The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Old Dec 28, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
I'm pretty sure I was able to access a lounge at AMS before a LO8XXX flight, I doubt you'll have issues at CPH (likewise, I also doubt someone will be monitoring your stay in terms of time at the lounge in question).

And a delayed Merry Christmas to you!

G
Thanks! (Same to the others who helped as well!) I was told that I have a set time. How did you find the business class on your LO8XXX flight from AMS?

Thanks!
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iLied
How did you find the business class on your LO8XXX flight from AMS?
On the whole, it was perfectly fine, no complaints: I got lounge access, no issues with priority boarding, professional yet very friendly cabin crew, an average (compared to industry standards) meal consisting of an omelette plus some veggies (all served in a box; coffee/tea/drinks were served in plastic cups). That being said, I flew from Warsaw to Stockholm on another occasion and service standards were slightly different, drinks were for instance served in glasses rather than plastic cups, I'm therefore assuming that LOT standards are followed on flights originating from WAW.

G
iLied likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
LOT standards are followed on all LO coded flights except LO 6xxx (charters, travel company standards are followed) and LO8xxx (flights for which Nordica takes actual business responsibility). You may notice that WAW-TLL-WAW are LO7xx, which means LOT standards are followed on this route.
AlicorporateUK and iLied like this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 5:40 pm

Programs: Skymiles/Aeroplan
Missing miles + Rant about LOT decline

Originally Posted by Lack
File for missing miles with UA MP.
Thank you for your help. I requested my miles from the United Mileage Plus site. I had to fill a request for each of the 6 segments, but the reply came instantly, telling me that the miles for the segment had been credited to my account.
I just want to add (as if it were necessary), that LOT is going downhill precipitously. Two years ago I flew LOT to Eastern Europe, and one could feel it was a serious airline. Now, every single aspect of flying LOT has been downgraded, from punctuality to food to flight attendants performance. I don't know anything about this airline's finances or other details, but it's detectable that there's something wrong going on. Also, it's my first time ever, in more than 300 flights in 30 or 40 airlines, that I didn't get miles credited automatically to the FF plan of my choice. LOT knows that most passengers are not paying attention, or if they are, that they may eventually get tired and let it go. Shame!

Last edited by danaraujo; Dec 28, 2018 at 5:43 pm Reason: grammar correction
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:23 pm

Well, LOT got a new, right-wing CEO in 2016.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
On the whole, it was perfectly fine, no complaints: I got lounge access, no issues with priority boarding, professional yet very friendly cabin crew, an average (compared to industry standards) meal consisting of an omelette plus some veggies (all served in a box; coffee/tea/drinks were served in plastic cups). That being said, I flew from Warsaw to Stockholm on another occasion and service standards were slightly different, drinks were for instance served in glasses rather than plastic cups, I'm therefore assuming that LOT standards are followed on flights originating from WAW.

G
Thanks! Im thinking about going to Tallinn via Copenhagen with a long stopover so wanted to do it in business at least on the way out. My flight choices are now severely limited due to the destination and flight reduction by Nordica out of Tallinn, I may be flying via Warsaw more often for the foreseeable future! I find the cabin crew friendly and professional as well, it helps if you speak a bit of Estonian with them 😉

Its still a LOT service on Nordica aircraft out of Warsaw. This is due to Regional Jet being owned by Nordica and LOT so enables LOT access to EE registered aircraft as and when it needs to but are crewed by Regional Jet rather than LOT (so saves LOT money) so they are wetleases out of Warsaw, with varying cabin crew (LOT used to demand that one of their cabin crew was on board but not anymore).
Old Dec 29, 2018, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by marcoos
Well, LOT got a new, right-wing CEO in 2016.
Maybe the next government will change the CEO if its a new one! Is this the one whos pushing for effencies by pooling resources between the CEE airlines without actually merging the companies?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:26 pm

I may be flying via Warsaw more often for the foreseeable future! I find the cabin crew friendly and professional as well, it helps if you speak a bit of Estonian with them 😉
That might not work for Nordica crews based in Vilnius made of Lithuanians and Lithuanian Poles, who operate on some of LOT/Nordica's non-LO8xxx Polish routes.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by marcoos
That might not work for Nordica crews based in Vilnius made of Lithuanians and Lithuanian Poles, who operate on some of LOT/Nordica's non-LO8xxx Polish routes.
Of course! The nationality of the crew cant be guaranteed. Even for the flights TLL-WAW-TLL! I think now theyre using some non-Estonian crew on flights out of Tallinn. Sorry for my clumsy organisation That was in response to the comment about the crew being friendly yet professional on a true Nordica flight.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by danaraujo
Also, it's my first time ever, in more than 300 flights in 30 or 40 airlines, that I didn't get miles credited automatically to the FF plan of my choice.
LOT knows that most passengers are not paying attention, or if they are, that they may eventually get tired and let it go. Shame!
What makes you think it's LOT not paying up?

Maybe the next government will change the CEO if its a new one!
Aside from the shrinking chances of next government, why would they?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:16 pm

It depends who gets into power and whether they make things difficult for the current CEO.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:52 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Also, it's my first time ever, in more than 300 flights in 30 or 40 airlines, that I didn't get miles credited automatically to the FF plan of my choice. LOT knows that most passengers are not paying attention, or if they are, that they may eventually get tired and let it go. Shame!
I do not think you are right. My LO flights are always credited to my TK FF within 24 hours - faster than TK's own flights Maybe it is UA/MP issue?

BTW... Happy New Year - my last post this year as it is 6.53 pm and it is time to dress up and join the party
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:14 pm

Thank you for your help. I requested my miles from the United Mileage Plus site. I had to fill a request for each of the 6 segments, but the reply came instantly, telling me that the miles for the segment had been credited to my account.
I just want to add (as if it were necessary), that LOT is going downhill precipitously
I agree with the others - why do you think its LOTs fault and not UA?
BTW I have good experience with LOT and also with UA.
But sometimes things can go wrong with either of them ... and so in any case, I wouldnt make an assessment about an airline on a basis of a single bad experience, especially when its unclear whose fault is that.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:45 pm

If we are sharing anecdotes, the miles from my recent LO flight posted to UAMP within two days. IMO there is no need to go into conspiracy theories or accusations for a one-off incident.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by Agneisse
If we are sharing anecdotes, the miles from my recent LO flight posted to UAMP within two days. IMO there is no need to go into conspiracy theories or accusations for a one-off incident.
Its happened to me where a LO flight took a few months to be credited. (Although not with UAMP.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.