Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
It’s okay. Nothing more:

Two salads, though only meat on it typically after breakfast. Some cold cuts in a fridge. Soup. Cake. Bread- yesterday the bread was so stale it could break windows.

In my opinion the food is weak in comparison to other domestic lounges in PL and certainly compared to WAW. The only hot food is soup after noon- winter only.

Bevs are okay, unfortunately carbonated water unlike San Pelly in WAW.

Katowice has a better selection. I’m bored of Krakow lounge and try not to spend too long in there. Charging plebby pax 120PLN is comical.
Thanks for the comments.
Somehow, as expected.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: M&M FTL
It’s okay. Nothing more:

Two salads, though only meat on it typically after breakfast. Some cold cuts in a fridge. Soup. Cake. Bread- yesterday the bread was so stale it could break windows.

In my opinion the food is weak in comparison to other domestic lounges in PL and certainly compared to WAW. The only hot food is soup after noon- winter only.

Bevs are okay, unfortunately carbonated water unlike San Pelly in WAW.

Katowice has a better selection. I’m bored of Krakow lounge and try not to spend too long in there. Charging plebby pax 120PLN is comical.
Aren't all the domestics contract lounges rather than LOT lounges? Presumably they don't have much influence over the selections (and why FTLs no longer have access).
Old Jan 17, 2019, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by theSaladDays
Aren't all the domestics contract lounges rather than LOT lounges?
They are, yes.

As also stated above by hugolover, Katowice has a good selection though (there was even some decent sushi the other day!) whereas Gdańsk has the best beer (Browar Amber, the local brewery from Kolbudy ) but a rather poor food selection (lots of sweet snacks which don't really go well with the beer itself!).

G
hugolover likes this.

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Jan 17, 2019 at 4:55 am
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
The lounge in KRK isn't a LOT business lounge, like you have in WAW, it's a contract lounge. FTL won't get you in there so you need a ticket in J, *G status or something like Priority Pass.

The food options are fairly basic (better than GDN but worse than WAW) but it's a pleasant enough place to hang out as you have a view of the apron. If you feel you need a proper meal I wouldn't rely on it by any means.
hugolover and Maniak like this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

RZE is a pleasant little lounge in a place you wouldn’t expect it (despite the recent EWR service).

On account that they have a Nespresso machine, it’s the best coffee of all in Polish lounges.

Sometimes they have Bigos.

I saw a legacy Deduschka enjoy packets of jam and butter. He just ate them with a spoon. A delicious treat no doubt. SEN tag was on full deployment-0 stars observed.

Regarding KRK, if there would be any impetus for change in the catering then the political class who visit (with their gratis SEN status) would need to feed it back via their “far right” contacts. Then I’m sure things would improve.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:41 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
G and I are of the opinion that it changed last week.

But we should gather data... when was the last time you successfully selected the bulkhead?

The opinion is it might be blocked to non-M&M Golds.
Flying KRK-WAW tonight - scored 2D bulkhead/emergency exit seat

Edit - 1B is also available
iLied likes this.

Last edited by TPJ; Jan 22, 2019 at 3:52 am
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We noticed it on the Embraers. Dash is OK.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:14 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Trip report: The ERJ175 did have a separation curtain and I didn’t notice one on the CRJ900.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:42 am
Original Poster

I know I've highlighted this before but I seem to come across similar set-ups in terms of pricing more and more often

G
TPJ and iLied like this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:53 am

Dear FT members,

Sorry if this is not the right thread for this question.

Could you please help with an educated guess or other information whether LO31 (BUD-ORD) and LO32 (ORD-BUD) are expected to operate in February and March? The Tuesday rotations have been cancelled a while ago, but now I can see that the January 12 and 19 Saturday rotations were also cancelled and I heard in local media that only long connections via Warsaw or rebooking to the next operating direct flight (who knows when) or a refund have been offered.
I can see that Feb 2,9,23 are bookable, and in March the rotation seems to be back to normal Tuesday and Saturday, but our group is a bit hesitant to book the Feb 23 or Mar 2 rotations (final date to be finalized slightly later).
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Just curious about the upgrade process - has anyone had any success bidding on the SIN-WAW route, especially for an upgrade from Premium Economy to Biz?

Do minimum bids have any chance at all of being accepted or are they a waste of time? Do PE to Biz upgrades clear more often since the airline can simultaneously sell an Econ to PE upgrade to someone else?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When are you travelling?

A friend of mine is listed on staff standby for SIN and they say the cabin is wide open for the next few months and has a better chance of clearing in Biz than PE. So if they're giving it away for nothing to staff then you'd imagine a paid upgrade might clear OK.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by gerilege
Dear FT members,

Sorry if this is not the right thread for this question.

Could you please help with an educated guess or other information whether LO31 (BUD-ORD) and LO32 (ORD-BUD) are expected to operate in February and March? The Tuesday rotations have been cancelled a while ago, but now I can see that the January 12 and 19 Saturday rotations were also cancelled and I heard in local media that only long connections via Warsaw or rebooking to the next operating direct flight (who knows when) or a refund have been offered.
I can see that Feb 2,9,23 are bookable, and in March the rotation seems to be back to normal Tuesday and Saturday, but our group is a bit hesitant to book the Feb 23 or Mar 2 rotations (final date to be finalized slightly later).
Know that under EU 261/2004 regulations that if they cancel the flight, you have rights. This is because they break the contract with you. It’s worth reading up about them.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:09 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by iLied
Trip report: The ERJ175 did have a separation curtain and I didn’t notice one on the CRJ900.
Which confirms exactly what I did see on both the E75 and the CR9 in late Dec! Thanks!
N1003U and iLied like this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by iLied

Know that under EU 261/2004 regulations that if they cancel the flight, you have rights. This is because they break the contract with you. It’s worth reading up about them.
Thanks for your feedback! We are aware of the regulations but our concern is that given the window of our booking and as we are on a business trip, we are not interested in a direct flight if it’s unlikely to be operated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.