Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by hugolover
Mazurek is terrible.. so busy... as soon as I saw the queues were so short at least the border I regretted my decision to come here. But I at least wanted to try it.

If they had some kind of eBorder there would be no compelling reason to come here at all. No
champagne as it’s FTL facility.
It was bound to end up a zoo like Bolero eventually.

I enjoyed it in the two visits I had in its first week of operation. On both visits there was nobody else except me and someone fast asleep on a couch (maybe it was the same guy on both occasions? )
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPJ
Hey G and I

December 9 flying from GDN to KRK.

T
Cześć T,

I'm assuming you mean February? Unless you wish to give us nearly a year's notice, which is fair enough

G
iLied likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPJ
Link:https://www.pasazer.com/news/40426/w...za,2018,r.html (in Polish - use Chrome to translate)

8.8 mio passengers
Above 75% low factor (fairly low I would say)
Operating income - about PLN 200 mio (about EUR 46 mio)
Operating margin - 3.3%
I briefly flicked through the above referenced article and the outlook seems all but stellar. I (and surely not only myself) am under the impression that even a slight change [towards the plus] when it comes to fuel costs could mean serious trouble for the likes of LOT & SAS, which are also amongst the very few major carriers excluded from a joint-venture alliance (such as BA/AA/IB or AF/KL/DL/AZ but I'm sure everyone got the idea). We shall watch this space.

G
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:02 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Cześć T,

I'm assuming you mean February? Unless you wish to give us nearly a year's notice, which is fair enough

G
Czesc G.

The question actually was about the last time I managed to get a bulkhead seat It was actually December 2018
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Mazurek is terrible.. so busy... as soon as I saw the queues were so short at least the border I regretted my decision to come here. But I at least wanted to try it.

If they had some kind of eBorder there would be no compelling reason to come here at all. No
champagne as it’s FTL facility.
Originally Posted by yurtripper
It was bound to end up a zoo like Bolero eventually.

I enjoyed it in the two visits I had in its first week of operation. On both visits there was nobody else except me and someone fast asleep on a couch (maybe it was the same guy on both occasions? )
Yes, I suppose the Mazurek lounge was bound to be discovered sooner or later. I have been there maybe 4 times since its opening (last time a week ago), and each time it was a little bit more crowded. I agree Mazurek has become nearly as bad as Bolero, but maybe not quite, and I at least imagine that the catering and drink offerings are a bit better in Mazurek vs. Bolero. I think it does not help either non-Schengen lounge that so many long-haul flights seem to depart almost at the same time in the afternoon.

It's for me a bit of a shame the Mazurek lounge has so quickly become over crowded, as I enjoy the view of the ramp better than the view of business class check-in at Polonez.

My general pattern is arrival from FRA mid-day and then depart around 1600 (if there are no delays) on LO 003. IME, the (popular) ORD flights get protected well in terms of going off (reasonably) on-time. However, I like to have some buffer time on the feeder because, well, things happen.

This means I normally have a couple of hours in WAW. While the Polonez lounge is a totally acceptable place to wait, there is always the question: when do I head for passport control to get to the gate at the right time? I rarely have a problem with delays at passport control, but it only takes one bad experience to learn one's lesson about cutting it too close. So I usually leave Polonez about 30 minutes before boarding, and under normal circumstances, I have 20-30 minutes to hang out in the Non-Schengen area (assuming there are no flight delays). In that time I can a.) mingle with the masses crowding most corners of the boarding areas, where several flights board simultaneously (and often with nowhere to sit), b.) go to Duty Free and buy yet another bottle of Polish vodka, or c.) attempt to relax for a few minutes in Mazurek (and before that, Bolero). No really great choices, at least none I have discovered.

