Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N1003U
Just to follow up (data point on EU claim processing time):

I just received today a confirmation today from LO that they have reviewed my EU261 claim (from a flight on 14AUG18, initial claim submitted 14SEP18) and they will, in fact, pay compensation. I have to fill out yet another form (with bank information), and LO is saying it may take another 4 weeks, but I now have written confirmation that the payment is coming.
Thank you for the helpful follow-up and I’m glad you’re about the see the back of this. That aside, I’m genuinely hoping for a few intense lesson learned sessions at HQ in Warsaw in order to prevent a similar fiasco from reoccurring, starting 5/6-months’ time from now.

G
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by cas_de

no curtains on both CR9 flights I took last week.
I'll be able to report back this week, including one as a wet lease for LO and a Nordica flight for Nordica.

Last edited by iLied; Jan 7, 2019 at 8:48 am
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:09 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Is something going on with LOT (or their Dreamliners) lately because I just checked FlightRadar24 and was surprised to see the Jan 3 service on WAW-SIN (LO67) and subsequent Jan 5 flight from SIN-WAW (LO68) cancelled.

The return flight was probably quite busy (if not full) due to people coming back after Christmas/school break, so this must have been SUPER-costly in terms of compensation/accommodation/rebooking/etc.

And then the next flight from SIN on Jan 7 was delayed from 00:05 to 04:40.

Anyone know what's going on there?
hugolover likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aster
Anyone know what's going on there?
Technical (or, rather, the usual) issues affecting SP-LRE (adding to misery, it was supposed to operate LO23/LAX today flight cancelled but, as far as I'm aware and from what I've heard, most pax were promptly informed and rerouted accordingly).

G
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:24 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by marcoos
Food-wise, I didn't see any difference from what the C pax were served (for WAW-TLL I was in C and the food was exactly the same), except C pax getting the food unwrapped, and me in Y+ needing to remove the plastic covers from a few items. Drink offer might have been different, but I didn't care about that anyway (it's usually tomato juice for me). Quality-wise, it's no worse from Lufthansa's C food, and sometimes better..
Originally Posted by Agneisse
I quite liked the food served in Y+ WAW-LHR. Was hot and tasty. FA was surprisingly pleasant. We didn’t get a tablecloth unlike the J folks in the row in front, though :P
Ah! It seems I received the Y+ service instead of C on my rerouted flight then. Maybe I shall request compensation

I have to agree with the other guys re: food quality. I find the catering better than LH C.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:48 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Ah! It seems I received the Y+ service instead of C on my rerouted flight then. Maybe I shall request compensation

I have to agree with the other guys re: food quality. I find the catering better than LH C.
Fair enough! It’s worth a try. They didn’t give you a similar class of service.

Good to know! I would probably fly LO over LH.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What nonsense . LOT are a 3 Star airline. Lufty 5 Star! The facts speak for themselves.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
What nonsense . LOT are a 3 Star airline. Lufty 5 Star! The facts speak for themselves.
Why yes, Luftys marketing budget is much larger indeed

honestly, I find LO soft product as good as LH/OS in Y on balance, and better in C. (Talking about intra-Europe). Down to things like separate bus for C pax on remote gates, which I would have very much enjoyed several times in FRA over the last months
IRROPS handling and so such is certainly on a lower level, but still workable.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I find LO soft product as good as LH/OS in Y on balance, and better in C. (Talking about intra-Europe). Down to things like separate bus for C pax on remote gates, which I would have very much enjoyed several times in FRA over the last months
IRROPS handling and so such is certainly on a lower level, but still workable.
Agreed. Unfortunately, though, their on-time performance remains an issue (not to say complete shambles), reason why I tend to avoid them nowadays (and, again, that's a shame because their C product is truly worth it and I'm also including the new lounge in Warsaw).

G
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is the LO soft product in Y? Free water in summer and tepid tea and coffee in winter?

Hard product wise, the seats are so uncomfortable on the MAX and squeezing them in on the EMB fleet. It’s mariginal over LH as time progresses.

On my recent flights, LH had Ferrari Prosecco (Y also as per LH standard) which is better than some champagnes I’ve had on flights.

I don’t rate OS at all. Crap lounges. Prefer MUC to VIE.

FRA is crap unless you’re F/HON but MUC is a great place to change and the lounge, especially in the Satellite are marvellous for Gold. Their selection of drinks is superb. No security from clean countries and eBorder. There’s none at all in WAW.

My mojito was made with Santa Teresa rum before New Year.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Free water in summer and tepid tea and coffee in winter?
Prince Polo!

G
N1003U likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
More LOT shenanigans to kick off the new year with!

