Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2018, 3:40 am

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
Originally Posted by TPJ
Until B767's were added to the fleet (in 1999? after yet another IL6 crash in 1997: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LOT_Po...es_Flight_5055), LO was Coach/Economy-only experience.

You can actually buy these posters. A work colleague recently purchased one (not sure where, but can ask).
The crash was in 1987, and the first B767 was introduced in 1989.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by marcoos
There are multiple unions, the ones on strike are OPZZ-affiliated. The one affiliated to the so-called "Solidarity" is not on strike.

"Independent B2B partners" cannot strike, some of them support the protest after hours.
Milky, who's a clever boy then? So as time passes, the numbers with the right to strike get fewer and fewer, which cements the grip management has on the firm, undermines crew with the right to strike and all in exchange for mostly younger crew who get to visit the US in exchange for doling out some bevvies from a Cart.

Apart from my rhetoric, I thought the issue was that they agreed to move to those B2B as part of the perestroika after the failed privatisation? So they were able to keep the Union rights? Or do you mean the B2B are basically the new recruits, basically the younger crew. Put it this way, if I say a young Ukrainian girl as LOT crew its 99% that she is on a B2B contract?
Old Oct 28, 2018, 9:15 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by krzysz
The crash was in 1987, and the first B767 was introduced in 1989.
Ahhh - mixed up dates - my bad, now corrected in my post
Old Oct 28, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Younger crews are mostly either B2B or have other „junk contracts” with a LOT subsidiary (there’s one subsidiary for pilots and another one for cabin crew). Anyone transferred from the bankrupt Eurolot (Q400 crews, a few E170 crews) is on this kind of contract, as are most or all people hired in the recent years.

I thought the issue was that they agreed to move to those B2B as part of the perestroika after the failed privatisation? So they were able to keep the Union rights?
The properly employed and unionized crews temporarily agreed to lower wages and some inconvenient rules back when the company was almost bankrupt in 2012/2013, with the understanding that if situation improves, the temporary measures will cease, Now they hear their CEO boasting in government media about how successful LOT now is, with the Nordica thing and the minihub in Budapest being presented as greatest successes ever, so, naturally they want the company to keep to its word from 6 years ago.
hugolover, N1003U and megaloman like this.

Last edited by marcoos; Oct 28, 2018 at 5:47 pm
Old Oct 29, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by marcoos
Younger crews are mostly either B2B or have other „junk contracts” with a LOT subsidiary (there’s one subsidiary for pilots and another one for cabin crew). Anyone transferred from the bankrupt Eurolot (Q400 crews, a few E170 crews) is on this kind of contract, as are most or all people hired in the recent years.

The properly employed and unionized crews temporarily agreed to lower wages and some inconvenient rules back when the company was almost bankrupt in 2012/2013, with the understanding that if situation improves, the temporary measures will cease, Now they hear their CEO boasting in government media about how successful LOT now is, with the Nordica thing and the minihub in Budapest being presented as greatest successes ever, so, naturally they want the company to keep to its word from 6 years ago.
For some reason this story sounds very familiar...did LO learn this money "saving" labor negotiation tactic from another Central European *A Group or other large airline, or did they develop it on their own?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Got a friend who had a ticket to fly LOT from Yerevan to Geneva (via WAW of course) recently. Apparently the Yerevan flights are often, if not always, late. In this case it really was very late and she missed the connection to GVA in WAW and LOT were really unhelpful, apparently. She managed to persuade them to put her on the ZRH flight with SWISS, from where she took the train down to Geneva. But the rehearsal was missed because she arrived in Geneva many hours after the scheduled time. I think she is due compensation. Any idea how to go about this, because I expect LOT will be totally unresponsive? This is a total first for me (I rarely use LOT) so I hope to learn something from it.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Concerto
Apparently the Yerevan most flights are often, if not always, late
Post corrected, you're very welcome ().

Concerning compensation, this can be done directly on-line via the following link under Passenger feedback (response times vary but an average of 3 months based on my own experience is what your friend should be expecting).

G
Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:09 am

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
Think the rear section of the LOT IL18 was a so-called First class. However I occasionally managed to charm my way in there with my bad Polish.
Then there were the AN-24 internal flights, departing from what I remember as a glorified shed at Okęcie.
Don't remember the configuration of the IL-62. It was a long time ago....
Old Oct 31, 2018, 4:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
There is a nice write up on the IL62 here: https://samchui.com/2018/08/10/herit...haul-jetliner/
N1003U likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
Interesting article.
Many thanks for the link
Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:55 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
BTW... as of 2.30 am this morning the strike is over. Agreement is signed.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Post corrected, you're very welcome ().

Concerning compensation, this can be done directly on-line via the following link under Passenger feedback (response times vary but an average of 3 months based on my own experience is what your friend should be expecting).

G
Ali, I meant to post earlier, but I’ve been on the road (literally) in Russia. Your link above doesn’t lead anywhere except to a 404 error.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Ali, I meant to post earlier, but I’ve been on the road (literally) in Russia. Your link above doesn’t lead anywhere except to a 404 error.

You may want to double check as it could just be a captcha test (this is at least what I'm seeing when clicking on the link I had previously posted). If you still struggle, you may want to copy & paste the below link onto your browser's address bar:

https://www.lot.com/gb/en/issues

G
N1003U likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Ali, it appears to work now. Do you really think they will respond to a EU261 compensation claim via this route?
N1003U likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
You may want to double check as it could just be a captcha test (this is at least what I'm seeing when clicking on the link I had previously posted). If you still struggle, you may want to copy & paste the below link onto your browser's address bar:

https://www.lot.com/gb/en/issues

G
Thanks Ali, it appears to work now. Do you really think they will respond to a EU261 compensation claim via this route?
One data point: My wife and I both filed (separate) claims via this link about 6 weeks ago (we were on separate tickets), and after a confirmation of receipt of our claim, we have had precisely zero response. It is probably time to pursue via another channel.
AlicorporateUK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.