Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2019, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Probably not. I’d imagine part of a connecting itin hence SEQ 1? I see this when it’s more than 36 hours for the second flight, but OLCI is open because the first flight is open.

Surprised you haven’t seen this before G

Later on it should open up more seats if you check again.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hugolover
Probably not. I’d imagine part of a connecting itin hence SEQ 1? I see this when it’s more than 36 hours for the second flight, but OLCI is open because the first flight is open.

Surprised you haven’t seen this before G

Later on it should open up more seats if you check again.

Ta and I honestly don't think I've seen that before, but that's probably because most of my trips don't get booked at such 'early stage' hence this truly feels like going on holiday and having the luxury of T36 check-in

On that note, I've double checked again (ExpertFlyer as well) and there are indeed a few seats available now (not many, though)

G
Old Jun 21, 2019, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Altea slowly releases the seats on the premium Dash for W&B and follows a system. Unless it’s forecast full, then it just doesn’t care too much.

You should be able to grab Row 1/2 at the T-36 period. Are those seats you mention free there?
Old Jun 21, 2019, 5:29 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by iLied
Why don’t they create a LOT Magyar subsidiary with an Hungarian AOC and develop BUD as a separate business there?
There were rumors about “Magyar LOT”, but no such thing has happened yet, except for registering the malot.hu domain. The current EU rules seem sufficient for what they’re doing in BUD now.
iLied likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 5:33 am
Original Poster

I've been messing up (CBA day at the office, I normally work from home on a Friday so I'm on 'work-to-rule' by mean of protest as we speak ) a little bit and swapped LH*S (I'm at 22 segments so I may as well get that done-&-dusted for another couple of years) for SK*G, which resulted in more [available] seats appearing (seat 1A was available 'through' FTL as well, though)

G
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've messed around with it a lot. Are you sure it's giving you more seats as FTL, I am unconvinced about it all. Try putting it back and see what happens because at this stage it might just be because it's opening up.

You can also add your SK*G to your EF and see if you see anything different.
AlicorporateUK and iLied like this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Sorry D, what I meant is that more seats show up 'through' SK*G (rather than LH*S, which I had added in the first instance) - apologies for not being clear there. That said, I didn't know you could add the FQTV on EF ( - I'm such a dabbler ).

G
iLied likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
LOT are now commercially responsible for all Tallinn flights operated by Nordica from 26th October. It was announced today: https://www.nordica.ee/en/about-the-...ating-flights/
Old Jun 22, 2019, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Altea slowly releases the seats on the premium Dash for W&B and follows a system. Unless it’s forecast full, then it just doesn’t care too much
Just for the records, my flight was half empty (virtually every passenger enjoyed the empty seat next to them)

G
hugolover and iLied like this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK

Just for the records, my flight was half empty (virtually every passenger enjoyed the empty seat next to them)

G
There we go then, aren't you happy Basia was being careful to make sure that little nose wheel wouldn't collapse (again)?
AlicorporateUK and yurtripper like this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 7:00 am
Original Poster

There we go then, aren't you happy Basia was being careful to make sure that little nose wheel wouldn't collapse (again)?
Indeed, very happy (also pleased that there was no need to go back to the gate due to issues with the ‘steering wheel’ or a ‘moving seat’ like in a couple of other instances ).

G
iLied likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
You (and indeed everyone else) are more than welcome to come up with suggestions, the title is not set in stone. Again, though, your post fails to address the main point here and namely: regardless of whether the word is commonly used/seen in Polish language/Poland, the initial purpose was merely to use something easy to pick/remember. Suggestions are always welcome, always bearing in mind that FlyerTalk is an English speaking 'platform' and that most users may not necessarily care how many times the word appears in touristy area of Warsaw, Zamość or Koszalin, as long as it is easy to read and makes some sort of sense for the wider audience

G
(my emph)

That almost reminds me of the three great English universities - Oxford, Cambridge and Hull.
Note to G: best not to let on to the 'uninitiated' that Koszalin is indeed the centre of the universe. I know that, because someone from Koszalin told me.
AlicorporateUK and iLied like this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador

G
Maybe that's because it was a 'premium Dash' that you were on?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Warszawa LOT Kafeteria’s Meet-Up

Peeps,

In the next couple of weeks (exact date yet to-be-decided, but it will be a Saturday for sure and I’m thinking of July 13th) I will be flying from the Federation (of Bosnia & Herzegovina) to my beloved city of Warsaw in order to make an official visit to my friend & Royal Ambassador, @yurtripper. I therefore thought that, if anyone is willing to join, it would be a great chance for yet another Kafeteria’s catch-up. The visit will mostly focus on microbreweries and ‘local’ (as of non-mainstream) pubs around the city (both myself & yurtripper know quite a few of those so you will be in safe hands... or possibly not).

@TPJ, no excuses this time and all the others (i.e. those who were at the previous catch-up in Gdańsk but also megaloman, hugolover, N1003U, marcoos and indeed anyone who’s willing to join for a good laugh, all welcome).

G
TPJ, N1003U, megaloman and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 3:11 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Peeps,

In the next couple of weeks (exact date yet to-be-decided, but it will be a Saturday for sure and I’m thinking of July 13th) I will be flying from the Federation (of Bosnia & Herzegovina) to my beloved city of Warsaw in order to make an official visit to my friend & Royal Ambassador, @yurtripper. I therefore thought that, if anyone is willing to join, it would be a great chance for yet another Kafeteria’s catch-up. The visit will mostly focus on microbreweries and ‘local’ (as of non-mainstream) pubs around the city (both myself & yurtripper know quite a few of those so you will be in safe hands... or possibly not).

@TPJ, no excuses this time and all the others (i.e. those who were at the previous catch-up in Gdańsk but also megaloman, hugolover, N1003U, marcoos and indeed anyone who’s willing to join for a good laugh, all welcome).

G
I'll miss you by a week! I'll be in Warsaw 6-8 July for my father's birthday, then off to Alaska for a week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.