The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Old May 10, 2018, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

All,

Help is now at hand for any LOT's related query and may this also be a lively thread where to discuss anything which would otherwise not find a great deal of relevance/traffic through a 'free-standing' thread or indeed within the existing threads, which often result in off-topic material and that's a shame given the useful piece of information they contain (see the recent posts from our @hugolover concerning the recently launched RZE-EWR service). The idea, in short, is to have a thread along the lines of The Eurobonus Forum Kaf in the SAS sub-forum.

Needless to say, credit to @hugolover & @yurtripper for the initial suggestion.

Zapraszamy!

G
CDG1, hugolover and yurtripper like this.

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; May 10, 2018 at 2:19 pm Reason: various amendments.
Old May 10, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Mods - any chance we can make this a sticky?
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 12:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
We already have 6 stickies... the Biergarten thread isn't sticky either...

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum
Old May 11, 2018, 10:08 am

Thought that the denizens of the LOT Kafeteria might be interested in this - WAW Renaissance is finally open for business. The first five-star airport hotel in Poland.

Renaissance Hotels Debuts in Poland | Marriott News Center

HT: Ski Adcock (Marriott Forum)
hugolover and AlicorporateUK like this.
Old May 11, 2018, 10:55 am

Any chance we can change the title to 'Bar Mleczny'?
PlatinumCat, the810 and Fabo.sk like this.
Old May 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lack
Any chance we can change the title to 'Bar Mleczny'?
What about spłdzielnia?

G
Old May 12, 2018, 12:46 am

Let's settle for "Budka z piwem" to keep with the 'Biergarten' theme :-)
the810, Fabo.sk and klausa like this.
Old May 14, 2018, 9:28 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
My vote goes to "Budka z piwem"
Old May 15, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
kawiarnia
Piwnica na Piwo
Old May 16, 2018, 5:31 am
Original Poster

The idea was to come up with an easy name and indeed kawiarnia or kafeteria do fit the bill, mostly in light of the fact that this is an international forum and that the vast majority of users wouldn't have a clue about more complicated words in Polish language, otherwise I'd be more than happy to rename it Bistro Przepis Na Szczęście

G
Old May 16, 2018, 8:50 am

Kafeteria is fine. No need to sweat the small stuff. Hopefully, it will ultimately consist of something other than posts suggesting alternative names for the thread!
Old May 16, 2018, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Just landed from Belgrade on the LOT’s 572 service (we departed nearly 2 hours late) and noticed several delays and cancellations from the flight screens - heavy rain causing havoc?

G
Old May 16, 2018, 10:50 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Just landed from Belgrade on the LOTs 572 service (we departed nearly 2 hours late) and noticed several delays and cancellations from the flight screens - heavy rain causing havoc?

G
Waiting for my Pendolino KRK-WAW train (yes - my Trip of a Lifetime starts tommorow) and my mather just texted me how bad the rain is...
Old May 16, 2018, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPJ
Waiting for my Pendolino KRK-WAW train (yes - my Trip of a Lifetime starts tommorow) and my mather just texted me how bad the rain is...
Yep, it was pissing it down here in Bemowo and got absolutely drenched as I got off the taxi and made the few yards to the door

Have a great trip T and give me a shout you when you get back, we'll go for a few (a new beer garden has just opened nearby, they have EB & Krlewskie on tap ) ^

G
Old May 17, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Are there any other LH refugees here who travel on LO ex-DE (especially FRA, but anywhere really) to avoid exorbitant LH pricing to long-haul destinations (also served by LO)?

I am currently working on a project that has me traveling FRA/ORD every month or two, and despite the drawbacks of making a transfer in WAW, the price differential vs. LH nonstop has gotten too large to ignore (LO is sometimes 40% or 50% less expensive). LO seems to offer particularly attractive pricing ex-DE in business and premium economy classes.

Example: my next trip I am traveling FRA/ORD return in LO Premium Economy on a US$900 LO fare, vs. 1600€ offered by LH for the same dates and similar departure times with LH. In business class, the fare difference can be even larger (US$2600 vs. 4000€). For those kinds of savings (and more generous pours of vodka on-board), I will suffer the extra travel time and even the Schengen border crossing in WAW . I find also that the Polonez pleasure temple is not the worst place in the world to spend a couple hours waiting for LO 003 to spool up. The Bolero lounge? Not so great, but it is at least convenient to the Duty Free before boarding.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.