The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:51 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
This was what I kept thinking when the delays kept piling up. I would have been happy to hop out and change flights to MUC-ZRH and ask for the original mileage. Seems like nobody at LOT was interested at all in trying to accommodate the pax in their situations. I'm sure LOT is a fine airline when things go according to plan, but it's in irrops situations that you see the true worth of an airline. And on this front, I was very disappointed with the (lack of) handling of things from their part.
IIRC, LH is the handling the LO flights out of MUC. Did they refuse to help?

The main issue I have with LOT in this case is the complete lack of information, and generally a complete feeling of apathy from the staff. I did ask them to also check my flight while in the air, but it seems like they forgot. And when about to exit the airplane, I told the crew I could still possibly make it. Their only reaction was "oh, really?" I'm not one to try to ever pull any DYKWIA, but it would have been to get at least a little bit of status recognition here, in situations like this I feel a LH/LX crew would at least made an effort to keep me informed of the connection status.
I found that status recognition has gone downhill quite a bit over the last couple of years, so maybe I am just used to this situation. OTOH, if I reach out to LH proactively in IRROPS situation they normally get things sorted out for me and my family.
N1003U likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
I'm sure LOT is a fine airline when things go according to plan, but it's in irrops situations that you see the true worth of an airline.
Spot on – and the operational flop from last summer (there were others, but that one was unique, for all the wrong reasons of course) just goes to prove the above point i.e. when things go wrong, you're pretty much left to your own devices (again, for all the wrong reasons). It goes without saying that I could easily mention a number of negative instances (in similar circumstances) with other carriers as well, but these were fairly isolated and, generally speaking, it was bordering on plain sailing (including alternative itinerary following disruption directly through the app or indeed allowing me to choose the most suitable routing from the app itself – good luck trying to do that with LOT and good luck with the absurd queues at the transfer desk near gate 26 during a bad day, when the contact centre seems to be constantly unavailable or, even if you get through, an agent kindly invites you to sort things out at the airport...).

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Jan 8, 2019 at 12:09 pm Reason: minor amendments.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by cas_de
IIRC, LH is the handling the LO flights out of MUC. Did they refuse to help?
TBH I don't think they could be much help at that point. The (LOT) crew had already elected to board the lot, and once doors closed, there's nothing can be done from ground.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
TBH I don't think they could be much help at that point. The (LOT) crew had already elected to board the lot, and once doors closed, there's nothing can be done from ground.
I’ve had this before on a LOT flight affected by a snow shower. At least they had the courtesy to provide water on board.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:21 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
RR engines saga.
So is it mainly/only SP-LRE has has had - and continues to have - issues?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aster
So is it mainly/only SP-LRE has has had - and continues to have - issues?
SP-LRE was grounded due to maintenance (i.e. RR issues) for a period of time however, since it got back, there were a number of other 'hiccups'. LOT has been wet-leasing various aircraft (currently a 330 from Air Italy and a 767, with the latter mostly based in Budapest) because of the technical issues affecting its Dreamliners.

G
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Re reseating due to equipment change: it seems Altea doesn't preserve the original seating if a variant of the same aircraft type is scheduled and reseats everyone using its own logic. Lufthansa Group struggled with this quite a bit and only got a patch applied recently.

LO in MUC: while you have LH staff at the gate and can use any LH checkin counter, the irreg handling is done by LO HQ and there is a supervisor from LO in the back office in MUC. Similar to SAS. So the Lufthansa gate/checkin agent is not allowed to touch your booking in irregs.
AlicorporateUK, N1003U and iLied like this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Re reseating due to equipment change: it seems Altea doesn't preserve the original seating if a variant of the same aircraft type is scheduled and reseats everyone using its own logic. Lufthansa Group struggled with this quite a bit and only got a patch applied recently.
Does this apply to Amadeus as well?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Altea is the Amadeus suite that LH, LO, etc use. https://amadeus.com/en/industries/airlines/altea-suite
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Altea is the Amadeus suite that LH, LO, etc use. https://amadeus.com/en/industries/airlines/altea-suite
Thanks then I may have experienced this issue.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

On a number of 'via WAW' routes (at least those I used to fly more often e.g. XXX-WAW-GDN/BEG/ZAG, to mention a few), Y+ but also C was, bizarrely enough, often cheaper than Y (a few weeks ago I got a LHR-WAW-GDN return in C for 'just' ~400 GBP when Y was well over 600...).
Going back to the above topic, I have just purchased a LHR-WAW-BEG-WAW-LHR (first morning flight out of Heathrow, which minimises the risk of delay getting into Warsaw with the increasing likelihood of compromising onward travel), business, just over 350 GBP — premium economy priced at roughly 20 quid cheaper whereas Y wasn’t much cheaper either. Decent value without a doubt.

G

iLied likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: M&M FTL

Going back to the above topic, I have just purchased a LHR-WAW-BEG-WAW-LHR (first morning flight out of Heathrow, which minimises the risk of delay getting into Warsaw with the increasing likelihood of compromising onward travel), business, just over 350 GBP — premium economy priced at roughly 20 quid cheaper whereas Y wasn’t much cheaper either. Decent value without a doubt.

G
Anything involving LHR is a delay risk in my experience.

As for winter IRROPS, I've never had many issues when going via WAW, the last two instances from memory were when connecting on to WRO and were generally positive:
-When we still had just enough time to catch the last flight of the day, two other pax and I were taken by a crew minibus to the remote stand.
-When it was clear there wasn't a chance in hell of making the last flight, we were greeted upon exiting the first flight and presented with hotel bookings and instructions on how to get to the hotel shuttle plus meal vouchers.

But I agree more real-time information onboard would be nice. And the 'we apologise for the delayed departure, this is due to the late arrival of the aircraft' seems now to be used by nearly every airline in virtually every situation and it's patronising and meaningless.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by theSaladDays
Anything involving LHR is a delay risk in my experience.

But I agree more real-time information onboard would be nice. And the 'we apologise for the delayed departure, this is due to the late arrival of the aircraft' seems now to be used by nearly every airline in virtually every situation and it's patronising and meaningless.
I’ve had it where it was a late arrival on the incoming aircraft due to a technical fault and equipment change, therefore the delay was caused by the incoming aircraft being delayed due to a on time arrival but had a shorter than expected turnaround to get the incoming passengers to destination.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think it's about time LOT "far-right" management tapped into the Indian market given the "far-right" Government is seeking workers from there.

I guess it would be down to bilateral's. I wonder what exists between PL and IN? Is there any history of flights?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:21 am
Original Poster

DEL has been [more than] a rumour for quite some time now (LOT officials have made no secret that they would like to launch the route, which makes me think that there are a number of issues e.g. slots, authorisations at local level? preventing this from happening).

G
hugolover likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.