Swapping Senator status within star alliance

Old Jun 7, 18, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and More
Post Swapping Senator status within star alliance

I am a Swiss Senator status holder and i am now planning my 100,000 status miles in the next 8 months so it gets renewed. I want to stay in miles and more and star alliance meet my needs but nothing with Swiss or their logo on it. Lufthansa tell me if i register on theirs, i start at the beginning and don't get my executive bonus so i have to fly more miles to qualify the first time. Anyone swapped within Star Alliance and kept their status and executive bonus. i do not need to extend validity and i am prepared to lose my evouchers and miles to get to another airline. My base is Zurich.
Old Jun 7, 18, 10:32 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by witherndale View Post
I am a Swiss Senator status holder and i am now planning my 100,000 status miles in the next 8 months so it gets renewed. I want to stay in miles and more and star alliance meet my needs but nothing with Swiss or their logo on it. Lufthansa tell me if i register on theirs, i start at the beginning and don't get my executive bonus so i have to fly more miles to qualify the first time. Anyone swapped within Star Alliance and kept their status and executive bonus. i do not need to extend validity and i am prepared to lose my evouchers and miles to get to another airline. My base is Zurich.
Lufthansa is the very same Miles&More as Swiss. So is Austrian, Brussels, LOT and a couple of more.
The program is the same.

The actual differing factor as to whether you are a "Lufthansa" member or a "Swiss" member is your address.

If you want to enter a programme other than Miles&More, there is no status matching within Star Alliance. You might be able to get a match on TK by matching to some other programmer first, but bear in mind, TK Miles&Smiles (as well as A3 Miles+Bonus, which doesn't offer status match) have very low earnings with Lufthansa - quite commonly it's an actual 0, sometimes even in business class.
Old Jun 7, 18, 10:33 am

Programs: LH SEN only nowadays, AF & AY basic. Radisson Blu fan :-)
Not sure why you want to do that??
There is virtually no difference whether you are SEN with a LH logo or a LX logo. As long as your home base is a Swiss Postal address you will get a LX branded card. If you want a LH branded card you need to have a german postal address.
Old Jun 7, 18, 12:35 pm

Programs: LX SEN
OP can get a German M&M credit card. OP will then have a "LH" branded SEN card on that card, if this is what he wishes.
Old Jun 7, 18, 1:07 pm

Welcome to FlyerTalk.

but nothing with Swiss or their logo on it
Can you elaborate a bit more and tell us what's wrong with the Swiss logo?

G
Old Jun 8, 18, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK View Post
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Can you elaborate a bit more and tell us what's wrong with the Swiss logo?

G
I just had enough of Swiss. I can do most of my flights on star alliance partners anyway so dont have to fly much with them. I was simply going to throw the card away and do the flights anyway. Just means no flights just for miles. It Will probably inconvenience me more but I just lost the will too live with Swiss. Not what I expected nor what I had hoped for. Probably get bored of being petulant after a year.
Old Jun 8, 18, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nic33 View Post
OP can get a German M&M credit card. OP will then have a "LH" branded SEN card on that card, if this is what he wishes.
that would do. Not looking for extensions or better deals. Thanks.
Old Jun 8, 18, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by pilatusguy View Post
Not sure why you want to do that??
There is virtually no difference whether you are SEN with a LH logo or a LX logo. As long as your home base is a Swiss Postal address you will get a LX branded card. If you want a LH branded card you need to have a german postal address.
If you're flying outside of the main LH hubs and/or airports, a Non-LH branded M&M card usually means quite some issues on getting your number properly onto your boarding pass..

Non-LH branded M&M cards at checkin
Old Jun 8, 18, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for the good information and comments. It really isn't worth it so I shall put my Swiss senator in the cupboard, let it lapse and simply fly with whoever I feel like, except Swiss.
Old Jun 8, 18, 5:22 pm

Thanks to everyone for the good information and comments. It really isn't worth it so I shall put my Swiss senator in the cupboard, let it lapse and simply fly with whoever I feel like, except Swiss.
If you want "revenge" on Swiss, just book the cheapest fares, maximise the status and use it to your advantage.

I don't know why you truly give a crap it has a LX logo on the card. Just switch it to another country (except Austria and Poland) and ask for another card and it will have LH logo on it. Try Germany, or UK, or wherever you can get the post, perhaps your firm has an office in London. Request a new card and it will be LH logo and you will have LH account.

Job done.
Old Jun 8, 18, 5:41 pm

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
If you want "revenge" on Swiss, just book the cheapest fares, maximise the status and use it to your advantage.

I don't know why you truly give a crap it has a LX logo on the card. Just switch it to another country (except Austria and Poland) and ask for another card and it will have LH logo on it. Try Germany, or UK, or wherever you can get the post, perhaps your firm has an office in London. Request a new card and it will be LH logo and you will have LH account.

Job done.
And except Belgium and I guess Luxemburg and Croatia+Slovenia?

Either way anyway outside Switzerland will not have Swiss logo.

FWIW: OP: You do realize though that LX is part of LH group, and as such, if you choose to fly OS, LH or SN... the money goes into the same coffers, right?
Old Jun 9, 18, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk View Post
Croatia+Slovenia?
Re Croatia: I’m not sure whether it has changed recently or if it was just a glitch at the time but mine had the LH logo on it whereas the credit card was branded Croatia Airlines as you’d expect.

G
Old Jun 9, 18, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
Changing the logo on your card is not going achieve anything, really. It's all the same programme, with the money ending up in the same shareholders' pockets.
Old Jun 9, 18, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Now shredded. Never again. Thanks everyone.
Old Jun 9, 18, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
Is there more to this story?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: