Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by cas_de
Which confirms exactly what I did see on both the E75 and the CR9 in late Dec! Thanks!
It does! I’ll hopefully be able to let you know soon about a CR9 on a Nordica flight and if it depends on the individual aircraft.

I wanted to let you know how it was when I traveled, as these things can change.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by gerilege

Thanks for your feedback! We are aware of the regulations but our concern is that given the window of our booking and as we are on a business trip, we are not interested in a direct flight if it’s unlikely to be operated.

If you look back in the forum, you’ll see that there has been some issues with LOT’s long haul fleet. I wouldn’t say at the moment that it’s unlikely to be operated because the situation can change unexpectedly, but if you’re worried, then use a different carrier out of BUD to ORD and back if the times are similar. Unless you want to wait until two weeks before and risk a much higher fare to verify that the flights are confirmed.

i’ve had it recently where a flight was cancelled because of a management decision in the future and it’s a trip that had already been confirmed. Nobody said anything to me that it might happen or anything like that because it was likely to be operated at the time. There’s always some risk when you fly that the flight is delayed or cancelled.

Do you know when those flights were cancelled? If not, then there’s no reason to doubt that it’ll not be operated but if you would rather fly with another carrier, then you have Austrian via Vienna, British Airways via London Heathrow and Lufthansa via either Frankfurti or Munich. As I said just above, there’s always a certain risk on your time when you fly and if there’s an issue then see what they offer you or seek a refund and make your own alternative arrangements.

Last edited by iLied; Jan 22, 2019 at 2:44 pm Reason: Adding information.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But if they are dumping these flights from BUD onto Mileage Bargains might it not be that the loads are also crap?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:55 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by iLied

It does! I’ll hopefully be able to let you know soon about a CR9 on a Nordica flight and if it depends on the individual aircraft.

I wanted to let you know how it was when I traveled, as these things can change.
These were the planes I did fly on in December:

E75 w/curtain:
SP-LIA
SP-LIC

CR9 w/o curtain:
ES-ACB
ES-ACJ
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by cas_de
CR9 w/o curtain:
ES-ACB
ES-ACJ
Fair enough! They certainly used to have a curtain I believe! I don’t know why they don’t want one now.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by hugolover
When are you travelling?

A friend of mine is listed on staff standby for SIN and they say the cabin is wide open for the next few months and has a better chance of clearing in Biz than PE. So if they're giving it away for nothing to staff then you'd imagine a paid upgrade might clear OK.
I have a flight in mid-March from SIN to WAW in PE that I am keen on upgrading (just this leg) as I might need to purchase a 3rd piece of luggage, so in a way this would offset the cost of the upgrade somewhat. I take it an upgrade to biz also includes a higher allowance of 3 bags, right?

How does this work overall in a technical or rather "logical" sense? I mean if there is even a minimal bid then is it guaranteed to be accepted if there are empty seats in biz, or can they turn it down and let the seat go empty instead?

Also, how soon does it clear time-wise? Do they always wait until 72-48 hrs before departure?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:59 am

If you look back in the forum, you’ll see that there has been some issues with LOT’s long haul fleet. I wouldn’t say at the moment that it’s unlikely to be operated because the situation can change unexpectedly, but if you’re worried, then use a different carrier out of BUD to ORD and back if the times are similar. Unless you want to wait until two weeks before and risk a much higher fare to verify that the flights are confirmed.

i’ve had it recently where a flight was cancelled because of a management decision in the future and it’s a trip that had already been confirmed. Nobody said anything to me that it might happen or anything like that because it was likely to be operated at the time. There’s always some risk when you fly that the flight is delayed or cancelled.

Do you know when those flights were cancelled? If not, then there’s no reason to doubt that it’ll not be operated but if you would rather fly with another carrier, then you have Austrian via Vienna, British Airways via London Heathrow and Lufthansa via either Frankfurti or Munich. As I said just above, there’s always a certain risk on your time when you fly and if there’s an issue then see what they offer you or seek a refund and make your own alternative arrangements.
Maybe you already know this, but I add some more information. In the original schedule the flights were supposed to operate on Tuesdays/Saturdays and this is the only direct flight between BUD and ORD, and I am about to travel with a group of infrequent flyers who are on one would prefer the direct flight, on the other hand would suffer from irregular operations.

As far as I know the Tuesday flights were cancelled in advance in one bulk early January, just like the Feb/16 Saturday flight. The Jan 12 and Jan 19 Saturday flights were about to operate. I do not know when the Jan 12 flight was nevertheless cancelled but based on the information I have, the Jan 19 flight was cancelled well within the two-week window. The Jan 26 flight is currently scheduled.

From what we have heard, re-booking to Star Alliance partners were not offered at all, only refund, book to the next direct flight (= none between Jan 9- Jan 25) or re-booking via Warsaw and LOT was giving people the runaround on EC261. If anyone recently affected by 787 cancellations, I would appreciate if you could confirm or reject if this is really the practice.

I think we will just wait and see if the Jan 26 flight will be cancelled again or not this time.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DPS is in the sales promo. I didn’t even notice they started that. I know it’s a charter from time to time but if it’s in the sale from LOT then it’s scheduled.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:37 am

Maybe you already know this, but I add some more information. In the original schedule the flights were supposed to operate on Tuesdays/Saturdays and this is the only direct flight between BUD and ORD, and I am about to travel with a group of infrequent flyers who are on one would prefer the direct flight, on the other hand would suffer from irregular operations.

As far as I know the Tuesday flights were cancelled in advance in one bulk early January, just like the Feb/16 Saturday flight. The Jan 12 and Jan 19 Saturday flights were about to operate. I do not know when the Jan 12 flight was nevertheless cancelled but based on the information I have, the Jan 19 flight was cancelled well within the two-week window. The Jan 26 flight is currently scheduled.

From what we have heard, re-booking to Star Alliance partners were not offered at all, only refund, book to the next direct flight (= none between Jan 9- Jan 25) or re-booking via Warsaw and LOT was giving people the runaround on EC261. If anyone recently affected by 787 cancellations, I would appreciate if you could confirm or reject if this is really the practice.

I think we will just wait and see if the Jan 26 flight will be cancelled again or not this time.
The Jan 26 flight is in a few days time, so it’ll be different.

If you’re really unsure, then talk to LOT contact centre. They’ll be able to help you out with what the options are.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DPS is in the sales promo. I didn’t even notice they started that. I know it’s a charter from time to time but if it’s in the sale from LOT then it’s scheduled.
Its with Jetstar Asia.

Its misleading to advertise this in this way. I couldn’t find the 2299zl price shown and it should be clearly stated that it’s with a non-Star partner. Which is quite odd in itself. Anyway, it’s quite unusual they advertise a destination in this way.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With regards to the seat blocking, I think I am closer to understanding the goings on.

A number of weeks ago, LOT made some cuts to the Altea agreement they have. Whereas in shared LH stations they could do check-in using the LH system, like at LHR (where EW, LO, LH, OS and LX) share a common checkin area, staff would use one login and check-in all flights. It also meant you could pull up LH flights using the LO system. That's finished because the LH system has more features that LO haven't paid for.

So rather than thinking that LO now have a more sophisticated system I actually think its got some flaws and unintentional behaviours.

For example, take this flight on Sunday. Checkin will open at 10:45AM on 26 JAN. It has never been the case that it would be possible to assign the front row seats on domestic flights before OLCI opened. They are *always* blocked. But as you can see, pax are in the bulkhead. The occasion when I couldn't select Row 1 was on one of the new LCY capable Embraer's and I think this flight is also one of those. In the past week on DH4 I've had no problems and flying with a non-status pax this weekend, their seat map was different to mine if I check them in on their own. IOW, theoretical seating is working okay.

Check flights rest of the day, including those operated by an E95 and they are blocked (with higher loads). So contrary to someone posting insider info of LOT's Altea contracts, I conclude the system is just messed up and something is fishy about the LCY E90.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 26, 2019, 3:03 am

The Jan 26 flight is in a few days time, so it’ll be different.

If you’re really unsure, then talk to LOT contact centre. They’ll be able to help you out with what the options are.
LO31 is cancelled again. Yesterday it was scheduled. I think it makes sense to avoid flight pair LO31/32 until further updates.

To LOT ladies and gentlemen, this is not a fair game.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LO4 was cancelled yesterday. There were a handful of canx across the board, varying aircraft types.

SP-LRE ferried BUD-WAW today as LO9002.

I don’t spot a single 787 flight that’s on time today.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 3:15 am

LO4 was cancelled yesterday. There were a handful of canx across the board, varying aircraft types.

SP-LRE ferried BUD-WAW today as LO9002.

I don’t spot a single 787 flight that’s on time today.
I understand. Question of priorities.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 6:46 am

LO31 is cancelled again. Yesterday it was scheduled. I think it makes sense to avoid flight pair LO31/32 until further updates.

To LOT ladies and gentlemen, this is not a fair game.
Well that’s your prerogative but note that a same day cancellation offers more possibilities for rebooking than more than two weeks before the flight. I’ve had both and with a same day cancellation got rebooked onto Star Alliance. I imagine so far in advance capacity on LOT flights is greater than when it’s the same day where they have different obligations so they have more options with other carriers. You can’t know when they will cancel the flight but as was said by higolover, yesterday was a bad day for LOT so this is understandable.

I would reacquaint yourself with EU 261/2004 and read the fact sheet provided by the European Parliament, as to what your rights are. It’s different for different times of cancellation. If no more flights have been cancelled in February then you can book the flights LO31/32.

Of you were going to fly to Frankfurt with Lufthansa, then I doubt you would be having this discussion. Imagine you book it and then on the day, the flight is cancelled. Lufthansa have to rebook you and may end up putting you on LOT, you wouldn’t complain and you would be unlucky. It’s a fact of flying that the flight may be cancelled at the last minute. I’ve flown with people who aren’t frequent travelers before and you have to help them and watch out for them during the trip. These are all facts of life and nothing in aviation can be fully guaranteed but it’s a contract so contract law applies and you are obliged to get to your destination within a reasonable time.

I wouldn’t be thinking of flying to the US though at the moment anyway because of different reasons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.