Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:40 pm

FT's obsession with what people do with their bag tags is truly one of the most puzzling aspect of this place (and it's not like FT is lacking in weird things about it!).
TPJ, GBM.flights, piotrger and 3 others like this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 1:38 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by hugolover
Not a LOT matter, but hilarious all the same as he is in KTW next week for "climate change" talks...yawn.

Imagine how much of a LOSER you must be to put a BA Gold tag on your suit carrier? I mean..its loser to the extreme. I would have loved to pull him up on it.

That loser is the Secretary General of NATO. "Oh yes Sir, put your BA Gold tag on your suit so BArbara knows how premium you are when you enter her legacy cabins".

So embarrassing. I am embarrassed for him.
He needs to distinguish that "Paradores - Cordoba" Garment bag, too many pax using that
IIRC he used to have his TP Gold Card on his carry on, when he was the High Commissioner at UNHCR, I used to see him frequently in the GVA Gold/SEN lounge.
In his defense he is probably one of the most unassuming politician/diplomat you'll ever find and seems to be trying on climate change .
hugolover likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by klausa
FT's obsession with what people do with their bag tags is truly one of the most puzzling aspect of this place
+1 and <clapping hands emoticon>

G
Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:51 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
The guy with the suit carrier is definitely NOT Jens Stoltenberg, sec-gen of NATO.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by marcoos
The guy with the suit carrier is definitely NOT Jens Stoltenberg, sec-gen of NATO.
I know! I was throthing too much. It’s the left wing UN sec-gen (explains the tags).
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Superb offer I have received from LOT.

PLEASE don't all rush at once. You'll crash the site.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
You know that most members of the human race have less mathematical ability than monkeys, and they count on this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:42 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by hugolover
Superb offer I have received from LOT.

PLEASE don't all rush at once. You'll crash the site.
we should all write in to say we'll take the reverse offer. 60k miles for 700PLN.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K & Marriott Titanium
Understanding LOT fare class codes

i hope this is the appropriate thread. can anyone explain LOT fare classes?

flying them for the first time, on LOT stock 080.

Ana and UA sites (sorry, not allowed to post links here yet) refer to LOT fare classes by common single-character codes but my LOT ticket includes a 6-character fare code e.g. LTXWAN.

how do these map? i understand that it is an economy, or discount economy, ticket but trying to understand if i will received any UA miles and if so, how many.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by heikki
i hope this is the appropriate thread. can anyone explain LOT fare classes?

flying them for the first time, on LOT stock 080.

Ana and UA sites (sorry, not allowed to post links here yet) refer to LOT fare classes by common single-character codes but my LOT ticket includes a 6-character fare code e.g. LTXWAN.

how do these map? i understand that it is an economy, or discount economy, ticket but trying to understand if i will received any UA miles and if so, how many.
The first letter of the fare basis (quoting your own example: L) is the booking class you're looking for in order to establish the number of [UA or any other program for that purpose] miles you will be getting.

G
Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K & Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
The first letter of the fare basis (quoting your own example: L) is the booking class you're looking for in order to establish the number of [UA or any other program for that purpose] miles you will be getting.

G
thanks!
Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Concerto
You know that most members of the human race have less mathematical ability than monkeys, and they count on this.
Very true. LOT have never been good at using the marketing resources they have anyway.

I booked KRK-VIE which is operated by Laudamotion for Ryanair, so a 321. Fare was as low as 12zl but I paid 34zl. Includes the 10kg bag by default due to the operator. Ryanair are also doing KTW-MXP.

I'm loving the competitive market in Poland right now. Compare those fares to OS with their crappy Dash and their rubbish lounge in VIE.

My FR tolerance is very low, in other words, I'll give them as few beans as possible. Very rarely does a FR ticket I would buy cover even the (UK) APD. Essentially I love FR because they force everybody else to be cheap.

Walking around the Rynek in Krakow the other day, hearing many regional accents, it really occurred to me how much Poland owes Ryanair for boosting its tourism. Sure, it helps there's no terrorism too .
TPJ and AlicorporateUK like this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:48 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
[OT] Why document control on arrival from ZRH?

Is there anything going on? I think last time they had these controls during the NATO summit (2016?).

Arrived from ZRH this morning. Most passengers were not prepared to show documents so the process was very slow.

PS. I was on a LX flight
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPJ
Is there anything going on? I think last time they had these controls during the NATO summit (2016?).

Arrived from ZRH this morning. Most passengers were not prepared to show documents so the process was very slow.

PS. I was on a LX flight
Due to World Climate Summit held in Katowice please be informed that border control will be restored in Poland from 22.11.2018 till 16.12.2018

G
hugolover likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Maybe because of the summit in KTW?

My sister and her boyfriend were severely impacted by this. He either lost his wallet between the gate in EIN and getting off in KTW or it was stolen from the airplane, and subsequently they were detained for 3+ hours. In normal circumstances in Schengen this should be a non-issue...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.