The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Old Jul 18, 2020, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One of those damn ex-Azul E95 today. I realised that and quickly moved us to the Exit, because the front rows have absolutely no legroom whatsoever. Plus, you’re sitting in the galley which is really crap.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 1:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by hugolover

Short notice upgrade to a Jet is very possible at the moment for KRK. I was showing a DH8 tonight it’s now an E95.
so pretty much normal service has been resumed then!!

aircraft switches were always a pretty common occurrence on waw krk waw even pre lockdown
Old Aug 4, 2020, 7:30 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Some 20 pax on E195 WAW to KTW. Surprisingly good inflight service considering it's a 40 min domestic flight. Every pax gets a bottle of water, apple bun, pretzels and Grześki bar, plus disinfectant wipe. I think it's more than prior to Covid.
Water in the cup looks yellow because I dissolved vitamin C in it

I was also pleasantly surprised to get a personal welcome on board as a SEN from the Purser. I thought LOT didn't do it in economy (domestic LOT is only economy).
Old Aug 4, 2020, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It happens but its VERY rare and you were the only Gold. More likely when you've got 20 pax, Looks like you also got an Apfelschorle? There is Pepsi as well. With low loads the crew will tend to offer this stuff especially on the way back.
andywaw likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 7:40 am

The Purser guy was young and I think he was determined to be super nice. Nice touch. Such contrast to old Grażyna attendants.

Last edited by andywaw; Aug 4, 2020 at 8:00 am
Old Aug 4, 2020, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought at first it could have been sparkling plonk to act as disinfectant for your trip to KTW...
Old Aug 4, 2020, 7:47 am

With a trip to KTW nowadays you never know
Old Aug 6, 2020, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lubuski Gin in KRK lounge. They may as well put Spiritus if they want to get the pax pi$$ed for minimal cost.

I mean that’s pathetic, it’s not like Beefeater costs anything!
Old Aug 10, 2020, 4:14 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Lubuski Gin in KRK lounge.
'As SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus precaution, we now serve Lubuski Gin in our KRK lounges.

By serving non-drinkable booze, we would like to make make sure our passengers keep masks on their faces at all times and do not approach bar, thus maintaining social distancing.

We hope our passengers would appreciate this enhancement.

With kind regards,

KRK AIrport Authorities'

[just kidding... or maybe not]
Tsun likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suggest you forward a complaint if like me, you find that unacceptable. I noticed Gordon’s is only 10zł more in many supermarkets. There is no excuse.

Perhaps offering a 10zł note when registering at the lounge for a “gin upgrade” would be a passive aggressive way of sending a message?
Old Aug 11, 2020, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm there now. Lubuski is intentional cost-cutting and probably as a consequence of losing all of Helga's beans.

So...its Helga's fault!
Old Aug 12, 2020, 8:11 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador

So...its Helga's fault!
This is Poland - everything is Helga's fault now
blue2002, hugolover and megaloman like this.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

KRK lounge cost cutting

I was back again today. There’s been another change...

Table service is suspended: you order at the buffet and take it to your table yourself.

The menu has been revised and all brand names removed thereby eventually permitting Ukrainian brandy, Queen Margot whisky.

The portions have been further reduced, a chicken Caesar has around 20g of chicken on it. Three tiny wee pieces. The bacon is now shredded.

I am no F&B expert but I am in touch with those who are. Your fixed costs are barely reduced by such changes, there is no reason to do this. Unless they do that scam corporate accounting, just one loss of a 120 PLN paid guest (and they do exist! I saw a Dutch chap last Friday drinking his weight in Zywiec) would be a net loss.

I did provide polite feedback to the friendly and courteous staff. I was told I am not the only one to mention this. I’d point out that while there are plenty of pax who are genuinely premium (though no fake BA Premier please) I and many others have utilised the facility as soon as we could post-lockdown.

Let’s be clear. We are used to a higher standard in Poland something I am often pointing out to cynical Poles... BArb is still serving powdered eggs on her Concorde “Terrace“. But just because the standard is low with the European legacies and contract lounges doesn’t mean it should be in Poland too.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 12:13 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I had a morning flight cancelled and rescheduled for the evening. Looking at the options, it seems that if I rebook to an afternoon flight, I will get a 30% discount code. Seems too good to be true considering that I can save hundreds of Euros on a Premium Economy or Business fare to Asia or USA sometime next year (hopefully!) on the back of a 46 EUR ticket! Has anyone used this voucher? Are there any catches!?

Old Aug 13, 2020, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No restrictions; fare basis only as you seem to know.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.