Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH introduces pyjamas and mattresses in Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:03 pm

Programs: LH, DL
Flew FRA-LAX in September got mattress cover, no pajamas.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: Lufthansa SEN, FB Gold, BA Silver
Just flew Lufthansa C from FRA to HKG and back to MUC and was pleasantly surprised with a mattress and different blanket. Turns out it is part of the dream collection for flights 10,5 hours+ (https://runwaygirlnetwork.com/2018/0...usiness-class/).

Along with blanket there is also a set of very cheap looking hotel/spa slippers and a vanlaack pyama top (no pants...).

I don't care much about the slippers and vanlaack thing but the mattress and blanket are much needed and great improvements. Finally something good after years and years of declining user experience. But why is this only offered on flights over 10,5 hours? Lufthansa should offer the mattress on all long-haul flights, can't cost that much to add that little mattress and really improves the user experience and sleep.

I have considered taking the mattress so I can take it with me on shorter LH flights
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: LX SEN
Did any recent flyer from MIA to MUC get a mattress? I know that the flight is too short to qualify, but I got once mattresses on MUC-JFK
Old Nov 23, 2018, 2:37 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Is there some consistency by now? Is it all flights >10.5 hours? Or just "night flights", with all the ambiguity surrounding what makes a night flight be a night flight?
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:05 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Is there some consistency by now? Is it all flights >10.5 hours? Or just "night flights", with all the ambiguity surrounding what makes a night flight be a night flight?
no real consistency...

HND-MUC gets it and it’s a dayflight
MUC-PEK gets it and it’s below 10 hours

etc.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: MP, MM, HH Diamond
DEN-MUC (overnight) did not receive them - just as a note to others.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:47 am

Programs: Former UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Nic33
Did any recent flyer from MIA to MUC get a mattress? I know that the flight is too short to qualify, but I got once mattresses on MUC-JFK
I am flying this route later on January. Any updates?
Mattress? Pajamas?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by Explore SE Asia
I am flying this route later on January. Any updates?
Mattress? Pajamas?
Flew MUC-MIA-MUC in December and there were none (on both ways).
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:16 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Nic33
Flew MUC-MIA-MUC in December and there were none (on both ways).
Particularly on the night flight MIA-MUC they would be much appreciated. Not a good idea of LH to be so stingy, as there is lots of competition out of MIA.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Particularly on the night flight MIA-MUC they would be much appreciated. Not a good idea of LH to be so stingy, as there is lots of competition out of MIA.
True, especially considering the already mediocre lounge offering in MIA.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 12:07 pm

Flew FRA-DEN (scheduled at 10h 25m, dep 1320) on Jan 1 - no mattress pad, sleep shirt, or slippers.

SIN-FRA (12h 10m, dep 2355) on 12/31 - had all 3.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:30 pm

Programs: Miles & More, Victoria
I flew Business on LH 507 (GRU-FRA) on 01/01/2019. It is a night flight, departing 19h45m, local time (GMT - 2), and arriving at FRA at 10h15min (flight time aprox. 11 to 12 hours). There was the mattress, but no shirt or slippers. The amenity kit content was the traditional one, with L'Occitane products, and at least was not inside an ecobag, but inside something like a pencil case (By the way, nothing against ecobags, but for shopping, LOL).

Criske

Last edited by criske; Jan 4, 2019 at 6:04 pm
Old Jul 15, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Am I correct in understanding that the mattress and sleep shirt are now provided on all long-haul routes? Specifically, FRA-PEK? And if so, is that on both day and night flights, or just night?

Also, is the sleep shirt actually comfortable and worth taking? If so, will the crew let me take one for my (female) partner instead of one for me? I'll probably be flying in a t-shirt anyway, so not too bothered about wearing it on the flight...
Old Jul 15, 2019, 3:28 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
“Dream collection” still only on longer routes, e.g. US west coast yes, east coast no.

The shirt is more comfy than the F one and crews are usually happy to fulfill requests, as long as they are not short of shirts of a certain size/type.
Deltus likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: EBD , FBG
Originally Posted by worldclubber
“Dream collection” still only on longer routes, e.g. US west coast yes, east coast no.

The shirt is more comfy than the F one and crews are usually happy to fulfill requests, as long as they are not short of shirts of a certain size/type.
but FRA-PEK can be considered a long flight right?
it’s around 10hours?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.