Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has the spa re-opened yet?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
What is Premium Economy like on LO flights? The difference doesn’t seem so big so I may take it.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by iLied
What is Premium Economy like on LO flights? The difference doesn’t seem so big so I may take it.
The hard product is good enough for a day flight. I'd say it is similar to LH's. The soft product, however, is hit or miss. I'd still take it over Y in a heartbeat.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:17 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Long-haul - it's similar to LH, indeed, but it's slightly better in my opinion: there's a separate Y+ cabin. On Lufthansa Y+ pax sit in the same cabin as economy.

On short-haul, it's similar to short-haul SAS Plus, but with DO&CO food rather than the cubes, and Y+ pax sit on the same side of the curtain as C pax.

For me, whenever I was interested in short-haul Y+ on LOT, it usually costed almost as much as C, which makes me wonder why should I pay the same but have less free space... If the prices do make sense in your case, go for it - it's pretty nice.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by marcoos
On short-haul, it's similar to short-haul SAS Plus, but with DO&CO food rather than the cubes, and Y+ pax sit on the same side of the curtain as C pax.
C and Y+ are virtually the same (apart from the middle seat and the number of points earned, needless to say) the only difference being standard versus plastic glass and the take-away style food tray as opposed to the standard dish in C.

G
iLied likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
C and Y+ are virtually the same (apart from the middle seat and the number of points earned, needless to say) the only difference being standard versus plastic glass and the take-away style food tray as opposed to the standard dish in C.

G
Thanks! At least it’s an affordable alternative to C. On short haul, is Y+ next to the Y cabin?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by marcoos
Long-haul - it's similar to LH, indeed, but it's slightly better in my opinion: there's a separate Y+ cabin. On Lufthansa Y+ pax sit in the same cabin as economy.

For me, whenever I was interested in short-haul Y+ on LOT, it usually costed almost as much as C, which makes me wonder why should I pay the same but have less free space... If the prices do make sense in your case, go for it - it's pretty nice.
It’s still significant for me at the moment and I don’t know what benefit I would get at my home airport, I’ve only seen Y and C, maybe departing from a LOT hub would be more beneficial. It would be a short haul flight.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Thanks! At least it’s an affordable alternative to C. On short haul, is Y+ next to the Y cabin?
^ There's no curtain on the 738M hence no dedicated cabin as such whereas on all other aircraft types C & Y+ are both on the same side of the curtain (as also @marcoos correctly stated in his latest post). I would also add that food served by LOT across their short/medium haul network is pretty decent and I would go as far as saying that it does rank amongst the best, at least in Europe (yes, I am including OS & TK).

G
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:54 am

^ There's no curtain on the 738Ms hence no dedicated cabin as such whereas on all the other aircraft types C & Y+ are both on the same side of the curtain (as also @marcoos correctly stated in his latest post). I would also add that food served by LOT on their short/medium haul routes is pretty decent and I would go as far as saying that it does certainly rank amongst the best, at least in Europe (yes, I am including OS & TK).

G
Does this include the E170’s and CR9’s? The curtain I mean between being Y+ and Y. This is good. Have you been in Y+ on a mid-morning and mid-afternoon flight?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Curtain-wise, I honestly can't remember on the CR9 but, yes, that definitely applies to the E70s. I have been to several Y+ mid-morning/afternoon services, yes (if you're about to ask about the catering, it varies depending on the route I had cold cuts' salads but also hot meals).

G
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:24 am

Curtain-wise, I honestly can't remember on the CR9 but, yes, that definitely applies to the E70s. I have been to several Y+ mid-morning/afternoon services, yes (if you're about to ask about the catering, it varies depending on the route I had cold cuts' salads but also hot meals).

G
Fair enough! I would assume it would apply to the E75s as well. Fair enough, does journey time come into it at all? I’m assuming you’re more likely to get a hot meal on LHR-WAW than on say WAW-ARN.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:03 am
Original Poster

I’m assuming you’re more likely to get a hot meal on LHR-WAW than on say WAW-ARN
Your assumption is entirely accurate

G
iLied likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:13 am

Your assumption is entirely accurate

G
Thanks. I did take a quick look at the schedule for WAW-LHR-WAW and it seems the flight time from WAW gets shorter with each flight. Could this be due to LHR?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The food is okay, but the selection of beverages is poor. Far better spirits in BArbara’s EuroTrash trolley (before she switched to BOB) than what LOT have now.

And the plonk...! Jeez...
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I did take a quick look at the schedule for WAW-LHR-WAW and it seems the flight time from WAW gets shorter with each flight. Could this be due to LHR?
No idea to be perfectly honest with you, nor have I ever paid any attention in that respect!

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.