Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
To be fair, these were the people who were reliably flying off Monday morning 40 weeks a year
Oh yes, I know the Monday morning feeling (together with that slight sadness on those cold, dark Sunday afternoons thinking "Here comes another Monday, time to leave the loved ones but only until Thursday" ) i.e. the cruel alarm set for 4AM in order to get on the 6AM flight to Copenhagen (and onwards to Birmingham), I did it for such long time that I'm still in touch with the few folks who were on exactly the same flights every Monday and even Thursday night on the way back Above all, I do miss the banter with the gate agents at BHX and the Thursday afternoon's feeling when heading to the airport (well, at least up to the point when SAS decided to axe access to 3rd party lounges! ).

G
fifty_two and yurtripper like this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iLied
Understandable that they would only book you from WAW, although couldn’t they have offered something where you contributed for the extra segments? I know some do that if you have a work trip but tag on a personal trip at the same time. You have to pay for what wasn’t company business.
They did it once to be fair, I was stuck in Graz due to a strike (Lufthansa) and so I asked the corporate travel agent (upon approval from my manager, needless to say) to get me to Gdańsk via Frankfurt instead

G
iLied likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
IIRC once we even called the passenger.

To be fair, these were the people who were reliably flying off Monday morning 40 weeks a year.
It’s the nice thing to do!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:22 am

Can Nordica use LO interline agreements when their flights are disrupted?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:39 pm

The customer line now has an option on 5 under individual customer for Buisness & M&M status holders. No idea what it means in practical terms.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
This option is for Business Class ticket holders, HONs and Senators (not Frequent Travellers though). It has been there for quite some time.
My experience is that they pick up the phone way sooner, I've never waited for more than a minute, I imagine the call is displayed as coming from a "priority" customer, so you are moved to the front of the line, on top of other callers.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by andywaw
This option is for Business Class ticket holders, HONs and Senators (not Frequent Travellers though). It has been there for quite some time.
My experience is that they pick up the phone way sooner, I've never waited for more than a minute, I imagine the call is displayed as coming from a "priority" customer, so you are moved to the front of the line, on top of other callers.
I only mention it because it’s been said here that this feature has been removed (used to have dedicated line). I just thought I would help fellow LO frequent flyers with the right combination to get there without having to sit through the options.

Although while we are here, I miss being able to get the alternative hold music, interlaced with your call is being connected please hold. It’s much nicer music for me than the standard music. It might still be there but don’t know the combination. Is flight status like the speaking clock for flights?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 3:41 am

Programs: M&M FTL
New user here - hello to all

I was wondering whether someone here has any experience with EU261 claims with LOT? I submitted a claim on 3 Sept to LOT's customer claims portal and got an automatic reply with a registration number. The page after submitting the form also stated that a reply would be forthcoming within 5 weeks.

The flight took place at the end of August. By now it's been over 2,5 months since I submitted the claim and still no answer. About 3 weeks ago I gave the general LOT customer service a call to ask for an update, and after waiting for 20 minutes, they simply told (rather rudely) to be more patient.

Any ideas what my next steps could be?
Many thanks.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IluvatarMilan

I was wondering whether someone here has any experience with EU261 claims with LOT? I submitted a claim on 3 Sept to LOT's customer claims portal and got an automatic reply with a registration number. The page after submitting the form also stated that a reply would be forthcoming within 5 weeks.

The flight took place at the end of August. By now it's been over 2,5 months since I submitted the claim and still no answer. About 3 weeks ago I gave the general LOT customer service a call to ask for an update, and after waiting for 20 minutes, they simply told (rather rudely) to be more patient.

Many thanks.
Hi and welcome to FlyerTalk, @IluvatarMilan it's good to see you here, despite the negative experience which led to your very first post.

That said, there are a number of reports (including on this very thread) concerning EU261 claims with LOT and the waiting times (this taking also personal experience into consideration) seem to vary between 2/3 months and often even longer, mostly considering the operational breakdown over the summer months and I suspect the countless claims which may have well led to a significant backlog. My suggestion is to wait for a further couple of weeks before considering alternative routes or chasing them up again.

Again, welcome amongst us.

G
Old Nov 20, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: TK*G, AB G ;), HH D
Stumbled upon this article:
LOT asks cash from PAX for repairs

This can't be real, can it?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Karl Gustav Annus
Stumbled upon this article:
LOT asks cash from PAX for repairs

This can't be real, can it?
There's already a dedicated thread.

G
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: TK*G, AB G ;), HH D
Thanks!

Didn't saw it on the first M&M page at first
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

No problems, I guess it deserved an appearance in the LOT Kafeteria as well

G
Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by IluvatarMilan

Many thanks.
It really depends who you get at LOT Customer Service. I would recommend just trying a few times and see who you get.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not a LOT matter, but hilarious all the same as he is in KTW next week for "climate change" talks...yawn.

Imagine how much of a LOSER you must be to put a BA Gold tag on your suit carrier? I mean..its loser to the extreme. I would have loved to pull him up on it.

That loser is the Secretary General of UN. "Oh yes Sir, put your BA Gold tag on your suit so BArbara knows how premium you are when you enter her legacy cabins".

So embarrassing. I am embarrassed for him.
Attached Images  

Last edited by hugolover; Nov 30, 2018 at 11:13 am Reason: Fixed UN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.