Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:58 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK

@TPJ, no excuses this time and all the others (i.e. those who were at the previous catch-up in Gdańsk but also megaloman, hugolover, N1003U, marcoos and indeed anyone who’s willing to join for a good laugh, all welcome).

G
No excuses this time... Will join...

Looking forward to meeting you again...
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton

@TPJ, no excuses this time and all the others (i.e. those who were at the previous catch-up in Gdańsk but also megaloman, hugolover, N1003U, marcoos and indeed anyone who’s willing to join for a good laugh, all welcome).

G
Thank you for the invitation. I was planning a return next week to that great N. American Polish outpost called Chicago, but I may be be able to delay a week (I haven't booked yet), or maybe not. Let us know when the date is fixed. If I can't make it this time, I will try to plan for the next time.

Though I am a Yankee with a German wife, I am descended from a long line of exploited Slavs (Burgenland Croats to be more precise), so I think my American optimism combined with a fair dose of Slavic fatalism/cynicism may fit well with company in this thread, especially after a few drinks...
Old Jun 28, 2019, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I will try my best to come. The OH has work that weekend and I tend to accompany her. I will seek approval from Comrade Chairman OH for my absence.

I’d probably fly up on Basia’s lovely Embraer for the sheets and giggles.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hugolover
The OH has work that weekend and I tend to accompany her.
Good boy, proper northern lad.

G
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With the death of Nicholas Feuillatte it seems LOT have decided to switch champagne. In the lounge today was Lallier NV. I had only half a glass as we had overindulged in the Europejski last night but it was good. Egg flan was awful. Tasteless! Waffles all soggy. Who had the bright idea to put waffles in a bain marie?

Up to 60% increase in the cost of drinks and food in the BOB catalogue. Instead of pricing it to sell and as a convenience to pax it’s very much now priced to make money.

A G&T will now set you back 22 PLN, before it was 17.

Vodka was 10, now 12. All other spirits 12 to 15. Soft drinks 5 to 8. That’s funny, as I remember when two cans of Pepsi were 5!

All food is up 20%. The hot meals are not Do&Co since the beginning of the year, they’re like a microwaveable meal. Rubbish.

Its really not the point that this is still cheaper than the likes of FR or EZY or the worlds most premium carrier, BArb. Polish pax expect to have to pay €10 for a sandwich and drink on O’Leary airways because it’s a LCC. LOT are very much not. And obviously BArb can charge whatever she wants because it’s a sheer privilege to sit in those seats.

It will be interesting to see if the Polak pax reel at the prices.
AlicorporateUK and N1003U like this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by hugolover
With the death of Nicholas Feuillatte it seems LOT have decided to switch champagne. In the lounge today was Lallier NV. I had only half a glass as we had overindulged in the Europejski last night but it was good. Egg flan was awful. Tasteless! Waffles all soggy. Who had the bright idea to put waffles in a bain marie?

Up to 60% increase in the cost of drinks and food in the BOB catalogue. Instead of pricing it to sell and as a convenience to pax it’s very much now priced to make money.

A G&T will now set you back 22 PLN, before it was 17.

Vodka was 10, now 12. All other spirits 12 to 15. Soft drinks 5 to 8. That’s funny, as I remember when two cans of Pepsi were 5!

All food is up 20%. The hot meals are not Do&Co since the beginning of the year, they’re like a microwaveable meal. Rubbish.

Its really not the point that this is still cheaper than the likes of FR or EZY or the worlds most premium carrier, BArb. Polish pax expect to have to pay €10 for a sandwich and drink on O’Leary airways because it’s a LCC. LOT are very much not. And obviously BArb can charge whatever she wants because it’s a sheer privilege to sit in those seats.

