Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2022, 1:30 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by TPJ

- there was no inflation in Poland in 2016 (actually Poland had a period of deflation)

So all these earnings were definitely not 'eaten' by inflation...
it was a sarcastic joke by the way , in order to "justify" such bonuses and salaries

While i wont try to contest the data you find , i can say that inflation in poland is a real issue in general for many years and salaries are not following the trend . Best solution many people found is simply to change job every 3/4 years and ask for more as employers here are well known for not easily giving raises

Originally Posted by hugolover
Is it a coincidence there’s no champagne in Elite since Friday?
Maybe its in C level exec's offices now
hugolover likes this.

Last edited by fifty_two; Feb 15, 2022 at 6:07 am
Old Feb 15, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
LO 26 WAW-JFK, C Class

Mazurek Lounge

First course: Pate with pear mousse and wine jelly

Main course: Beef cheeks with horseradish sauce served with potato gratin and vegetables

Cheese selection

Before landing: Smoked trout served with arugula and olives. Zucchini roll stuffed with blue cheese served with balsamic sauce. Fruit salad.
​​​​​
gioannis13 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
LO 16 EWR-WAW, C Class

First course: Roasted duck with vegetables and master dressing .

Braised beef with vegetables and roasted potatoes.

Cheese and fruit selection.

Before landing: prosciutto with manchego cheese and grilled zucchini. Fresh fruit salad. Greek yoghurt with granola.
hugolover and gioannis13 like this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And what did you think?
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Those are roasted potatoes? They look like they have been charcoaled.
Otherwise, it looks not too bad.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 6:10 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Adirondack potatoes? I don't think I've ever tried them, though I've seen them.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They’ve switched the champagne in Elite, it’s now L’Éloquente, Jean de la Fontaine

Its okay, I’d say it’s one of those catering brands you don’t see in the consumer sector

Its not crap and not as bad as box ticking NF, so that’s good.

€20 in France…
oskiboski likes this.

Last edited by hugolover; Feb 17, 2022 at 6:10 am
Old Feb 17, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: Cattle Class
Question Current LOT rebooking rules

Apologies for not related question. LO rebooking rules. Is it possible... I have voucher from last year where I had to cancel my ticket. So now looking to use it however fares are much higher than my original ticket was. Can I book new ticket now and if lower fares are released later rebook my flights keeping the same route/dates and receive a refund for a fare difference? FAQ does not mention refunds, only additional payments in case same fare is not available.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They’ve switched the champagne in Elite, it’s now L’Éloquente, Jean de la Fontaine

Its okay, I’d say it’s one of those catering brands you don’t see in the consumer sector

Its not crap and not as bad as box ticking NF, so that’s good.

€20 in France…
Anddddd it’s already finished

Basia reminds me of those people who think paying for leccy on a pre-payment meter cos they think it saves them money because they control costs but it just costs them more in the long term 😂
Old Feb 18, 2022, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Awtas
Apologies for not related question. LO rebooking rules. Is it possible... I have voucher from last year where I had to cancel my ticket. So now looking to use it however fares are much higher than my original ticket was. Can I book new ticket now and if lower fares are released later rebook my flights keeping the same route/dates and receive a refund for a fare difference? FAQ does not mention refunds, only additional payments in case same fare is not available.
Have I understood correctly? Your flights were not cancelled but your voucher was issued prior to 03JAN?

I think in that case you can get a refund of the voucher because it had different terms?

You’ll have to pay the prevailing fare.

If you choose not to travel and you notify LOT before 31MAR you can get a voucher, valid only for the named pax and valid one year from the date of issue.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 10:18 am

Have I understood correctly? Your flights were not cancelled but your voucher was issued prior to 03JAN?

