Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, at least you can feel premium in the bulkhead that they sell as Business in Europe. "Business Class" on a Dash-just lovely!
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by hugolover
Yes only LH, no SH or MH.

Plug your PNR into https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/LOT and see what happens.
I've tried that and got:

Maybe because I've booked the ticket via Amex Travel (Ł200 off on Ł600 spend) - ticket issued on 080-stock, so should be fine I've thought.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can’t see your image, did you post that it works on short haul or something?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:28 am

I can’t see your image, did you post that it works on short haul or something?
It didn't work for me - got "no seats available" despite C cabin being empty. I'll check the image once I get back to the computer.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by megaloman
It didn't work for me - got "no seats available" despite C cabin being empty. I'll check the image once I get back to the computer.
It means that the upgrade isn’t possible. I have the same message for a booking involving Nordica flights.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, it works only for the LH routes.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:22 pm

Yes, it works only for the LH routes.
I'm pretty sure I've used it on short haul in the past, according to my notes - December 2017 on Warsaw-Venice route.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes it was binned sometime last year. They moved from OptionTown to Plusgrade.
megaloman likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 5:36 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
I'm not very experienced with LOT - only flown them once. I want to fly LCA-CPH (via WAW), stay a few days in CPH, and then fly CPH-JFK (via WAW), stay a week in the US and then fly JFK-LCA(via WAW). I want the TATL flights to be in business class. There does not appear to be a way on the website to have 2 different classes in a single ticket; I'm not even sure a travel agent can do this. Is booking a ticket LCA-WAW-JFK-LCA(via WAW) in business class and booking a separate ticket WAW-CPH-WAW in economy allowed (back-to-back/nested ticketing)? If so, would I be able to check my bag all the way through from LCA to CPH and CPH to JFK? If this is allowed, do I have any risks here? I would be flying LCA-WAW-CPH one day and then CPH-WAW-JFK in one day (a different day, obviously).
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Firstly I would try the telephone option i.e. give them a call and ask whether they’d be able to get that booked for you (don’t expect the shoddy LOT website to do much apart from the very basic functions). The other option is of course possible but chances are that being Larnaca an outstation they will refuse to check through. Again, best approach is to give them a call, failing that try a travel agent and finally the separate tickets as last resort (mind you it could well be that the latter will be the cheapest option).

G
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:16 am

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Firstly I would try the telephone option i.e. give them a call and ask whether they’d be able to get that booked for you (don’t expect the shoddy LOT website to do much apart from the very basic functions). The other option is of course possible but chances are that being Larnaca an outstation they will refuse to check through. Again, best approach is to give them a call, failing that try a travel agent and finally the separate tickets as last resort (mind you it could well be that the latter will be the cheapest option).

G
I suspect that the latter will be the cheapest option. I'm just trying to find out if it is legal (not violating the COC).
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by STBCypriot
I suspect that the latter will be the cheapest option. I'm just trying to find out if it is legal (not violating the COC).
If you're staying a few days in CPH, then I don't see how it would be illegal.
Mixed class flight where short haul (feeder) is in economy and long haul in business is likely to cost you more than having both segments in business.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone notice the two e-passport machines in the corner of the connections border area? If I can be more specific, the passport control that then leads around to the small security check right in front of the Polonez lounge.

They were not turned on and didn’t seem to be in use, but it looks like Mrs. May has heeded our calls and the cheque has cleared.

Are these the first e-passport machines in Poland?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Plug your PNR into https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/LOT and see what happens.
No option on the outbound in econ, but there is an option to bid on the return flight where I am already in PE. The default bid shows up as 2,805 PLN but I can slide it between 1,350-4000 PLN.

What's a decent strategy here if I'm not desperate for it to go through but simply would't mind trying out LO in biz? Bid just above the min amount like 1,400 (unless those bids don't even have a chance of being accepted)? Upgrade at check-in or onboard?

I take it nothing would change in terms of luggage allowance and I would still only be able to take my original 2 pcs as per my PE booking?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by aster
No option on the outbound in econ, but there is an option to bid on the return flight where I am already in PE. The default bid shows up as 2,805 PLN but I can slide it between 1,350-4000 PLN.

What's a decent strategy here if I'm not desperate for it to go through but simply would't mind trying out LO in biz? Bid just above the min amount like 1,400 (unless those bids don't even have a chance of being accepted)? Upgrade at check-in or onboard?

I take it nothing would change in terms of luggage allowance and I would still only be able to take my original 2 pcs as per my PE booking?
My experience on TATL routes (specifically WAW/ORD) is that the minimum bid is rarely successful (I have had better luck with free OPUPs, but maybe competition with non-rev crew members and LO-family plays a factor on this route?). For example, bids on the return from ORD start at about USD400/1600PLN, but my lowest successful bid was about USD600/2400PLN, at which point (upgrading from Premium), one wonders why not just buy the business ticket anyway. If sucess isn't important, trying to bid a little above the minimum might be a good strategy if you are feeling lucky.

Strictly by the fine print, the baggage allowance is determined by the terms of the original ticket (i.e., no 32kg pieces and no third check bag upgrading from Premium to Business, but I doubt anyone would question you with two carry-ons in the business cabin). The 32kg check bag allowance in business might be useful for some. I find at check-in they are quite strict with baggage allowances.
hugolover likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.