It will be interesting to see if the Polak pax reel at the prices.
I try to avoid BOB when I can. Last time I flew on LOT, they made the skybar free due to the delay to the flight. I did flick through though and thought the prices could be high but then again I don’t know the conversion rates from zł.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Very good point(s) there, hugolover. To me, just the thought that the word Heineken is printed on the BoB’s menu puts me off everything else. Now, I understand that LOT is not a charity sponsored by Radio Maria and that they must have some good [financial] reasons to stock that fizzy piss but, seriously, Poland is home to possibly the best breweries (alongside Germany, Belgium etc.) in Europe and I genuinely doubt it will cost them a fortune to have a decent beer on the menu —even on a monthly ‘rotation’— be Książęce, Browar Amber, Namysłów but even the more ‘mainstream’ Kasztelan (man, wasn’t it so much better back in the days and before Carlsberg started to take over nearly the whole sector in Poland...) or Żywiec Biały. Writing this as I’m just about to order yet another Hoegaarden here in a packed-to-the-brim’s beer garden in the glorious sunshine of the mighty Balkans.

G
yurtripper and iLied like this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Peeps,

In the next couple of weeks (exact date yet to-be-decided, but it will be a Saturday for sure and I’m thinking of July 13th) I will be flying from the Federation (of Bosnia & Herzegovina) to my beloved city of Warsaw in order to make an official visit to my friend & Royal Ambassador, @yurtripper. I therefore thought that, if anyone is willing to join, it would be a great chance for yet another Kafeteria’s catch-up. The visit will mostly focus on microbreweries and ‘local’ (as of non-mainstream) pubs around the city (both myself & yurtripper know quite a few of those so you will be in safe hands... or possibly not).

G
OK, I'm looking at an itinerary on 13.07.19, which would include LO384 and LO3. That would put me into WAW from FRA at (scheduled) 09:10, and I am assuming being back at WAW by 15:00 for a 16:40 departure is sufficient, so I am thinking I would have as a practical matter about 4.5 hours of drinking socializing time.

Does that itinerary fit with a plan for a Saturday meet-up? Or should I work on something with a Saturday overnight in WAW (which does not seem to be available for a cheap price at this moment)?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N1003U
OK, I'm looking at an itinerary on 13.07.19, which would include LO384 and LO3. That would put me into WAW from FRA at (scheduled) 09:10, and I am assuming being back at WAW by 15:00 for a 16:40 departure is sufficient, so I am thinking I would have as a practical matter about 4.5 hours of drinking socializing time.

Does that itinerary fit with a plan for a Saturday meet-up? Or should I work on something with a Saturday overnight in WAW (which does not seem to be available for a cheap price at this moment)?
Thanks and I will get in touch with you shortly

G
Old Jul 3, 2019, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Warsaw Meet-Up | 13/07/2019

Folks,

A bit of change of plan for those who may still be interested to join us for a 'few' drinks in Warsaw on Saturday 13th: because I have further travel scheduled once in Poland (and N1003U seems to be on the same boat, possibly hugolover as well ), we decided to go for a Polonez piss-up, starting from the early hours (I will be arriving either from Sarajevo via Vienna or, if at head office during the following week, I will probably get on the London City-Warsaw flight at 8 in the morning). If anyone is willing to join and happen not to have a ticket for same-day travel (), then we will be more than happy to head landside and choose a nearby bar/pub (I have plenty of ideas).

@hugolover - many thanks on behalf of our corporate travel agent for the help with the flights

G
hugolover, N1003U and fifty_two like this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Some time fence would be nice...? Tickets are ~250€ rt for a day trip on July 13 from MUC.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:17 am
Original Poster

You are absolutely correct, sorry: N1003U from 9ish (unless his FRA flight is late) whereas myself either from 11:30 (if coming from London/LCY) or 10:40 (if coming from Sarajevo via Vienna); hugolover told me last night that he was still looking at flights hence no time given as of yet Oh, and both myself & N1003U have onward travel just after 16:30.

G
N1003U likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Some time fence would be nice...? Tickets are ~250€ rt for a day trip on July 13 from MUC.
Not bad, you would have a nice morning flight with LOT and returning more-or-less at the same time when us leaving. If more people are willing to join and returning on the Sunday works much cheaper than that, then I can try to make it a night.

G
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
OK, so I can take the 7 am (horror) or 9:40 am flight (much better) and come back on the 17:15 flight. Let me check with the ShEO tonite.
hugolover and N1003U like this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Great news!

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.