Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
The so-called TLK train (no EIP/EIC running at night as it seems) Blimey, I've just checked and it only takes just less than 4 hours, not bad at all (I remember it used to take much longer than that as the train stopped literally everywhere). Will you head straight to WAW and to the lounge once you get off the train at Zachodnia in the morning?

P.S.: if we stay around Garnizon, I'll make sure to take you to the nearest train station, which is Wrzeszcz and it's just around the corner (your train will definitely stop there as well).

G
Yep, 4 hours is decent I think. As long as I can get some shuteye I should be fine, though I'll try to get a late check-out the next day. I'm also doing a mattress run in Poland at the same time for IHG Accelerate so I have the HIX near Okecie booked.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by milepig
A little research turns up that LO also gives access to the Air France/KLM lounge, so that makes 4 T5 options - Swissport, Swiss, SAS (recently renovated) and Air France/KLM. Maybe I'll do a little lounge hopping.
Oh, I though you referenced the AF/KLM lounge as the funeral home. It's definitely not worth spending the afternoon (I have not been to the Swissport and SAS lounges to compare).
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Lack
Oh, I though you referenced the AF/KLM lounge as the funeral home. It's definitely not worth spending the afternoon (I have not been to the Swissport and SAS lounges to compare).
I wasn't clear. It's the SwissPort lounge that reminds me of a funeral home. I've never had the opportunity to visit the Swiss lounge since it closes before the late evening round of departures AF/KLM I didn't even realize was an option until yesterday.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 3:16 am
Original Poster

What happened to SP-LVC? I’ve just seen it parked up here at Heathrow and it seems that the first morning flight to Warsaw has also been cancelled. I’m hoping there will be no significant knock-on effect as I’m due to fly back on the 18:10 service tonight.

G
Old Jun 28, 2018, 3:18 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Lack
Not sure how Marriott nights work out for your qualification, but the Courtyard in Gdynia shows 371 PLN for the night. Would be even better if we met up @Browar Port, but it's still a nice place to recover after ;-).

Try the Polaris lounge if you can get through security. There's a shuttle to the international terminal untill 8PM
Thanks. I know that property and it’s a very good option, but this year I plan to make Platinum by 25 stays at SPG (as I mentioned I only need a few more stays) and from next year it will require 50 nights at Marriott/SPG. Even though the schemes officially combine from Aug 1st you still have the option of qualifying for SPG Plat via stays at their own brands till Dec 31.

It would be hard to make 50 nights in the combined scheme for this year (another route to Plat) as my stays have been roughly split between Hilton and SPG, with a few nights in Marriott too.

In any case it’s part of my religion to visit Krakow at least once a year so having an excuse to visit is no hardship!

Last edited by yurtripper; Jun 28, 2018 at 9:03 am Reason: typo
Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Talking of the CY @ Gdynia, the new combined MR/SPG award chart has just been published.

As I expected, the SPG properties have got more expensive but the Gdynia CY has got 2,500 points cheaper (20,000 to 17,500), the same as for the CY @ WAW.

The new rates are here: https://points-redemption.marriott.com/category-change
There's a great dynamic search tool to make it easy to search on country, etc.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Is there any way on the LOT App/website that I can have them remember and use my LH M&M number every time I check in without having to manually re enter it.

I add it when I make the booking. Its there, the booking automatically appears on my LH app. When I come to check in for the outbound the LO app tells me there is no frequent flyer number, so I add it manually. Then when I check in for the return again I am told no frequent flyer number and manually add it again.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:38 am
Original Poster

I've never had any issues with the LOT app/website remembering my FF number(s) and indeed including M&M, only minor issue being with my SAS number when travelling LOT, I would need to add "EBD (and needless to say the actual number)" during booking otherwise status wouldn't show during check-in and later on the boarding pass.

G
hugolover and iLied like this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:01 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
I've never had any issues with the LOT app/website remembering my FF number(s) and indeed including M&M, only minor issue being with my SAS number when travelling LOT, I would need to add "EBD (and needless to say the actual number)" during booking otherwise status wouldn't show during check-in and later on the boarding pass.

G
I‘ve never had any issues either! Apart from once, it didn’t appear for all segments but check in was ok.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:59 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Trying to add passport data to my booking (made using American Express Travel) on LO website, and it keeps rejecting passport details with a strange error: "Date valid/Document expired". The expiration date I'm entering is Dec 20, 2027 - long before expiration:

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Thanks!
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:26 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by legalalien
Trying to add passport data to my booking (made using American Express Travel) on LO website, and it keeps rejecting passport details with a strange error: "Date valid/Document expired". The expiration date I'm entering is Dec 20, 2027 - long before expiration:

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Thanks!
Try to clear cache or try different browser. if it does not help, contact them through their facebook page, they'll update your passport deatils manually. LOT's website has a really flaky coding and breaks for no reasob randomly.
legalalien and N1003U like this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by legalalien

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Thanks!
I'm surprised you got that far (the manage my bookings' section has been shambles for quite some time now). As per above suggestion, the Facebook team will sort that out for you.

G
Old Jul 8, 2018, 4:57 am
Original Poster

GDN Mini-Do

For those attending the Gdańsk do, I will attempt to get in touch with Stary Maneż (https://starymanez.pl/browar-vrest) in order to book a table for Saturday (@yurtripper - I have just checked their website and they will be showing the match); the pub is located not far from the Wrzeszcz train station (roughty 10 minutes walk from Galeria Bałtycka) and within the Garnizon development but surely the locals will know the area better than I do. PM to follow during the forthcoming week.

P.S.: I've been there before and I'm sure you will all like it, beer garden also available (weather permitting).

G
tropikey and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I'm surprised you got that far (the manage my bookings' section has been shambles for quite some time now). As per above suggestion, the Facebook team will sort that out for you.

G
this. I can’t get past the first screen. I just want to enter my passport information but it seems impossible. I also can’t check the seat map. I just get a screen that says I already have seats assigned. Yes, I do. I want to check if something better has opened. Nada. Hopeless.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Question is why bother to enter the passport/APIS data now? Checkin will do it in one swipe anyway? Last October on my way to YYZ I entered it all online, LH entered it during checkin in MUC and still had to get it update in WAW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.