What are the experiences of others leaving Schengen in WAW near the early evening departure rush?
hugolover and AlicorporateUK like this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N1003U
What are the experiences of others leaving Schengen in WAW near the early evening departure rush?
It does vary — at times I was amongst the very few (Friday/Saturday/Sunday being the quietest days, at least by experience) whereas there were instances when the queue got all the way to the ING seating/internet point down to gate 26 (I think I was travelling with @yurtripper once and we both saw that so I’m not having a giraffe here, even though admittedly we were both slightly tanked ), sure thing the previous layout was much better in that respect. All-in-all, it is about time that they invest in passports e-gates, it’s 2019 and some airports (see FCO) would even allow US/Canada passport holders through the automated gates.

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Jan 15, 2019 at 12:10 pm Reason: minor correction.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPJ
Czesc G.

The question actually was about the last time I managed to get a bulkhead seat It was actually December 2018
Ha, my remark was a bit tongue-in-cheek as I didn’t have a clue of what you were on about! My fault, though — I’ve got man flu and can surely be forgiven on this particular occasion

G
TPJ likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
I briefly flicked through the above referenced article and the outlook seems all but stellar. I (and surely not only myself) am under the impression that even a slight change [towards the plus] when it comes to fuel costs could mean serious trouble for the likes of LOT & SAS, which are also amongst the very few major carriers excluded from a joint-venture alliance (such as BA/AA/IB or AF/KL/DL/AZ but I'm sure everyone got the idea). We shall watch this space.
Hopefully, the new routes and frequencies will gain enough momentum to provide enough padding for a downturn.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lack
Hopefully, the new routes and frequencies will gain enough momentum to provide enough padding for a downturn.
Indeed.

G
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Regarding the front row seating issue, I received a message from LOT on FB to say that these are now only for M&M Golds. They're not the best at communication, so at first I was told no information...and then told its M&M Gold only, but no confirmation it changed.

It's clearly the case it's only for M&M Gold,, but I am not convinced this was intentional on their part and the conclusions the customer facing staff have come to could just be a deduction on their part from bookings they have poked into. Or are we being unfair to them? With all their problems their focus was blocking Row 1 and 2 on domestic flights for SENs?

I'm inclined to think there was a software update to the ALTEA system and this is the consequence of it.

As a reminder in the past it was Y fare and all Golds. Y fare definitely makes a lot of sense for those continuing from WAW in Business Class to not have a crap seat for choosing LOT with a one class domestic cabin...

Does anyone have a good contact who could assist with this? Send me a PM. Or someone who speaks Polish could post on one of the Polish Forums (if there is no chatter already). I am surprised, with all of those A3*G in PL more pax haven't noticed it.

Hopefully later today I'll get some news from a Station Manager if they know anything.
TPJ and AlicorporateUK like this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Regarding the front row seating issue, I received a message from LOT on FB to say that these are now only for M&M Golds
I would take that with the usual pinch of salt, it reminds me when they used to come up with similar statements regarding access to the 'elite' section at the Polonez in Warsaw. I genuinely don't think that the social media team would have even a slight clue about extra 'layers' on Altéa and the likes.

G
hugolover likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You’re right. But as I said, I think they deduced that’s what’s going on and it looks to be true anyway.

The debatable issue is whether they intended it this way and if the back office actually confirmed it changed.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Wish me luck with my EU 261/2004 claim with LOT. I get the impression it should be looked at within 30 days.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:12 pm

How is a LOT lounge in Krakow? Do they serve any real food? How does is compare to Polonez in Warsaw?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It’s okay. Nothing more:

Two salads, though only meat on it typically after breakfast. Some cold cuts in a fridge. Soup. Cake. Bread- yesterday the bread was so stale it could break windows.

In my opinion the food is weak in comparison to other domestic lounges in PL and certainly compared to WAW. The only hot food is soup after noon- winter only.

Bevs are okay, unfortunately carbonated water unlike San Pelly in WAW.

Katowice has a better selection. I’m bored of Krakow lounge and try not to spend too long in there. Charging plebby pax 120PLN is comical.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.