Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Because it’s a LOT flight, simple as that.
It's not a LOT flight. TLL-LED and LED-TLL are the only routes flown under Regional Jet's own AOC with code "EE", on which LOT only codeshares.

This explains why no miles are assigned for such flights.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by marcoos
It's not a LOT flight. TLL-LED and LED-TLL are the only routes flown under Regional Jet's own AOC with code "EE", on which LOT only codeshares.

This explains why no miles are assigned for such flights.
Good to know for future reference, I thought they were all LOT flights (or indeed codeshares which would have been eligible for mileage accrual).

G
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Is this GDN do an invitation only thing?

Likely that I couldn't make it anyways but I was just wondering. it's annoying that LO doesn't have a late night GDN-WAW service for Sat.
POZ is even more annoying - on every day except Sat there's a 2100 service back to WAW. Saturday is by far the easiest for me to do PL day trips on but POZ and GDN are effectively ruled out.

WRO has a daily 21.05 and KRK has 21.10.
So let me know if you guys ever plan a weekend do in either of those!
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yurtripper
Is this GDN do an invitation only thing?
Not by any means, see post #54 That said, I am pretty much in the same situation hence thinking to stay overnight (Sat-Sun) and enjoy a bit of running down Jelitkowo plus some lunch at Pomarańczowa Plaża the day after. It would be great if you could join!

G
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:43 am

Thanks for the confirmation, G.

Tis a pity that there are no SPG properties in/around GDN that I could use as a glorified mattress run for Platinum qualification - I only need 5 more stays to lock in Plat till Feb 2020 so bagging one here would help.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:56 am

Tis a pity that there are no SPG properties in/around GDN that I could use as a glorified mattress run for Platinum qualification - I only need 5 more stays to lock in Plat till Feb 2020 so bagging one here would help.
The Sheraton in Sopot is nothing to sneeze at, although probably on the pricier side in the middle of the season :-).
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lack
The Sheraton in Sopot is nothing to sneeze at, although probably on the pricier side in the middle of the season :-).
I think you've just managed to convince him (or I would hope so)

G
Old Jun 26, 2018, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by Lack
It's over 1000PLN - Peak Season pricing. So I think I can find cheaper mattress runs!

This requires lateral thinking. There's a GDN-KRK service at 2100. I could hit the Sheraton Grand there (half the price and last time I stayed there I got upgraded to the Wawel Suite) and a full day in KRK would be nice.

Would then need to patch in a Sun evening KRK-WAW flight (LO 3922 is at 21:10).

I'm also debating whether to try and requalify for FTL this year, even though I earned it last year (till Feb 2020). Most of my crediting has been to A3 for *G qualification but a WAW-GDN-KRK trip would put me on 14 segments by end of July. Then I'd need 4 trips on Lufty (via FRA/MUC) and an LO RT (e.g POZ, which I'm going to do anyway). I have at least one LH trip planned to Spain for later in the year. I'm also considering Italy. So maybe it's worth going for.

So here's a question: if I requalify for FTL this year will my status then be valid till Feb 2022? The reason why I'm considering extending my FTL status is that the LH M&M card I have from the UK is being pulled in July so I will lose the protection against hard expiry.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 5:02 am
Original Poster

So maybe it's definitely worth going for.
Post amended for you (you're very welcome)

P.S.: the only minus with the aforementioned travel arrangements is that you would miss most of the England game (World Cup final, Sunday 15th)

So here's a question: if I requalify for FTL this year will my status then be valid till Feb 2022? The reason why I'm considering extending my FTL status is that the LH M&M card I have from the UK is being pulled in July so I will lose the protection against hard expiry.
Your status would indeed be extended to FEB22 (though your account will only reflect this towards the end of next year), meaning that 2019 will be your 'dead year' (this, needless to say, as far as I understand and based on direct experience).

G
yurtripper likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 5:21 am
Original Poster

The LOT Kafeteria Mini Do | Gdańsk Garnizon | Saturday July 14th

A quick update with a rundown of those who have so far confirmed attendance -

G+1
tropikey
Lack
Fabo.sk
TPJ
yurtripper
(I know you'll say that you haven't yet, but... )

I may potentially be +2 as a colleague of mine is thinking to join from Sarajevo, she's never been to Poland and she's a lurker here on FlyerTalk (thanks to me, needless to say ), she's a regular on OS and will surely add value to the conversation

I hope others will also be able to join us for a nice day out at the Polish seaside

G
Old Jun 26, 2018, 5:33 am

OMG just realised what the equipment is for the WAW-GDN flight on Sat (LO 3837)... 737 MAX

So that's a clincher (along with the info about FTL above from G) - WAW-GDN-KRK-WAW is locked and loaded
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
A quick update with a rundown of those who have so far confirmed attendance -

G+1
tropikey
Lack
Fabo.sk
TPJ
yurtripper
(I know you'll say that you haven't yet, but... )

I may potentially be +2 as a colleague of mine is thinking to join from Sarajevo, she's never been to Poland and she's a lurker here on FlyerTalk (thanks to me, needless to say ), she's a regular on OS and will surely add value to the conversation

I hope others will also be able to join us for a nice day out at the Polish seaside

G
G, I think I should be on the same flight as you (3837 - the MAX flight). I have seat 2D bagged already.

There's no way I'd miss the World Cup Final (ENG participation or otherwise!) - even if I was offered a free flight in LH F for the same time period. Fortunately, it starts at 5PM so I can make it to my flight (21:10). However, if it goes to extra time/penalties it might mean a bit of a rush to the airport.

BTW, the 3rd place playoff is at 4PM on Sat so it would be good to find a place with a TV screen.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 5:55 am
Original Poster

G, I think I should be on the same flight as you (3837 - the MAX flight). I have seat 2D bagged already.
Result!

I'm slightly worried about missing my 30 minutes' connection at Vienna coming from OS760 (I wouldn't, in normal circumstances -and I do this most weeks anyway- but this will be a very important occasion, not-to-be-missed ) so I'm thinking to get back to Warsaw from Bosnia on the Friday and join you at the airport Saturday late morning before the 78M flight

There's no way I'd miss the World Cup Final (ENG participation or otherwise!) - even if I was offered a free flight in LH F for the same time period. Fortunately, it starts at 5PM so I can make it to my flight (21:10).
I was sure the final would be a 8/9PM kick-off as ever but clearly I'm wrong!

BTW, the 3rd place playoff is at 4PM on Sat so it would be good to find a place with a TV screen.
That's a very good point indeed, I will ask some of the bars in Garnizon whether they are planning to show the match (I will give it a couple of days, though - they may still be upset with Poland leaving the tournament at such early stage )

G
Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What's so great about the MAX?!

I'm flying from WAW on the Thursday afternoon (12 JUL), so if anyone is around then, happy to meet up in the lounges.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
OMG just realised what the equipment is for the WAW-GDN flight on Sat (LO 3837)... 737 MAX

So that's a clincher (along with the info about FTL above from G) - WAW-GDN-KRK-WAW is locked and loaded
KRK-WAW that morning was supposed to be MAX too but got changed to E-Jet. Fingers crossed this one stays.

Pregame in the lounge, it seems. I'll be in 24F or something on that flight. Went for 1A on KRK-GDN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.