Search

Award miles through Expedia booking

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2018, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa Gold, SQ Gold, Hilton Gold, MarriottPlat
Award miles through Expedia booking

Hi everyone,

Now with the new award miles times revenue thing I am trying to find a way to maximise my award miles. I found an itinerary with LH and SQ in premium economy for a ridiculously good price. So that is certainly good news, plus from a status miles perspective it is also earning "top dollar". However, as the ticket will be issued via LH the actual price means the award miles suck (excusez le mot!). Does anyone know if I book this same itinerary through Expedia, which shows the same fare, the first three number of the ticket will not be a LH number, i.e. you would earn award miles similar to status miles? Thanks!
Old Jun 8, 2018, 11:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The plating carrier usually defaults to the airline that filed the fare and which conducts most of the flights. Unless expedia spent want to plate on Lufthansa to maximise their commission on that sale. It's difficult to tell from the little information you provide in your post.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa Gold, SQ Gold, Hilton Gold, MarriottPlat
Hi oliver2002, thanks for your reply. Sorry I don't completely understand how this works and what other info you need? Basically the itinerary in SIN-AMS, AMS-HKG, HKG-SIN all in premium eco first two legs operated by LH in Y/E class and the last one by SQ in T class. Pricing on Expedia and via LH call center are the same (except for the small booking surcharge via LH call center). So basically the question is, will booking via Expedia change the first three numbers of the ticket so that you earn award miles as per booking classes instead of the price paid for the ticket? If not, any other suggestions how to make that happen? Thanks!
Old Jun 8, 2018, 11:48 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Expedia is not an airline that issues tickets on its own ticket stock so the ticket stock will either be 220 (LH) or 618 (SQ). In all likelihood it'll be 220 from the flights / routing you describe.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by demue
Expedia is not an airline that issues tickets on its own ticket stock so the ticket stock will either be 220 (LH) or 618 (SQ). In all likelihood it'll be 220 from the flights / routing you describe.
If the price on Expedia and trough LH phone booking matches and the majority of flights is LH operated, the chances to get a 220 ticket is close to 99%.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 3:00 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Maybe a good travel agency (not OTA) may book it the way you want to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.