Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by milepig
I also can’t check the seat map. I just get a screen that says I already have seats assigned. Yes, I do. I want to check if something better has opened. Nada. Hopeless.
That's correct, even if you are able to choose your seat during booking (e.g. flying Business/Premium Economy or simply upon payment), the website will not let you swap it post-booking (i.e. through manage my booking). One of the worst airline websites ever without a doubt.

G
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:52 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Hi,

Managed to grab some flights too Moscow for the football this week and managed to find a good deal on Premium Economy (LHR-Warsaw-DME) in fare class R which was fully refundable / changeable.

I believe I get lounge access so any good recommendations for LHR T2 & Warsaw lounges? Also any little 'tips' to make the most out of the trip?

Lastly if I do want to change my return flight I can't seem to do this online, is phoning them the only way?

Last edited by Sprodo; Jul 9, 2018 at 4:17 am
Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sprodo
Hi,

Managed to grab some flights too Moscow for the football this week and managed to find a good deal on Premium Economy (LHR-Warsaw-DME) in fare class R which was fully refundable / changeable.

I believe I get lounge access so any good recommendations for LHR T2 & Warsaw lounges? Also any little 'tips' to make the most out of the trip?

Lastly if I do want to make my return flight I can't seem to do this online, is phoning them the only way?
Firstly, good luck with the football (whoever you will be supporting)

Concerning the above queries: I think you would only be able to access the Lufthansa lounge at Heathrow (T2A), bearing in mind that there is a fee for this though (same at Warsaw, Polonez lounge within Schengen only and access at a fee); lastly, you will have to call should you wish to make amendments to your ticket, the website will barely let you check-in and nothing else unfortunately (see also the above comments on the manage my bookings' section).

G
Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Firstly, good luck with the football (whoever you will be supporting)

Concerning the above queries: I think you would only be able to access the Lufthansa lounge at Heathrow (T2A), bearing in mind that there is a fee for this though (same at Warsaw, Polonez lounge within Schengen only and access at a fee); lastly, you will have to call should you wish to make amendments to your ticket, the website will barely let you check-in and nothing else unfortunately (see also the above comments on the manage my bookings' section).

G
Thanks for the quick response. How much is the charge in Warsaw?

Also is there a 24 hour ticketing line to make changes? I can see there is a 24 hour number on the website but it is unclear what this can / can't be used for
Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sprodo
Thanks for the quick response. How much is the charge in Warsaw?

Also is there a 24 hour ticketing line to make changes? I can see there is a 24 hour number on the website but it is unclear what this can / can't be used for
According to the LOT website, the fee is 120 PLN (roughly 25 quid, is it worth it? Possibly not as the lounge gets often overcrowded and, above all, it is located in the Schengen area, a few seconds away from border check, though). Regarding the 24-hour number, I am not sure but I would normally use this one: +442037888001.

G
Sprodo likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
For those attending the Gdańsk do, I will attempt to get in touch with Stary Maneż (https://starymanez.pl/browar-vrest) in order to book a table for Saturday (@yurtripper - I have just checked their website and they will be showing the match); the pub is located not far from the Wrzeszcz train station (roughty 10 minutes walk from Galeria Bałtycka) and within the Garnizon development but surely the locals will know the area better than I do. PM to follow during the forthcoming week.

P.S.: I've been there before and I'm sure you will all like it, beer garden also available (weather permitting).

G
Weather forecast at the moment doesn't look great.
BTW, I'm hoping that the 7M8 for those of us doing WAW-GDN (LO3837) will be LVD (the one with the special livery).
Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Bolero lounge is 130 pln (also accepts Priority Pass and other programmes) and is in non-schengen zone should you wish to avoid going through the immigration twice...
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Question is why bother to enter the passport/APIS data now? Checkin will do it in one swipe anyway? Last October on my way to YYZ I entered it all online, LH entered it during checkin in MUC and still had to get it update in WAW
My experience with LH check-in (at least at FRA) is that as long as I get a boarding pass, I have never needed to do anything else at WAW. My yellow LH BP seems to work just fine, even for US destinations (ORD).

IIRC, when I add my LO reservations to my LH profile, the passport data fills in automatically at check-in (one of the LH features that actually seems to actually work well).

Where I typically get into problems is when I try to board an LH flight with non-LH boarding pass stock. LH seems to not be particularly trustful of other airlines doing the doc check before allowing one to board one of their international flights. LH seems to like to do their own doc checks, which maybe makes sense since they are responsible for verifying travel documents when then transport someone internationally.

Last edited by N1003U; Jul 9, 2018 at 8:25 am
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LO reservations with no LH involvement don't 'load' onto LH's website anymore... it seems LO wanted my emergency contact details which LH had not collected. Maybe its a Canada requirement. I had the same issue with SAS ex Germany checkin in with LH.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yurtripper
Weather forecast at the moment doesn't look great
I wouldn’t mind a bit of rain and a temperature ranging between 15 & 20C, admittedly I’m not a fan of hot climates (just over 10C in Sarajevo first this morning, it was great ).

G
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by oliver2002
LO reservations with no LH involvement don't 'load' onto LH's website anymore... it seems LO wanted my emergency contact details which LH had not collected. Maybe its a Canada requirement. I had the same issue with SAS ex Germany checkin in with LH.
How recent is this enhancement (that LO reservations don't 'load' onto LH.com)? My last experience was mid-June (13./14.). Seemed to work fine then. Ticket was purchased late May.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:18 pm

I wouldn’t mind a bit of rain and a temperature ranging between 15 & 20C, admittedly I’m not a fan of hot climates (just over 10C in Sarajevo first this morning, it was great ).
Should have scheduled for today then! :-)
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:42 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by N1003U
How recent is this enhancement (that LO reservations don't 'load' onto LH.com)? My last experience was mid-June (13./14.). Seemed to work fine then. Ticket was purchased late May.
Since you start from FRA Lufthansa is involved and you get to see it via LH's Office ID.
N1003U likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by megaloman
Try to clear cache or try different browser. if it does not help, contact them through their facebook page, they'll update your passport deatils manually. LOT's website has a really flaky coding and breaks for no reasob randomly.
I'm surprised you got that far (the manage my bookings' section has been shambles for quite some time now). As per above suggestion, the Facebook team will sort that out for you.

G
Thanks! Not a huge fan of using social networks for customer service, but FB it is.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL

G
Looking forward to the respite, if it should be like this.

We've had pretty much a month of no rain, sunny, 25 degrees. In the Netherlands! A month straight!
Literally the last time it rained was June 2nd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.