Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH introduces pyjamas and mattresses in Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I’m taking a day flight SEA-FRA. Can you still expect all those offerings even if we leave at 1:50 in the afternoon?
I'm guessing you haven't had chance to read post #44?

G
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
I'm guessing you haven't had chance to read post #44?

G
But then on the way back from Seattle he did get it? I’m confused.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:22 pm

I’m confused.
As we all are. If you flick through the latest posts on this thread, you’ll not only understand why but you’ll also get a couple of other useful data points further to ‘fresh’ travel.

That aside, I’m the ‘he’ of post #44 and, again, you will probably see from my post and the ones following straight after that there seems to be some degree of confusion around LH’s modus operandi in regards to the new kit. In a nutshell, it’s anybody’s guess whether you’ll get it on your flight or not.

G
Old Jun 14, 2018, 12:54 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold

As we all are. If you flick through the latest posts on this thread, you’ll not only understand why but you’ll also get a couple of other useful data points further to ‘fresh’ travel.

That aside, I’m the ‘he’ of post #44 and, again, you will probably see from my post and the ones following straight after that there seems to be some degree of confusion around LH’s modus operandi in regards to the new kit. In a nutshell, it’s anybody’s guess whether you’ll get it on your flight or not.

G
Aside from an amenity kit from SEA-FRA, we’re you given the bedding and sleeping top?
Old Jun 14, 2018, 1:31 am

Aside from an amenity kit from SEA-FRA, we’re you given the bedding and sleeping top?
I was provided with both the mattress and the shirt, yes - that's what I meant for 'new kit' in the first instance and I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear enough initially. I am due to fly the very same route (SEA-FRA only on LH as I'll be in SCL and will fly DL on my way up) again in a few days' time and I will happily report back again.

G
Old Jun 14, 2018, 1:39 pm

I don't think NWplatinum or anyone else for that purpose is getting obsessed, we're on FlyerTalk at the end of the day and we can all get away with discussing and debating on mundane things such as a PJ-tops, pre-departure nuts, lack of parmesan in lounges and indeed mattresses at will

G
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 2:09 pm

I don't think NWplatinum or anyone else for that purpose is getting obsessed, we're on FlyerTalk at the end of the day and we can all get away with discussing and debating on mundane things such as a PJ-tops, pre-departure nuts, lack of parmesan in lounges and indeed mattresses at will

G
Of course!
It‘s only become quite clear in this thread that they introduced a - for a change true - enhancement of hard product and in the wake of it are still struggling for some consistency or at least pattern.

Having said that, while their J class may or may not be rock solid, they definitely have one of the most consistent products anyway. So I’d happily cut them some slack for the first weeks of PJ-tops and be willing to “risk” not getting one while still enjoying an otherwise reliable flight - in row 83...😉
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: LX SEN
On a recent flight from MIA to FRA, there was no bedding which is consistent with the press release (flight time under 10:30 hours and not leaving from Germany). But the FAs told me that they would soon be introducted on that route.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 3:47 pm

I received the matress and PJ top on Shanghai flight this week, a welcome improvement.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 11:45 am

Data point -

I flew FRA-SEA and no new kit (I asked out-of-curiosity why and the crew was very apologetic, there was no need to as I wasn't complaining at all but nice from them nonetheless, I suspect they just didn't have a clue); I was, however, very pleased (and admittedly a bit surprised) to find it on the return flight after 2 days.

Nice touch from LH ^

G
I was provided with both the mattress and the shirt, yes - that's what I meant for 'new kit' in the first instance and I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear enough initially. I am due to fly the very same route (SEA-FRA only on LH as I'll be in SCL and will fly DL on my way up) again in a few days' time and I will happily report back again.

G
A further data point further to the above (sorry, I forgot to report earlier) - new ‘sleeping kit’ provided on the SEA-FRA service, which makes 2 out of 2 in my recent experiences. One of the FAs told me that the new kit is being handed on shorter flights as well.

G

worldclubber likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by gusd
Any updates on which Asian routes are included starting this month? I’m flying MUC-HKG in a couple of weeks.
As an update, the mattress was present on my MUC-HKG flight earlier this week, but not the PJ.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
What about the day flight from MUC/LAX? The press release sounds like we might get the upgraded bedding, but not the PJs. Am I reading that correctly? Thanks!
Old Jun 27, 2018, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
an even worse mess than the PJs on United, although similar. Why can't they just publish routes where this is available in both directions?
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
an even worse mess than the PJs on United, although similar. Why can't they just publish routes where this is available in both directions?
Agreed.

G
Old Jul 15, 2018, 3:54 pm

I'm confused by some of the comments. Are you saying that FRA-SEA would not get any mattress because it is a day flight? But since you arrive in the morning, to me the ideal is to sleep on that flight and align yourself to the new time zone. Especially since I will be continuing on to Hawaii. I can live without pajamas but certainly not without lie flat/sleep ability. Is this common and something I need to check on other similar flights? Most going from Europe to the west coast are morning to morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.