I think in that case you can get a refund of the voucher because it had different terms?
It is messed up. End of January 2021 I booked two tickets for a travel in June 2021. In March 2021 some segments were cancelled by LOT so I called them and they re-booked on a different flights same dates/routes without additional payment. In June 2021 as travel restrictions were still in place I cancelled tickets and received vouchers that are valid for two years.
Now looking to book new tickets for June 2022 however cost per pax is much higher and trying to understand if I to book it now and fare goes down whether I would be able to re-book and get the fare difference back.
Reading on lot.com I am honestly getting lost there. I am assuming if I to book a new ticket using my voucher, new rules (based on the new ticket date) would apply.
from 'Flexible rebooking options' (original bolding)
'The procedure applies to tickets purchased after September 10, 2020 until March 31, 2022.
Thanks to the procedure, you can change the date or (and) route many times for free under the same tariff (even in the Saver tariff) within one year from the date of purchase of the ticket.'
Then...
' If you select a cruise date where the original tariff is not available, you will need to pay the difference between the old tariff and the new one'
however it does not ay anything about the new fare being lower. I hate myself for not requesting full refund after first cancellation and now I am stuck with vouchers.
Ideally if there is any way to get the refund of my vouchers I would prefer that route however when I asked LOT earlier(last year) I was told that it is not an option.

Last edited by Awtas; Feb 18, 2022 at 10:20 am Reason: formatting
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You elected to get a voucher in June 2021 on a voluntary basis, you no longer have a ticket or a reservation, you have a voucher (an EMD). Consider it just like LOT money.

You no longer have a right to rebook, and you need to pay any difference in the cost of the ticket. Forget all the rebooking rules and benefits.

Because you elected to get a voucher for operating flights (non-cancelled), you don't have the right of a refund:

voucher issued for a canceled flight is refundable in full unused amount. Passenger has the right to refund the voucher from the moment it is issued. After the expiry date, refund of the unused voucher will be made after the passenger confirms the contact details and the form of payment in which the refund should be made;
The voucher is valid for anyone, that is, any persons name, but the difference (if any) would be issued only under the pax's name on the reservation.

You could maybe sell the voucher at a discount to get your money, or just use it and book something new. Remember you have until June 2023 to book something.

The current voucher policy allows you to get a voucher for new reservations if you notify LOT on/before 31MAR (not travel date) that would be valid only for the named passenger and valid for one year. If the fare goes down before that date, you could ask for a new voucher and then rebook again and any difference would be issued as a new voucher valid for one year and only for the named passenger. Otherwise there is no way to take advantage of the fare going down.
Awtas likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
LS, LOTs perferred agent, really is a shambles

Last night, 3 people waiting at the belt for bags off the KRK - WAW flight. Somehow my bag got lost between the aircraft and the belt. OK fair enoght these things happen. A chat with the agent, a bit of digging around and I am asked to go back to the belt and my bag appears a few minutes later.

Around 15 people awaiting bags in GDN today from the WAW-GDN flight, 5 bags appear and 3 PAX quite happily pick them up and disappear. A few minutes later the belt stops. No information from LS (this is there norm, when flights are delayed I get more info from the LOT app than I every get from the LS agents at KRK, WAW or GDN). Approach their help desk, more bags will come, no idea when. Now this may have been weather related, what is disappointing is the complete lack of communication.

20 minutes later more bags appear. LS say thats all the bags, but 3 of us have not received our bags. While we are filling out reports the agent receives a message that they have found 4 bags they forgot to deliver. A few minutes later our bags rock up.

I really have no idea how you lose bags between the aircraft and the belt at GDN.
fifty_two likes this.

Last edited by scottishpoet; Mar 8, 2022 at 8:28 am
Old Feb 19, 2022, 8:25 am

The current voucher policy allows you to get a voucher for new reservations if you notify LOT on/before 31MAR (not travel date) that would be valid only for the named passenger and valid for one year. If the fare goes down before that date, you could ask for a new voucher and then rebook again and any difference would be issued as a new voucher valid for one year and only for the named passenger. Otherwise there is no way to take advantage of the fare going down.
Thanks for the details. appreciate it.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 6:56 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Anddddd it’s already finished

😂
Last Friday:

- 13.45 - champagne free flowing

- 15.20 - champagne gone, 2 kinds of (drinkable) Prosecco available, instead
hugolover and iLied like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.