Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Biz/First Availability 2 weeks out for Lufth/Air Swiss

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2018, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

No Biz/First Availability 2 weeks out for Lufth/Air Swiss

Something very strange is happening over the last couple weeks...I see no biz or first availability on any flights swiss/lufthansa over the next 2 weeks. Anyone else having trouble? Has the pattern changed? There are plenty of paid seats available on the seats so it's not like the flights are full so I would think that things would have opened up by now?
it's not like i'm trying to book that far in advance, my ideal date is only 5 days away!?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Could you be more specific? Are you talking revenue or award seats. I suppose the latter but it’s not clear. Also, where are you looking? M&M or another program?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Yes this is for award seats for good order and i have looked on United and aeroplan for availability.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by cdf2108
Yes this is for award seats for good order and i have looked on United and aeroplan for availability.
Are you looking for "Saver Award" seats?
If so, good luck at this short notice.
TATL business is good for the major carriers and all the saver award seats are long gone ... I've seen lots of "Standard Award" availability ...
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...7-forward.html
Old Jun 6, 2018, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

well..usually <14 days, lufthansa releases awards pretty systematically depending on paid ticket availability.
i'm not seeing anything around 2 weeks out either, nor have i for the past few weeks as i started checking.
i've booked dozens of lufthansa first awards, including during peak times..so i'm jsut saying this seems very strange.
they usually have seats very reliably if you leave it to <2 weeks.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:07 pm

well..usually <14 days, lufthansa releases awards pretty systematically depending on paid ticket availability.
i'm not seeing anything around 2 weeks out either, nor have i for the past few weeks as i started checking.
i've booked dozens of lufthansa first awards, including during peak times..so i'm jsut saying this seems very strange.
they usually have seats very reliably if you leave it to <2 weeks.
You're absolutely right. There's always some availability <2 weeks. I'm talking about availability flying on LH per the UA site. I've checked NYC (which is JFK and EWR) to FRA over the next 2 weeks and there isn't a single C or F seat available on LH as an award. This is either a "glitch" or they pulled all the inventory. Theoretically, all allocated award seats could have been booked but there's no way that's the case. We're talking two 748s and one 380 every day.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold
...out of curiosity, just checked at LH M&M: The LH nonstop FRA EWR has availability all next week at least in C and on some days in F. Not sure where you're looking.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 9:45 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by awestphal
...out of curiosity, just checked at LH M&M: The LH nonstop FRA EWR has availability all next week at least in C and on some days in F. Not sure where you're looking.
I think the OP and others are looking for partner awards with United and Aeroplan.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Correct. So just seems like they've pulled all inventory. Is this the first time anyone has noticed this? I feel like i've always at least seen something < 2w out, even during summer.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 3:07 pm

Correct. So just seems like they've pulled all inventory. Is this the first time anyone has noticed this? I feel like i've always at least seen something < 2w out, even during summer.
You‘re probably asking the wrong crowd as most (all?) here are Miles and More members.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.