I had a New Years Day flight WAW-IST booked on ECO STD ticket. As this includes seat selection I had chosen a seat at the front of Y back in Sep '18 when I made the booking - the seat selection showed up in the email confirmation I received.

For once, I checked in a bag so I went to the desk to dump the bag and pick up a paper copy of the BP. To my surprise I saw that my original seat selection had changed from the 1st row in Y to row 22 near the back. When I told them I'd already paid (effectively) for seat selection and so I was expecting the seat I'd chosen the agent tried to fob me off until I showed her the original email. Then she said there'd been an equipment change. However there was no such thing. The equipment had originally been indicated as E95 and, sure enough, it was E95 for that day also. AFAIK, WAW-IST is ONLY served by E95. Then she said that it was a different E95 from the original one! I had no idea that altering the registration of an identical plane would result in a different seat map

In the end I was offered 9D which I took, but that wasn't the end of the story, however. On the return leg the same thing happened - this time I got pushed back to row 14 (I'd been too preoccupied in IST to OLCI close to the beginning of the 36-hour window) and there was nothing better available.

So it seems that LO is now reselling prior seat selections to other pax and essentially making money twice over. If it had been an exit row I'd have raised merry hell but this is still something that leaves me feeling dissatisfied.
Thankfully, this year is a dead year after having hit FTL qualification two years on the bounce. I'm certainly not inclined to send any more money in LO's direction for the time being.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:03 am

What is the LO soft product in Y? Free water in summer and tepid tea and coffee in winter?

Free water and coffee and a Prince Polo. Compared to that with, say, OS, I get a Milka Tender or something or a small bag of pretzels, and I can get a coke or a juice instead of water. On balance, I prefer to be able to buy something more substantial if I decide to do so.
LH is very slightly better (at least there is a sandwich), LX also from ZRH, then again worse in GVA.
And at least LO offers +1 bag for status pax on eco light fare, unlike LH Group.

Hard product wise, the seats are so uncomfortable on the MAX and squeezing them in on the EMB fleet. It’s mariginal over LH as time progresses.
Hard product, IMO, has next to no difference. E-Jets of LOT I find one of the most comfortable planes ever tried, but who knows how will it be in new config. Max I don't think is any worse than LH Neos.

On my recent flights, LH had Ferrari Prosecco (Y also as per LH standard) which is better than some champagnes I’ve had on flights.
Never actually had bubbles on board. But if you care about that than sure, good point.

I don’t rate OS at all. Crap lounges. Prefer MUC to VIE.
Lounge wise MUC is definitely miles ahead especially with SEN. Strangely I feel that in VIE, Business lounge is better than SEN, compared to other BIZ lounges it's comparable if slightly worse in some areas.

FRA is crap unless you’re F/HON but MUC is a great place to change and the lounge, especially in the Satellite are marvellous for Gold. Their selection of drinks is superb. No security from clean countries and eBorder. There’s none at all in WAW.
True I never did a non-Schengen connection in WAW.
MUC is a great airport to change at, and I wish I could use it more. The trouble is that while KSC finally got direct MUC connection.. it's only twice a week on EW, and at that, .... times (arrives to MUC at like 8:45 pm, good luck making connections)
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Technical (or, rather, the usual) issues affecting SP-LRE (adding to misery, it was supposed to operate LO23/LAX today – flight cancelled but, as far as I'm aware and from what I've heard, most pax were promptly informed and rerouted accordingly).
Is SP-LRE dodgy somehow? It seems to have arrived in SIN as usual but the delay on the outbound from 00:05 to 04:40 is worrisome (especially considering the plane landed about 6 hrs before the scheduled departure time). Is there any site where we can check what exactly happened that day?

No European airline is 5-star as the hard product always comes first.

I do admire LH though as a truly global airline that's solid, worry-free (I mean if you can't trust German engineering and maintenance then is there ANYONE in the world you CAN trust? ), and does the job done without trying to pretend that it's something it's not. BA, on the other hand, tries to market itself as 5-star but a peek at the seat-map makes you think Easyjet just purchased some wide-body aircraft and somehow that showed up on your screen instead...

At the end of the day I guess it depends on how you see things. I would take First Class out of the equation when comparing airlines (some don't even have F) as it's a niche market/product. I would mainly look at C as the outstanding product on board that is to be compared across carriers, but at the same time I would expect the Y offering to be solid as well - I simply don't respect any carrier that completely disregards any class of travel.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Some E95s have a more packed config. This is supposed to eventually happen to the whole E95 fleet. That's probably what the "equipment change" was about.
hugolover likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.