that OP has something in writing to that effect). Moving someone for a companion really would take a level of necessity which requires the seat "next to" rather than across the aisle or immediately behind. Again, that specific need ought to be fully documented because it is fairly extreme under the circumstances.

Barring that, OP should make known his requirements rather than for a specific seat. I take it that the extra leg room matters and wonder whether LH has a view on that and also specifically enters information in the PNR notes so that aircraft subs and the like do not interfere.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 8:32 am

Just as a thought: row 83 on the 744 upper deck (!) of your SEA - FRA flight isn’t bulkhead either.
J Class Seating Together on Newly Configured 744
Old Jun 15, 2018, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
You probably realise that business seats on a shorthaul aircraft like A321 are exactly the same as economy/coach seats. I usually avoid bulkhead seats on a shorthaul flight since the leg room is restricted and I cannot store anything under the seat in front of me.

BTW if you and your friend want to sit next to each other across the aisle you’ll have to be in 3C and 3D since 3F is a window seat. However, if there is someone in 3D already I’m sure he or she will agree to move to 3C.
Im confused because the agent who assigned me 3D wanted to put my medical helper in 3C. But I said not 3F. Isn’t it the same row, with just the middle seat blocked out?

Originally Posted by sw1x
Just as a thought: row 83 on the 744 upper deck (!) of your SEA - FRA flight isn’t bulkhead either.
J Class Seating Together on Newly Configured 744
Since it’s an international flight, the pitch is more than enough . I don’t need the bulkhead.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 3:52 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
BTW if you and your friend want to sit next to each other across the aisle you’ll have to be in 3C and 3D since 3F is a window seat. However, if there is someone in 3D already I’m sure he or she will agree to move to 3C.
Im confused because the agent who assigned me 3D wanted to put my medical helper in 3C. But I said not 3F. Isn’t it the same row, with just the middle seat blocked out?
The seats in row 3 are numbered: 3A _ (3B) _ 3C _aisle_ 3D _ (3E) _ 3F.
3B and 3E will be kept empty. So the agent was right to try and put you and your helper and 3C and 3D.

My comment was in response to your post in which you wrote:

Right now we’re in 3C and 3F. It seems I will have to make do and I think with an empty middle I should be okay.
There could be someone in 3D though as I said the person in 3D is likely to agree to move to 3C so you and your helper could be in 3D and 3F.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Since it’s an international flight, the pitch is more than enough . I don’t need the bulkhead.
Sw1x might also have been concerned with your ability to climb up the stairs to reach the upper deck...

Please also be mindful that somewhere in your PNR there might be a note about reduced mobility since you made your bulkhead requests, and that this could affect the other flights in your booking.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
The seats in row 3 are numbered: 3A _ (3B) _ 3C _aisle_ 3D _ (3E) _ 3F.
3B and 3E will be kept empty. So the agent was right to try and put you and your helper and 3C and 3D.

My comment was in response to your post in which you wrote:

There could be someone in 3D though as I said the person in 3D is likely to agree to move to 3C so you and your helper could be in 3D and 3F.
Oh I’m sorry I’m getting my letters mixed up between 3D and 3F. Yes we are seated together.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Isn't the first row considered as an emergency exit row and therefore off limits for passengers without full ability?
athome likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Isn't the first row considered as an emergency exit row and therefore off limits for passengers without full ability?
only on a few planes as far as I know, e.g. Dash-8 and ATR-72 but not on a 319/20/21.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.