Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by hugolover

You mean Basia’s Manage my Booking? If so, wait for OLCI as it’s the Amadeus platform, or plug your PNR into Helga’s beautiful Lufthansa.com and enter all the data you wish on there.
Hey. Our family hairdresser in Chicago is Basia. She’s amazing and every visit is an adventure. She’s my window into the Polish mind, and we love her. Now I need some pierogis.
hugolover likes this.

Last edited by milepig; May 10, 2019 at 7:37 pm
Old May 10, 2019, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K

You mean Basia’s Manage my Booking? If so, wait for OLCI as it’s the Amadeus platform, or plug your PNR into Helga’s beautiful Lufthansa.com and enter all the data you wish on there.
Dup. Oops
Old May 11, 2019, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Be aware that LOT PNR's doesn't always work at the LH website.
Might be true, but I have never experienced that. I always add my trips to the LH app for the past two-ish years.

Even my trip to/from SZY worked fine.
Old May 18, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: IHG Diamond AMB, M&M SEN
LO operated by Smartlynx - lounge access?

Hi all,

Do the Lot flights operated by Smartlynx count as Star Alliance (i.e. lo268)? I am asking as I am wondering whether a BP for such flight + SEN status will be eligible for lounge access.

Thank you in advance.
Old May 18, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
It's a wet lease. No different from "Lufthansa operated by Air Nostrum".
koriobg and iLied like this.
Old May 25, 2019, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPJ
Any idea what is going on - they started working on the Terminal extension?

I counted 5 Schengen jetties closed, also a fairly significant part of Schengen appron, 1 taxiway, 1 runway (the shorter one) all closed.

Looks like it will be yet another summer from hell for LO:

- 2-3 Dreamlines still grounded (will they fix the Trents before the summer peak? Hopefully yes)
- all MAX'es grounded (random aircraft wet leased)
- 5 Schengen jetties closed
- part of apron closed
- only one runway left
I was a bit early this morning (writing this while sitting on a half-empty LH1617, pushing back 15 minutes ahead of schedule...) so here’s a snapshot of the current state-of-play as per my friend T’s earlier post —

P.S.: I will be somewhere (i.e. lounge) in the H-gates area at Munich from roughly 7:30AM awaiting my ‘usual’ to Sarajevo, just in case anyone is around

G
Old May 26, 2019, 2:42 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK

I was a bit early this morning (writing this while sitting on a half-empty LH1617, pushing back 15 minutes ahead of schedule...) so here’s a snapshot of the current state-of-play as per my friend T’s earlier post —

P.S.: I will be somewhere (i.e. lounge) in the H-gates area at Munich from roughly 7:30AM awaiting my ‘usual’ to Sarajevo, just in case anyone is around

G
every sundays ?
Old May 27, 2019, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fifty_two
every sundays ?
I had to be in the office here in autumn-looking Sarajevo first this morning for what turned out to be a particularly brief CMO meeting (all the exciting bits of working in pharmaceutical’s supply chain on ‘overseas’ assignment... ) hence I was forced to depart at stupid o’clock Sunday morning (no availability on the later Austrian service via Vienna, sadly)

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; May 27, 2019 at 2:38 am
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:44 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Ex-Azul Embraiers

Amazing seat pitch in the first 5 rows. Flying from GVA on the lowest O-class fare, row 5 was blocked. LX SEN lounge rep changed my seat without any issues.

There were 2 poor souls in C and one of the guys, who boarded after me, went mad when he realized overhead bins were taken by the F/A luggage. Purser just ignored him (seems weird as he was a nice and experienced guy). Flight 30 minutes late as always these days (one runway in WAW closed).
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:38 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
The MAXes are supposed to be flown to LUZ, so that they don't take precious space in WAW.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Question

All,

Help is now at hand for any LOT's related query and may this also be a lively thread where to discuss anything which would otherwise not find a great deal of relevance/traffic through a 'free-standing' thread or indeed within the existing threads, which often result in off-topic material and that's a shame given the useful piece of information they contain (see the recent posts from our @hugolover concerning the recently launched RZE-EWR service). The idea, in short, is to have a thread along the lines of The Eurobonus Forum Kafé in the SAS sub-forum.

Needless to say, credit to @hugolover & @yurtripper for the initial suggestion.

Zapraszamy!

G
Helllo LOT-ters!

This will be my first time on LOT. I am doing a one-week trip to Moscow from Paris CDG via Warsaw second half of August.

I will be travelling on a "Light" Economy fare. My question is the following. The website says onboard baggage limited to one piece maximum 8 Kilograms and a hand bag.

I want to know... For us Star Alliance Gold members will LOT allow extra free carry-on? Will they fuss if my cabin size suitcase is a little bit over 8 Kg... or other extra baggage perks? or is it the same as everybody else, those no status XYZ flyers?

I am taking only carry-on. I want to know if they are super extra tight on weight or will they offer those of us with Gold status a little extra something without charge? I am out on a mission. I will have camera equipment with me on the trip. Lenses can be heavy.

Thank you very much in advance for any answer/advice you can provide.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CDG1
Helllo LOT-ters!

This will be my first time on LOT. I am doing a one-week trip to Moscow from Paris CDG via Warsaw second half of August.

I will be travelling on a "Light" Economy fare. My question is the following. The website says onboard baggage limited to one piece maximum 8 Kilograms and a hand bag.

I want to know... For us Star Alliance Gold members will LOT allow extra free carry-on? Will they fuss if my cabin size suitcase is a little bit over 8 Kg... or other extra baggage perks? or is it the same as everybody else, those no status XYZ flyers?

I am taking only carry-on. I want to know if they are super extra tight on weight or will they offer those of us with Gold status a little extra something without charge? I am out on a mission. I will have camera equipment with me on the trip. Lenses can be heavy.

Thank you very much in advance for any answer/advice you can provide.
Some outstations tend to be quite strict (regardless of status) whereas in Warsaw, unless your carry-on is visibly oversized, weight checks are fairly unlikely (even though the week just gone, as I was boarding my Belgrade flight, the gate agents were busy in performing some thorough checks even to those standing in the priority boarding's line...). As usual, the advice is to stick to the rules in order to avoid unpleasant surprises.

G
N1003U likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Lightbulb

Some outstations tend to be quite strict (regardless of status) whereas in Warsaw, unless your carry-on is visibly oversized, weight checks are fairly unlikely (even though the week just gone, as I was boarding my Belgrade flight, the gate agents were busy in performing some thorough checks even to those standing in the priority boarding's line...). As usual, the advice is to stick to the rules in order to avoid unpleasant surprises.

G
This is some wise advice. Thank you.
My cabin suitcase size is legit. I am minimalist.

Can always stick the heavy lenses in my hand bag.

Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Basia’s voice has just boomed through the WRO terminal to announce that her lavs are INOP and any deposits need to be made in the airport.

Bad news for any Babcia looking to make use of her Dash Lavs- door unlocked of course.

Last edited by hugolover; Jun 10, 2019 at 10:09 am
Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:52 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Basia’s voice has just boomed through the WRO terminal to announce that her lavs are INOP and any deposits need to be made in the airport.

Bad news for any Babcia looking to make use of her Dash Lavs- door unlocked of course.
Happened to me once on AS/Horizon SFO-PDX CR2 flight (which is much longer than WRO-WAW). Basically captain said we keep it until PDX or he cancels the flight. We told them we will keep it and he flew us safely to PDX.
hugolover likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.