FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Eurowings 764 CGN-ZRH 5/20 cancelled (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1910210-eurowings-764-cgn-zrh-5-20-cancelled.html)

silver_halide May 20, 2018 12:02 am

Eurowings 764 CGN-ZRH 5/20 cancelled

I am supposed to be on this flight, but am now standing at the ticketing desk waiting to them to figure out how to get me to YVR via YYZ.

Any my ideas why it cancelled? Any ideas how to get best response out of Eurowings?

f4free May 20, 2018 1:27 am

Good luck. If your ticket is issued by LH talk to them. Otherwise best not to waste your time and just file the compensation claim with a flight right Agency.

Maybe somebody here can find the reason online .

sannmann May 20, 2018 2:39 am

Originally Posted by f4free (Post 29773240)
Good luck. If your ticket is issued by LH talk to them. Otherwise best not to waste your time and just file the compensation claim with a flight right Agency.

Maybe somebody here can find the reason online .

Why not file the claim directly with the airline? Why pay a middleman when one can simply email the airline directly?

f4free May 20, 2018 3:58 am

In my experience they never pay. That's why. Perhaps you have been more lucky with them.

Lewis42 May 20, 2018 4:06 am

Originally Posted by f4free (Post 29773462)
In my experience they never pay. That's why. Perhaps you have been more lucky with them.

i always use this website: https://www.resolver.co.uk/

its endorsed by Money Saving Expert in the UK. It’s free and gives structure. I’ve made successful claims with TK, EW and FR with this, no problems at all.

athome May 20, 2018 4:24 am

Originally Posted by silver_halide (Post 29773155)
I am supposed to be on this flight, but am now standing at the ticketing desk waiting to them to figure out how to get me to YVR via YYZ.

Any my ideas why it cancelled? Any ideas how to get best response out of Eurowings?

Is the iternary on one ticket (CGN-ZRH-YYZ-YVR) or on separate ones. If on one ticket, the cancellation and delay to ZRH is not of importance, but the delay in YVR relative to the planned arrival time

Ted May 20, 2018 9:43 am

Train to FRA (direct from airport to airport).

AC late flight to YYZ.
Overnight @ YYZ
AC to YVR

OR

UA Late flight to SFO
UA to YVR

Tyrolean May 20, 2018 11:54 am

Ew is hopeless, when it comes to IrOps.
I am just sitting in the AF Lounge in CDG, because EW decided to cancel my CDG-MUC flight. They automatically rebook to flights that may be OK. In my case not, since AF is the only late flight to MUC. The Hotline does nothing. When you send a Message throgh the website you get an Email stating it takes 4 weeks to answer, which is great help 7 days before departure.

If you hold a ticket that has been issued by an other airline, contact them. If you have a EW ticket try your luck at the airport. Otherwise book a new ticket and claim it back from EW. Be aware that EW only pays, when using a lawyer.

Air Rarotonga May 21, 2018 7:26 am

Originally Posted by silver_halide (Post 29773155)
... am now standing at the ticketing desk ... Any my ideas why it cancelled?

Why are you asking for the reason of cancellation here in this forum? Would it not have been easier to ask the staff at the ticket desk, as they are much closer to this information?

silver_halide May 24, 2018 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga (Post 29777159)
Why are you asking for the reason of cancellation here in this forum? Would it not have been easier to ask the staff at the ticket desk, as they are much closer to this information?

Because it took 3 hours after cancellation before I got to talk to an agent, and I was trying to figure out if I was dealing with an exceptional situation, or a run-of-the-mill cancellation. And because I was curious. And because, on the UA forum at least, when you ask something like that, you often get the ExpertFlyer info, or something direct from a UA employee.

For those asking, all on one ticket, AC ticket stock, issued by a TA.

After EW’s dawdling, and missing at least 3 routings that would get me to YYZ in time for a meeting and then continuing to YVR on my planned flight, and at least one option that would cause me to miss my YYZ meeting but get me to YVR less than 2 hrs late, I eventually got rebooked on the last EW flight to Munich that day, and direct to YVR on LH the next day. I arrived about 21 hrs late.

I’ve submitted an EU 261 claim to EW. Let’s see if they pay out.

silver_halide May 24, 2018 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Ted (Post 29774170)
Train to FRA (direct from airport to airport).

AC late flight to YYZ.
Overnight @ YYZ
AC to YVR

OR

UA Late flight to SFO
UA to YVR

Yeah, they tried to put me on the CGN-FRA train. Too bad the train had IRROPs too, and wasn’t running (or at least not during the 2 hrs they gave me to get to FRA before departure of an alternative flight).