Originally Posted by hugolover
Interesting. Has EI too?
What else is suspended?
EI ? They are at WAW only before Christmas and after
Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oskiboski
EI ? They are at WAW only before Christmas and after

I see, well I’m sure Basia will be rebooking all affected pax to other carriers per EC261 plus paying cancellation compensation if due, as well as deleting her illegal 30 day rule from her irregularity docs…

How dare a pax affected by this want to rebook their trip to the summer FOC. The rules are to serve pax, not LOT .
oskiboski likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
well thats a new one tonight, Dom flight from KRK arrives in WAW with abou 20 of us on board

We park up at 5/6. 3/4 was empty, there ws an aircraft sitting at 1/2

Stairs to the aircraft rather than a jetty I assume 5/6 was configured as non schengen departure..

Loaded onto a bus and driven to 1/2.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've seen this before. The arrivals procedure is a disgrace at those gates. They were never designed for arrivals whereas the dedicated arrival gates are step-free with an escalator and lift up to departures. Those gate lifts are only operated by staff and therefore blocked to pax.

It's shameful to see people struggling with prams, bags, small children and what not.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 6:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by hugolover
I've seen this before. .
I could have understood better if we got bussed to gat 31 or 45 or the schengen arrrivals by 33. Bussing us from 5 to1, we would have been quicker walking
Old Feb 8, 2022, 5:51 am

Programs: M&M
I'm flying L on WAW-MAD soon, on an Embraer 195. Is there any value in upgrading to business if I'm already FTL and will eat in the lounge before the flight? The bidding starts around 400zł.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 6:56 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by bertles86
I'm flying L on WAW-MAD soon, on an Embraer 195. Is there any value in upgrading to business if I'm already FTL and will eat in the lounge before the flight? The bidding starts around 400zł.
Cons:
Stay in Y:
- If you book a seat just behind the curtain you will most likely have decent legroom
- Similarly - if you book an emergency exit seat - you will have fantastic legroom. Caution: you need to babysat your reservation as last minute changes (especially between LOT and ex-Azul aircraft) happen. In this case row numbering is different and you will end you in a seat with terrible legroom. It happened to be once on a domestic flight.
- You will still get water and something small to eat on complimentary basis, BOB stuff is fairly cheap
- If you upgrade to C but end up on an ex-Azul aircraft, there is a very small galley upfront so you will have close interactions with F/A (which is fine) and 'galley FM' (i.e. F/A's talking loudly) which is not fine (unless you speak Polish and can be 'entertained' by these discussions)

Pros:
Upgrade:
- Food is generally good
- Service is generally good
- Legroom is fine

Choices, choices...
hugolover likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Plus more miles. If you can stuff your face with food and booze, it's a good deal.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 3:58 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
marginal utility of stuffing your face with food and booze is marginal if you come pre-stuffed from the lounge, even if this is a fairly long flight. I'm not sure I'd go for it for 400 PLN. That buys a lot of BOB.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 4:47 am
TPJ

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
marginal utility of stuffing your face with food and booze is marginal if you come pre-stuffed from the lounge, even if this is a fairly long flight. I'm not sure I'd go for it for 400 PLN. That buys a lot of BOB.
Actually looks like they increased the prices - wine is now PLN 18 - still PLN 400 will buy you 22 bottles of drinkable wine
bertles86 and JD3313 like this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, you get the higher miles as well, probably will end up in Z

You don't have to persuade me of the cons of fake European business class

MAD upgrade prices are set like the shortest routes, but it is one of the longest routes. 400 PLN is almost the same as say BUD or PRG, which start at 380 I seem to remember. If you wanna try lot C, it's one of the better routes.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 3:21 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Exclamation

Hello

just read the news that salaries for 2016-2018 top executives of basia has been released publicly

according to the news , although it is something LOT must have done without issues , they have been sued and after 3 years of court battles between LOT and watchdog polska organisation , which causes them to received court orders and huge fines (980 euros / 1100 us dollars) , they finally decided to do their job .

Basia's CEO apparently claimed it was his privacy right to not disclaim his earnings like every individual , however he forgot that the law mandates to do so
  1. https://www.fly4free.pl/ile-zarabia-...al-milczarski/
  2. https://www.rynek-lotniczy.pl/wiadom...lot-13694.html

Both articles in polish but you can use translator

in 2017 it seems they all received huge bonus , probably a way to thanks them for crazy earnings LOT had in 2016 (maybe i was living in another poland back then , which mean MCU 's concept of multiverse is true)

Basically their salaries increased year by year , i guess it was done to recover the losses due to crazy inflation in poland , and we can probably expect the same for 2019/2021 , when these data will be probably released in .... 2024

Last edited by fifty_two; Feb 15, 2022 at 7:30 am
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:41 am
TPJ

Originally Posted by fifty_two

Basically their salaries increased year by year , i guess it was done to recover the losses due to crazy inflation in poland
Based on this:

- there was no inflation in Poland in 2016 (actually Poland had a period of deflation): https://www.inflation.eu/en/inflatio...land-2016.aspx

- in 2017 inflation was 2.8%: https://www.inflation.eu/en/inflatio...land-2017.aspx

- in 2018 inflation was 2.23%: https://www.inflation.eu/en/inflatio...land-2019.aspx

So all these earnings were definitely not 'eaten' by inflation...
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes this came out last week and I have more to say on that in time.

Is it a coincidence there’s no champagne in Elite since Friday?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.