Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The bilateral allows for 4 flights a week with a cap of 1600 seats/week. Page 57 of this document: Bilaterals

Assuming the B788 LO uses has 252 seats that would accomodate 6.3 flights a week, the B789 with 294 seats is 5.4 flights.

The setup can be used to feed the ORD/NYC departures... altough WAW is closer to India the cost of transiting Russia is a problem and to avoiding RU airspace they have to fly a really southerly detour to avoid the UA airspace too.
hugolover and N1003U like this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:07 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by hugolover

I guess it would be down to bilateral's. I wonder what exists between PL and IN? Is there any history of flights?
A weekly IL62 flight to DEL in the 80's. A weekly B767 WAW-DEL-SIN flight till about 1993.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:27 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
If you’ve had a complete lack of infomation from LOT about your flight. Please complain to them. They’ve done this to me now and without something from LOT about the flight, nothing can be done.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone passing through Chopin () on Tuesday?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Anyone passing through Chopin () on Tuesday?
Sorry, you are a week too late.
I spent 5 hours there this past Tuesday. It would have been great to have some intelligent life with which to interact.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N1003U
Sorry, you are a week too late.
I spent 5 hours there this past Tuesday. It would have been great to have some intelligent life with which to interact.
I see you're an optimist...
N1003U and yurtripper like this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Just wanted to check with you guys about buying extra luggage. On a WAW-SIN flight in Y I take it it's 500 PLN minus 20% for doing it online (for a 23 kg bag)? Is there a limit to the number of additional bags (or price change from 2nd bag onwards)?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is the logic for selecting first row's on the domestic flights still the same?

Ie, Gold/SEN, Premium Onward travel...ie a high PCV.

I noticed that the first row has not unblocked but its not occupied. And given its a while since I've had the pleasures of Basia's cabins, I cannot attest if that logic is the same as it was previously.

It's always been unavailable for ASR, but would open at OLCI with the right PCV.

This is for an E90 flight.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:22 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
I could probably write a book with all the BS I (and indeed the other passengers) got over the years while waiting for the chronically delayed late evening domestic flights. The thing I used to find most annoying was the boarding time changing every 15/20 minutes, hinting at a further delay, with no announcements nor apologies (the usual group of gate agents happily chatting in the meantime). Nowadays, I tend to wait in the lounge until I see Boarding on the screen, even though a few weeks ago, while heading to gate 45 (i.e. down the very bottom of the Schengen side) for the last Szczecin flight, I heard my name (last call) a couple of times and got even 'told off' once at the gate...

G
I totally agree! That's why I always track the incoming on FR24 if I can. I do exactly the same as you these days. One time I left the lounge as soon as boarding was announced and despite taking 5 mins max to get to the gate the GA gave me a snide look and said "we've been waiting for you". Of course, once I got on the plane there was a 45-min delay because someone didn't have the right paperwork!

PS Please go ahead and write that book of yours!
hugolover and iLied like this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Does weather matter in IIROPS situation?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:27 am
TPJ

It's always been unavailable for ASR, but would open at OLCI with the right PCV.

This is for an E90 flight.
Sounds about right. I score row 1 most of the time, OLCI'ng the day before departure.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

G and I are of the opinion that it changed last week.

But we should gather data... when was the last time you successfully selected the bulkhead?

The opinion is it might be blocked to non-M&M Golds.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mazurek is terrible.. so busy... as soon as I saw the queues were so short at least the border I regretted my decision to come here. But I at least wanted to try it.

If they had some kind of eBorder there would be no compelling reason to come here at all. No
champagne as it’s FTL facility.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:57 am
TPJ

Hey G and I

December 9 flying from GDN to KRK.

T
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:07 am
TPJ

Some 2018 semi audited provisional financial and operational data

Link:https://www.pasazer.com/news/40426/w...za,2018,r.html (in Polish - use Chrome to translate)

8.8 mio passengers
Above 75% low factor (fairly low I would say)
Operating income - about PLN 200 mio (about EUR 46 mio)
Operating margin - 3.3%

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.