Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:21 am
Original Poster

They will, Concerto — personal experience on a number of occasions plus feedbacks from a couple of friends who had asked for advice in pretty much similar circumstances. Of course you still have the option of writing a good-old letter and post it to their address in Warsaw with warm regards from sunny Switzerland but...

G
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N1003U
One data point: My wife and I both filed (separate) claims via this link about 6 weeks ago (we were on separate tickets), and after a confirmation of receipt of our claim, we have had precisely zero response. It is probably time to pursue via another channel.
The average response/action time is roughly 3 months I’m afraid (and it got much longer than that over summer but I think we all know about the operational fiasco...).

G
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK

The average response/action time is roughly 3 months I’m afraid (and it got much longer than that over summer but I think we all know about the operational fiasco...).

G
So, are you recommending to wait a bit longer before going 3rd party? Can I expect LO to respond at some point?
Thanks.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I suspect 3 months is a fair deadline to wait for a turnaround with such a thing. For us more experienced flyers, anyway. My friend, who already wrote to them, was surprised and disappointed to not receive a fairly prompt reply! I expect it will have to be done, if it gets done at all, through a 3rd party (EU Claim, maybe?) with them taking the usual 25% cut.

The last time I went after EU261 was for a germanwings flight BSL-DUS, which got cancelled. They put us in a hotel for the night. I recall contacting 4U through the website. I never got a reply and I didn’t have the heart to badger them about it, because it was not so long after the crash they had. I can’t decide in my head if doing the airlines “favours” like that is the way to go, but it did feel right in that case.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N1003U
So, are you recommending to wait a bit longer before going 3rd party? Can I expect LO to respond at some point?
Most certainly on both fronts, I would give it at least another 4 weeks before chasing things up. Frustrating, I know, but industry standard I'm afraid (the only airline which has so far impressed me is SAS – always incredibly quick i.e. I've never waited for more than 10 days and without too much fuss on most occasions).

G
N1003U likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: Northwest
LOT Upgrade Bidding?

Wondering if anyone can offer feedback on the LOT upgrade bidding. Is it user friendly and possibly some suggested bid amounts?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:18 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
The other week, I flew WAW-SIN-WAW

Lounge in WAW

My first time ever in WAW non-Schengen lounge. OMG – it is stunning, but small. But really design is great – a lot of wood, comfortable seats, good food. Drink-wise – no champagne (only prosecco). For champagne you need to go to Schengen Elite lounge (long haul J-class passengers have access). But it is very small – I can believe in the reports that during the TATL peak (before 5 pm) it is standing room only.

Lounge in SIN

I was given an invitation to SATS lounge and as a good Flyertalker I went there. Crowded with fairy average food.I then left for SKL Lounge. Food was great, Piper-Heidsieck champagne free flowing. But the place was as dark as always (how that can have so dark design in a windowless lounge is beyond me).

Hard product

2-2-2 Config with fully flat seats. No mattresses provided. Duvet was nice. IFE has improved – there was a reasonably number of movies.

Soft product

Absolutely great. Do&Co food – great quality, great quantity. Dessert cart was spectacular. Overall food much better than OS, slightly below TK. Really nice F/A’s.

Overall good flights.
hugolover, N1003U and Fabo.sk like this.

Last edited by TPJ; Mar 20, 2019 at 7:35 am
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:21 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Is anybody here able to say if flying LO on two separate tickets via WAW means having to check bag in again? I was told by the Call Centre that each time the bag has to be checked in.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iLied
Is anybody here able to say if flying LO on two separate tickets via WAW means having to check bag in again? I was told by the Call Centre that each time the bag has to be checked in.
Speak to the check-in agent, they are normally quite accommodating when it comes to linking 2 bookings for such purposes, especially if your itinerary originates from an outstation within Poland.

G
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:22 am

It’s worked for me before when flying with Nordica and LOT hadnt signed off on a fare agreement meaning I had to fly on separate tickets (which one nice LO call centre agent said could mean they would reimburse any extra costs because it’s not my fault that I needed to travel on separate tickets).

Did it work for you recently when you flew from GDN? Does it work from out stations outside Poland s well?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iLied
Did it work for you recently when you flew from GDN? Does it work from out stations outside Poland s well?
I was travelling HBO last time I flew from GDN (a lucky escape, given how it did all pan out at the end) however, when I was Warsaw-based and was spending most weekends in Gdańsk, I used to book separate tickets on a regular basis as the company I work for would only (needless to say) book me from WAW I never encountered any issues when speaking to the check-in agents (a number of times, funnily enough, I didn't even have to ask as they would simply recognise me, same with the peeps at the SAS desk ).

G
Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I was travelling HBO last time I flew from GDN (a lucky escape, given how it did all pan out at the end) however, when I was Warsaw-based and was spending most weekends in Gdańsk, I used to book separate tickets on a regular basis as the company I work for would only (needless to say) book me from WAW I never encountered any issues when speaking to the check-in agents (a number of times, funnily enough, I didn't even have to ask as they would simply recognise me, same with the peeps at the SAS desk ).

G
If you fly often enough from a small airport, it happens.
When I worked at KSC, some of our frequent fliers were known to check in by telephone, by calling the airport that they were actually going to come before departure, even if after checkin close.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
When I worked at KSC, some of our frequent fliers were known to check in by telephone, by calling the airport that they were actually going to come before departure, even if after checkin close
Priceless

G
Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Priceless

G
IIRC once we even called the passenger.

To be fair, these were the people who were reliably flying off Monday morning 40 weeks a year.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:25 am

G
That’s fortunate! I forgot it was a tight connection in WAW. Fair enough! Always nice when the staff recognise you. I’ve had this a few times at my local airport and with airlines as well A nice friendly touch! Understandable that they would only book you from WAW, although couldn’t they have offered something where you contributed for the extra segments? I know some do that if you have a work trip but tag on a personal trip at the same time. You have to pay for what wasn’t company business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.