Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by hugolover
LO4 was cancelled yesterday.
Is there any further information on this cancellation? Was it weather related (really cold with lots of snow and ice out here this week), or did the equipment develop a different problem in ORD? Did LO003 arrive as scheduled?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've got no info, and I have asked, but nothing is entered in the system that my Polish pal has access to.

Has anyone taken the LCA services? Whats the strategy for the return? J fares are not insane, but looking at the light load, and the times, I can see myself just wanting to sleep. I was wondering about the lounge in LCA and if there is any place to get a few hours rest before the late return.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by iLied

Well that’s your prerogative but note that a same day cancellation offers more possibilities for rebooking than more than two weeks before the flight. I’ve had both and with a same day cancellation got rebooked onto Star Alliance. I imagine so far in advance capacity on LOT flights is greater than when it’s the same day where they have different obligations so they have more options with other carriers. You can’t know when they will cancel the flight but as was said by higolover, yesterday was a bad day for LOT so this is understandable.

I would reacquaint yourself with EU 261/2004 and read the fact sheet provided by the European Parliament, as to what your rights are. It’s different for different times of cancellation. If no more flights have been cancelled in February then you can book the flights LO31/32.

Of you were going to fly to Frankfurt with Lufthansa, then I doubt you would be having this discussion. Imagine you book it and then on the day, the flight is cancelled. Lufthansa have to rebook you and may end up putting you on LOT, you wouldn’t complain and you would be unlucky. It’s a fact of flying that the flight may be cancelled at the last minute. I’ve flown with people who aren’t frequent travelers before and you have to help them and watch out for them during the trip. These are all facts of life and nothing in aviation can be fully guaranteed but it’s a contract so contract law applies and you are obliged to get to your destination within a reasonable time.

I wouldn’t be thinking of flying to the US though at the moment anyway because of different reasons.
The fact that this route had been launched was highly appreciated, even though it was a 2x per week and no onward connections.

I hope it can still go either ways about the future of this route. I will continue to monitor what's going on, and we will see.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by gerilege
The fact that this route had been launched was highly appreciated, even though it was a 2x per week and no onward connections.

I hope it can still go either ways about the future of this route. I will continue to monitor what's going on, and we will see.
I have it confirmed to me today by LOT that a same day cancellation gives you the possibility of flying on more than just LOT.

I would still think twice about going to the US, unless you have to because it’s quite likely at the time you’re going that Customs and Border Protection and Transport Safety Administration officers won’t be working or if they are it’ll be out of the goodness of their hearts.
gerilege likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:19 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by iLied

I have it confirmed to me today by LOT that a same day cancellation gives you the possibility of flying on more than just LOT.

Of course - *A has an universal endorsement waiver for IROPS. LO is normally even more flexible and offers non-*A carriers, if requested.

Today I was on LO412 (ZRH-WAW) that got cancelled. I was offered a LH flight (I think via FRA) , but refused as I have a client call 2.30 to 6.30 pm. They put me on an evening LO flights. BTW - I am in SEN Lounge - the first working booth from the right. Just in case any of you is around
iLied likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by TPJ
Of course - *A has an universal endorsement waiver for IROPS. LO is normally even more flexible and offers non-*A carriers, if requested.

Today I was on LO412 (ZRH-WAW) that got cancelled. I was offered a LH flight (I think via FRA) , but refused as I have a client call 2.30 to 6.30 pm. They put me on an evening LO flights. BTW - I am in SEN Lounge - the first working booth from the right. Just in case any of you is around
Of course - before hand it’s a lot harder. It depends if there’s any LO flights available on the day. Does this depend on the interline agreements?

Fair enough! I’ve tended to fly towards the end of the day and fly from places where the connections are limited. Hope you’re enjoying the SEN lounge!
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by N1003U
Just to follow up (data point on EU claim processing time):

I just received today a confirmation today from LO that they have reviewed my EU261 claim (from a flight on 14AUG18, initial claim submitted 14SEP18) and they will, in fact, pay compensation. I have to fill out yet another form (with bank information), and LO is saying it may take another 4 weeks, but I now have written confirmation that the payment is coming.
For final follow-up: 600EUR from my claim hit my bank account early last week, and another 600EUR from my wife's claim hit the account a few days later (even though her claim was put in a couple of weeks later). So, from my perspective, the wheels of just compensation at LO apparently turn slowly, but at least they seem to get to the right place eventually.

To summarize:
Flight in question: 14AUG18
Claim filed via LO customer service site: 14SEP18
Response from LO (referral to on-line payment form): 04JAN19
Payment of compensation: 22JAN19

In other words, a little over 4 months from initial claim to payment.
iLied likes this.

Last edited by N1003U; Jan 28, 2019 at 3:23 pm
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:25 am

Is it possible to upgrade one segment of a ticket to a higher class of travel on a LOT ticket and LOT flights?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes I think so with the online upgrade.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
Yes I think so with the online upgrade.
Thanks! I don’t remember seeing anything last time I had a booking.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:19 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Guys, what's the best upgrade bidding strategy from SIN to WAW if I already hold a PE ticket?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You’ve got four options I guess:

Miles- if your fare allows.
Fare-upsell if your fare allows.
Upsell using LOT Upgrade on LOT.com using the bidding.
Fixed price Last Minute Upgrade from checkin/ticket office.

Going back a few years I only recently noticed that the upgrades don’t apply to any narrow body flights at all. I most definitely remember upgrades for the likes of BRU- which were outrageously priced and using OptionTown.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Yeah, I personally won WAW-BRU and BUD-WAW bids to C back in 2015/2016. So this is no longer the case, only longhaul?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes only LH, no SH or MH.

Plug your PNR into https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/LOT and see what happens.
marcoos likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
These days I only fly domestic on LOT, that was never upgradable. Good to know, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.