Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by hugolover
What's so great about the MAX?!

I'm flying from WAW on the Thursday afternoon (12 JUL), so if anyone is around then, happy to meet up in the lounges.
I am, but I think we already messaged about that.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by hugolover
What's so great about the MAX?!

I'm flying from WAW on the Thursday afternoon (12 JUL), so if anyone is around then, happy to meet up in the lounges.
Possibly nothing if you're comparing it to a plain 738 and you realise that airlines have densified the seating configuration, to make it seem more like a 737 MIN to pax.

But this is a route that's normally served by the DH4 workhorse ("we need to tag your bag, as it's too big to fit!"). Not quite like getting the Dreamliner for TLL or BUD, but I'll take it for now
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by N1003U
Are there any other LH refugees here who travel on LO ex-DE (especially FRA, but anywhere really) to avoid exorbitant LH pricing to long-haul destinations (also served by LO)?

I am currently working on a project that has me traveling FRA/ORD every month or two, and despite the drawbacks of making a transfer in WAW, the price differential vs. LH nonstop has gotten too large to ignore (LO is sometimes 40% or 50% less expensive). LO seems to offer particularly attractive pricing ex-DE in business and premium economy classes.

Example: my next trip I am traveling FRA/ORD return in LO Premium Economy on a US$900 LO fare, vs. 1600€ offered by LH for the same dates and similar departure times with LH. In business class, the fare difference can be even larger (US$2600 vs. 4000€). For those kinds of savings (and more generous pours of vodka on-board), I will suffer the extra travel time and even the Schengen border crossing in WAW . I find also that the Polonez pleasure temple is not the worst place in the world to spend a couple hours waiting for LO 003 to spool up. The Bolero lounge? Not so great, but it is at least convenient to the Duty Free before boarding.
I do this fairly frequently, but always check fares first as you never know. I actually like LO J and almost always have the seat next to me empty.

I'm flying ORD/FRA in October, and for my dates UA/LH wanted over 10K for J, and LO ORD-KRK-FRA-WAW-ORD was $2,800. The KRK flight gives me an early evening ORD departure adn 2pm arrival at FRA. Much better than the 11pm WAW flight. The only complaint I have is that the lounge used in ORD reminds me of a funeral home. The SAS lounge is slightly better, but not by much.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yurtripper
G, I think I should be on the same flight as you (3837 - the MAX flight). I have seat 2D bagged already.
FYI - We are indeed [on the same flight] - and I feel already sorry for the fellow passenger who will end up sitting on 2E and will have to bear with your-good-self & G (2F) chatting for the entire flight (unless my *G will trigger the blocked seat, as I understand you will be using FTL for this trip ). That said, fingers crossed for my connection - I am booked on the first morning flight to Vienna out of Sarajevo connecting to LO224 (30 minutes' layover, but the first morning flight is usually on-time during summer), meaning that I should be in the lounge just before 11AM

G
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
FYI - We are indeed [on the same flight] - and I feel already sorry for the fellow passenger who will end up sitting on 2E and will have to bear with your-good-self & G (2F) chatting for the entire flight (unless my *G will trigger the blocked seat, as I understand you will be using FTL for this trip ). That said, fingers crossed for my connection - I am booked on the first morning flight to Vienna out of Sarajevo connecting to LO224 (30 minutes' layover, but the first morning flight is usually on-time during summer), meaning that I should be in the lounge just before 11AM

G
But I thought you were coming with +1 or +2, so where are they sitting? Or have you exiled them to the back?

I think you'll make it. The reliability vs time-of-day is almost a perfect linear decay. And if push comes to shove, I'll tell the gate agents that we're awaiting a VVIP!
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Or have you exiled them to the back?
The other half will be in Gdańsk from the Friday (visiting family... and cat), she'll join us in Garnizon; the +2 is slightly put off by the via Vienna/Warsaw thingy (she thought she would have only had to bear with 1 stop, not really a FTer, is she ) and hating the idea of having to do exactly the same thing the following day, but I think I'll be able to convince her (bottle of rakija this coming Friday should do)

And if push comes to shove, I'll tell the gate agents that we're awaiting a VVIP!
Fingers crossed, I would hate to miss the welcome drink/preludium at the Polonez

