Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH introduces pyjamas and mattresses in Business Class

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: MP, MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Out of curiosity I've tried to find what the beancounter has achieved.
(All times are block time according to LH.com)

FRA - ATL 10h10m
FRA - DEN 10h10m
FRA - MIA 10h05m
FRA - SEA 10h10m

Eastbound TATL flights take much shorter, so...
MUC - DEN 10h30m / DEN - MUC 9h45m
FRA - IAH 10h45m / IAH - FRA 9h45m

Will there be PJs on the way back?
I'll let you know for MUC-DEN in about a week... Fingers crossed? Ehh...

Maybe also DEN-FRA this weekend..

Also.. what constitutes as flying at night? I mean, both directions will be night (Den->FRA) and "night".. (Muc->Den fights the sun..)
Old May 16, 2018, 1:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by NYC1
Seriously, giving a shirt and no pants?! And you can imagine the beancounter that came up with the "0.5" in 10.5! Pretty lame considering that the hard product looks to be WAY behind the competition.
The competition usually doesn't offer PJs in C, even QR has become stingy.

Did LH offer only a shirt in F on day flights some time ago? I also have F PJs without pockets...

In any case the bean counter or inflight product manager probably wants to make the pants the differentiating factor between F & C

The previous had of inflight who told me in 2012 that they save millions by not adding 20 cents to an amenity kit is now on the board of LH Cargo... so beancounting is good for the career....
Old May 16, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by behtyas
I'll let you know for MUC-DEN in about a week... Fingers crossed? Ehh...

Maybe also DEN-FRA this weekend..

Also.. what constitutes as flying at night? I mean, both directions will be night (Den->FRA) and "night".. (Muc->Den fights the sun..)
I doubt that the DEN-FRA and DEN-MUC routes will have the new amenities. The press release talked about flights to/from the US West Coast.
Old May 16, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by NYC1
They may not be the best but I don't find them to be "horrible" and they have side pockets compared to other carriers' F pants.

Seriously, giving a shirt and no pants?! And you can imagine the beancounter that came up with the "0.5" in 10.5! Pretty lame considering that the hard product looks to be WAY behind the competition.

It’s the fabric of the pants themselves that I find horrible. So scratchy. Don’t care about pockets when it’s uncomfortable to wear.
worldclubber likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by jmanirish
It’s the fabric of the pants themselves that I find horrible. So scratchy. Don’t care about pockets when it’s uncomfortable to wear.
The fabric doesn't allow for any "give", i.e. it doesn't stretch at all, which makes them very uncomfortable.
Old May 16, 2018, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber
The fabric doesn't allow for any "give", i.e. it doesn't stretch at all, which makes them very uncomfortable.
Yes, no give & not stretchy, frankly I like that, very fine cotton fabric, to make it stretch then you need to add manmade fibre which does not breathe so well, I go for an XL instead of my normal L size & lots of room for movement 😁
Old May 16, 2018, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Tiny step in the right direction.
But with more and more airlines going to all aisle access the LH product looks pretty ancient - even with a matress.
Yes, impossible to dress it up, LH longhaul J is past it’s sell by date 😁
Old May 16, 2018, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
Yes, no give & not stretchy, frankly I like that, very fine cotton fabric, to make it stretch then you need to add manmade fibre which does not breathe so well, I go for an XL instead of my normal L size & lots of room for movement 😁
But isn’t that exactly what they are not: breathable? The pants are 50 per cent plastic and thus have no give and are not breathable.

I do use the LX PJs outside the plane, but never the LH ones.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But isn’t that exactly what they are not: breathable? The pants are 50 per cent plastic and thus have no give and are not breathable.

I do use the LX PJs outside the plane, but never the LH ones.
Van Laack LH F Pyjamas ? 100% Cotton, surely, they used to be, since I’m currently in a hot climate I don’t have a pair with me to double check.
50% plastic ones ought to be very stretchy 😁

LX Zimmerli are for sure the best 👍
Old May 16, 2018, 3:47 pm

Any info on what Asian flights are getting it? June is right aroud the corner so they must have a plan. I´ve got FRA-PVG in June and it is 10h 45 m so should make the cut but it is hard to know what "select Asian flights" actually means.
Old May 16, 2018, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by jmanirish

That's too bad that they feel like that to you. I've never had that issue. Must be an individual skin thing.
Old May 16, 2018, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The competition usually doesn't offer PJs in C, even QR has become stingy.

Did LH offer only a shirt in F on day flights some time ago? I also have F PJs without pockets...

In any case the bean counter or inflight product manager probably wants to make the pants the differentiating factor between F & C

The previous had of inflight who told me in 2012 that they save millions by not adding 20 cents to an amenity kit is now on the board of LH Cargo... so beancounting is good for the career....
I said hard product in terms of what LH C is way behind. I would have thought that this could be a simple and cheap way for them to distinguish themselves.

I don't remember LH offering only shirts on day flights. It's been a fair number of years that I remember getting pants and shirts. I mentioned the pockets as a good thing.
Old May 16, 2018, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by chris63

Van Laack LH F Pyjamas ? 100% Cotton, surely, they used to be, since I’m currently in a hot climate I don’t have a pair with me to double check.
50% plastic ones ought to be very stretchy 😁
Just checked: actually it‘s 65% plastic (polyester), which makes them light, but at the same time scratchy and not elastic at all.
Old May 17, 2018, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just checked: actually it‘s 65% plastic (polyester), which makes them light, but at the same time scratchy and not elastic at all.
Wow, that is poor 👎 I thought they were 100% cotton & will check if it’s changed.
Old May 17, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold

Glad to know I’m not going crazy (at least in this regard).
worldclubber likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.