The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by megaloman
Correct, it was my partner who got in, without issues, while I was doing TLL-HEL-LHR, they were doing a direct route back to London. Maybe agent got confused, maybe missed something, they let us both in without bark. Yes, we both got Priority Pass through Amex Platinum, so it wouldn't be a problem either way. Sorry, missed your question earlier.

I'd choose BA's short haul cabin over others on longer routes as they still provide much better service in J than other carries, including AY. I did those trips solely to try the AY's A359 (haven't flown before) and to attend the Tallinn DO.
Is there another good connection you could use with BA and another OW carrier?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by iLied

What do you mean?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by megaloman
What do you mean?

In order to get the tier points and good avoid on a route to Tallinn (and to keep the meet-up going), are there any other Oneworld connections you could make?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:22 am

In order to get the tier points and good avoid on a route to Tallinn (and to keep the meet-up going), are there any other Oneworld connections you could make?
AFAIK only AY via HEL or QR via DOH will be the only oneworld options for TLL in a near future.
iLied likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 5:25 am

Is there Economy class available on the LCY flights?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, there should be. Why?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 5:48 am
Original Poster

There is but you never know, LOT may decide to launch an all-business LCY-WAW (or LO1) service post-Brexit, inclusive of pre-clearance at Canary Wharf

G
megaloman and iLied like this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by hugolover

Yes, there should be. Why?
I can only find through fares in Business class (both just via WAW and via WAW and BUD but surprisingly not WAW and VNO).
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
There is but you never know, LOT may decide to launch an all-business LCY-WAW (or LO1) service post-Brexit, inclusive of pre-clearance at Canary Wharf

G
Id wondered if its happened already. I know SQ have a business class only A350 running non stop between SIN and JFK (I hope its the right NYC airport and airport code for SQs hub) and I think more airlines are following this model for some flights.

On a slight side note, are LOTs E70 and E75 approved for landing at LCY? Looking at the FR24 departure screen for LCY, most aircraft operating out of there are Embraer jets either 170, 175 or 190. Only Swiss are using A220s and there are a couple of Dash 8s and Saabs operating but they are the minority.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Only the E190s (and not the 195s).
Old Jun 14, 2019, 5:16 pm

Id wondered if its happened already. I know SQ have a business class only A350 running non stop between SIN and JFK (I hope its the right NYC airport and airport code for SQs hub) and I think more airlines are following this model for some flights.

On a slight side note, are LOTs E70 and E75 approved for landing at LCY? Looking at the FR24 departure screen for LCY, most aircraft operating out of there are Embraer jets either 170, 175 or 190. Only Swiss are using A220s and there are a couple of Dash 8s and Saabs operating but they are the minority.
BA operates BA1/2 using a single Airbus A318 aircraft in business class-only config, it flies from LCY (with a technical stop at SNN) to JFK, then direct return back to LCY.
iLied likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by marcoos
Only the E190s (and not the 195s).
Are the smaller aircraft allowed as well?
Old Jun 15, 2019, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not LO. The other carriers types are mentioned.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star

a little OT but . AFAIK the OW connection from TLL to LHR would be AY to HEL and then BA or AY to LHR. IF BA still have code shares to TLL then then since you are on AY metal you use the lounge. Megaloman mention QR. I never saw them at TLL, only at HEL.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
Not LO. The other carriers types are mentioned.
Ah OK. Would LO need to ask for permission?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.