P.S.: whilst I never really bother to update the lounge meetings' thread (as odd as it sounds and because of the boring weekly routine with basically the same flights every bloomin' week, I tend to go to the airport last-minute-dot-com and often not even bother with the lounge), I will however be making a same-day-return trip to London this coming Thursday (first morning flight to LHR, back on LO280 at 6:10PM and with plenty of time to spare at one of the LHR T2's lounges from 2:45ish, possibly even earlier as I will only have one meeting in London) and I will then head to Sarajevo via Zagreb the following day (Friday 29th, LO613 at 4:50PM then long layover in ZAG) so, if anyone is around (at either LHR, WAW or even ZAG), I'd be more than happy to meet-up/guest

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Jun 26, 2018 at 1:05 pm Reason: post-scriptum.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:09 pm

It's over 1000PLN - Peak Season pricing. So I think I can find cheaper mattress runs!
Not sure how Marriott nights work out for your qualification, but the Courtyard in Gdynia shows 371 PLN for the night. Would be even better if we met up @Browar Port, but it's still a nice place to recover after ;-).

Originally Posted by milepig
The only complaint I have is that the lounge used in ORD reminds me of a funeral home. The SAS lounge is slightly better, but not by much.
Try the Polaris lounge if you can get through security. There's a shuttle to the international terminal untill 8PM
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lack
Not sure how Marriott nights work out for your qualification, but the Courtyard in Gdynia shows 371 PLN for the night. Would be even better if we met up @Browar Port, but it's still a nice place to recover after ;-).

Try the Polaris lounge if you can get through security. There's a shuttle to the international terminal untill 8PM
Sadly, not from T1. The shuttle only runs from T2 and T3.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by milepig
Sadly, not from T1. The shuttle only runs from T2 and T3.
I know it's a bit of trek, but the T1-2-3 are connected airside so it's entirely possible to do it (verified myself).
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know it's a bit of trek, but the T1-2-3 are connected airside so it's entirely possible to do it (verified myself).
I know, but with a 5:30pm Sunday departure, the desire to spend part of the day at home, the general messiness of LO ground operations at ORD, the hike all the way to Concourse C followed by a shlep to T5 just doesn't seem worth it in this case. I'm in Polaris from time to time anyway, so it isn't like a once in a lifetime event.

A little research turns up that LO also gives access to the Air France/KLM lounge, so that makes 4 T5 options - Swissport, Swiss, SAS (recently renovated) and Air France/KLM. Maybe I'll do a little lounge hopping.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:44 pm

the +2 is slightly put off by the via Vienna/Warsaw thingy (she thought she would have only had to bear with 1 stop, not really a FTer, is she ) and hating the idea of having to do exactly the same thing the following day, but I think I'll be able to convince her (bottle of rakija this coming Friday should do)
I'll show her my itinerary, she'll understand very fast she got off light.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Not sure how Marriott nights work out for your qualification, but the Courtyard in Gdynia shows 371 PLN for the night
Bargain - and that's a truly nice property with outstanding staff. Amazing when you think that the Novotel down Jelitkowo (Marina, incidentally that's where LOT crews normally stay at) has more-or-less the same rates on average (if not more expensive, I've just double checked the weekend in question) and that's a decrepit property in urgent need of revamping.

G
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I'll show her my itinerary, she'll understand very fast she got off light.
Judging from the lounge meetings' thread, you have indeed quite an odyssey ahead and that's probably an understatement

G
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:53 pm

Judging from the lounge meetings' thread, you have indeed quite an odyssey ahead and that's probably an understatement

G
It's 11 legs on M&M airlines in 5 days, and I haven't even gotten in as much as I'd have liked (GDN-WAW on Saturday evening would have been nice. As it is, I'll have to give Polskie Koleje Panstwowe a try.)
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
As it is, I'll have to give Polskie Koleje Panstwowe a try.)
The so-called TLK train (no EIP/EIC running at night as it seems) Blimey, I've just checked and it only takes just less than 4 hours, not bad at all (I remember it used to take much longer than that as the train stopped literally everywhere). Will you head straight to WAW and to the lounge once you get off the train at Zachodnia in the morning?

P.S.: if we stay around Garnizon, I'll make sure to take you to the nearest train station, which is Wrzeszcz and it's just around the corner (your train will definitely stop there as well).

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.