Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2019, 2:00 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by CDG1

I want to know... For us Star Alliance Gold members will LOT allow extra free carry-on? Will they fuss if my cabin size suitcase is a little bit over 8 Kg... or other extra baggage perks? or is it the same as everybody else, those no status XYZ flyers?
In WAW make sure you board with Group 1 (C, PE, XX*G) - they DO NOT weight Group 1 bags.

And if you are *A (and have time) make sure to go to Elite lounge-within-a-lounge - real champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte) and better food. You will have to register again for Elite - but this is the WAW thing.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 4:02 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by oliver2002
11/29 is closed only till June 14:
Re, one of WAW runways currently closed...

Arrived into WAW this morning. June 14 looks feasible...

These previously closed Schengen gates are already open again.

The runway (as far as I could tell) is almost done.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPJ
June 14 looks feasible...

These previously closed Schengen gates are already open again.

The runway (as far as I could tell) is almost done.
Good news there, dzięki T ^

[OT] W Warszawie on the 20th for most of the day, drop me a message if you're around (I'm sure you'll be jet-setting somewhere but piwo catch-up long overdue now so worth asking [/OT]

G
iLied likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:48 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Good news there, dzięki T ^

[OT] W Warszawie on the 20th for most of the day, drop me a message if you're around (I'm sure you'll be jet-setting somewhere but piwo catch-up long overdue now so worth asking [/OT]

G
It’s not OT for the Kafeteria The BA forum has a meet up in Tallinn thread on there!
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:49 am

Are short haul flights out of Budapest coded LO2xxx (possibly LO22xx)?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by iLied

It’s not OT for the Kafeteria The BA forum has a meet up in Tallinn thread on there!
Well... it's dead since BA pulled the £232 return J fare via HEL ;-)
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by megaloman
Well... it's dead since BA pulled the £232 return J fare via HEL ;-)
Ah fair enough When did they do that?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:20 am

Ah fair enough When did they do that?
2017 IIRC... you could route via HEL on A359, I've done two of those, 200 tier points for £232 - not bad, all on BA codes too (so more avios for status pax). At some point they've limited it to the direct flight only, which being just a few miles short of HEL would earn half of the tier points...
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:33 am

2017 IIRC... you could route via HEL on A359, I've done two of those, 200 tier points for £232 - not bad, all on BA codes too (so more avios for status pax). At some point they've limited it to the direct flight only, which being just a few miles short of HEL would earn half of the tier points...
Maybe it’s back now? Direct flight has been cancelled. Do AY still use A359 on LHR-HEL? When I’ve looked, I’ve never been able to find that aircraft operating.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Would be sad for the members who fill in their details in the meetup thread...
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:57 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.

Maybe it’s back now? Direct flight has been cancelled. Do AY still use A359 on LHR-HEL? When I’ve looked, I’ve never been able to find that aircraft operating.
Finnair do use the A359 LHR-HEL, if on BA's site you can't see an operating aircraft it's the A359. It's the first flight out of HEL and the second out of LHR. They also use it or an A330 on one of the afternoon rotations but I'm not sure which one.
iLied likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 7:59 am

Maybe it’s back now? Direct flight has been cancelled.
Sadly, not. BA filled LHR-TLL fare with a generous routing allowance, then cut it to just direct flights. They recently did the same to many long haul removing scenic routings... e.g. AMS-LHR-BKK used to allow routing via SIN/HKG with much better aircraft on the long haul segment and ability to upgrade to First.

Do AY still use A359 on LHR-HEL? When I’ve looked, I’ve never been able to find that aircraft operating.
AY1331 @ 08:00 departure from Helsinki, AY1332 @ 10:20 departue from London. BA's website displays nothing for those flights (someone forgotten to fill in A359's description )
Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
They also use it or an A330 on one of the afternoon rotations but I'm not sure which one.
AY1337 @ 16:00 departure from Helsinki
AY1338 @ 18:10 departure from London
ams2174 and iLied like this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had no problems accessing lounge in TTL on BA[rb] service...
Originally Posted by hugolover

Really? It’s an undisputed fact on the BArb forum that they never paid up. How many times and when and with what card?
Well... it's dead since BA[rb] pulled the £232 return J fare via HEL ;-)
What a pity. Then you can't tell us all how you got into the TLL lounge on the BArb service when BArb never had an agreement, putting aside why you'd chose BArb legacy cabins over that TPrific routing...
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
What a pity. Then you can't tell us all how you got into the TLL lounge on the BArb service when BArb never had an agreement, putting aside why you'd chose BArb legacy cabins over that TPrific routing...
Correct, it was my partner who got in, without issues, while I was doing TLL-HEL-LHR, they were doing a direct route back to London. Maybe agent got confused, maybe missed something, they let us both in without bark. Yes, we both got Priority Pass through Amex Platinum, so it wouldn't be a problem either way. Sorry, missed your question earlier.

I'd choose BA's short haul cabin over others on longer routes as they still provide much better service in J than other carries, including AY. I did those trips solely to try the AY's A359 (haven't flown before) and to attend the Tallinn DO.
iLied likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.