The LOT Kafeteria

Old May 23, 22, 1:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
Doubt that. GDN is a dead airport in comparison, it has no way near the volumes of KRK.

I should add, the only advantage KRK has is the food, cos there is some, but GDN has way, way better alcohol. One of the best contract lounges I visit. They even had malt's at some point. Krakow is basic.
so for me gdn is really poor compared to krk, but i rarely touch the alcohol in a lounge and when I do it is usually just the beer
Old May 23, 22, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by scottishpoet View Post
so for me gdn is really poor compared to krk, but i rarely touch the alcohol in a lounge and when I do it is usually just the beer
Beer is way better, some sort of local brewery with flip-top caps
the810 likes this.
Old May 24, 22, 1:35 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWE (Plat Pro), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by scottishpoet View Post
just the beer
So fridge with local 'Amber Brewery' beer would be your haven. On Sunday afternoon I had 'Bezalkoholwa IPA' (non-alcoholic IPA) and it was the best non-alcoholic beer I have ever had.
hugolover and Fabo.sk like this.
Old May 24, 22, 5:16 am

Programs: LH FTL
ok so I am mainly from GDN but living and working in MUC from 9 years but often flying and using this lounge so to summarize:

-no hot options unfortunatelly due that they don't have any place to do it....
-Alcoholic beverages, I agree one of the best in Poland lounges even in Polonez lounge in WAW there is no such choice so Stronger alcohol and beersm yes I think the best one, non-alcoholic beverages also a lot of options which is very good.
-Food-a lot of sweets , chips, donuts, last time upgrade I saw greek salads with feta and olives and croissants with salmon additional to the regular rolls and new little "fridge" where they offer new sweet cakes. Unfortunatelly no hot options.

Airport indeed have most low-costs and almost to north of europe unfortunatelly due that if you want to go PMI, MAD,BCN in regular carrier you have SWISS,LH or KLM(low cost like wizzair which you can go to BCN I am not counting due that for me ryanair and wizzair are not existing)
hugolover and the810 like this.
Old May 24, 22, 8:49 am

Yes, good to see someone shares my view about GDN bevvies. It's the only airport lounge in PL I can get an Aperol Spritz. That food is new, I think the past couple of weeks?

KRK has nothing hot right now as well. Unless you count toast and before that it was only soup.
Old May 24, 22, 6:18 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Yes, good to see someone shares my view about GDN bevvies. It's the only airport lounge in PL I can get an Aperol Spritz. That food is new, I think the past couple of weeks?

KRK has nothing hot right now as well. Unless you count toast and before that it was only soup.
Yes I think that this food came few weeks ago so due that i had a flight 01.05 and earlier in March and then it was not there.
hugolover likes this.
Old May 25, 22, 9:52 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
LOT is starting to fly WAW-BOM-WAW 2 days a week starting 31 May 2022.

Business/PE classes are ridiculously expensive, so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with WAW-DEL-WAW flights (or other intercontinental LO flights) if one was booked in "full-fare" economy (in this case, H-class) booked directly with LOT on their website - if any paid upgrades were proactively offered?

If so, what were they?
Old May 25, 22, 5:17 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Hi all,

While searching for long haul flight fares on LOT's website, I've noticed that M&M status miles are not always listed as being included in the package
I've found many examples in economy saver (class U), economy premium semiflex (class Y, R) and even in Business semiflex (Z).

Is LOT not giving status miles unless explicitly listed (regardless of fare class) ?

Thank you in advance for the clarification
Old May 25, 22, 5:29 pm

They all get miles. Credit is based on the RBD. No issues.
Old May 25, 22, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
LOT is starting to fly WAW-BOM-WAW 2 days a week starting 31 May 2022.

Business/PE classes are ridiculously expensive, so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with WAW-DEL-WAW flights (or other intercontinental LO flights) if one was booked in "full-fare" economy (in this case, H-class) booked directly with LOT on their website - if any paid upgrades were proactively offered?

If so, what were they?
There are no excluded RBD's. You can book the cheapest fare and upgrade. It's guaranteed that basically Plusgrade will show and you can predict yourself if it will likely be accepted based on the load. You could test it by booking and if no Plusgrade shows up, cancelling per the grace period, the refund is fast. I don't think LO will turn down any offer if there are empty seats.
Old May 26, 22, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
There are no excluded RBD's. You can book the cheapest fare and upgrade. It's guaranteed that basically Plusgrade will show and you can predict yourself if it will likely be accepted based on the load. You could test it by booking and if no Plusgrade shows up, cancelling per the grace period, the refund is fast. I don't think LO will turn down any offer if there are empty seats.
Oh really - they (Plusgrade on behalf of LOT) decide on the offered amount within 24 hours? (Grace period for cancellation?)

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; May 26, 22 at 4:09 pm
Old May 26, 22, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Oh really - they (Plusgrade on behalf of LOT) decide on the offered amount within 24 hours? (Grace period for cancellation?)
No. I thought you were asking what the possibilities are for upgrading. Plusgrade is the cheapest possibility. Then you could find out what it costs.
Old May 31, 22, 1:51 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWE (Plat Pro), IHG Plat Ambassador
KRK Lounge - small changes

1. Effective last weekend - access is available 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure. Applies to PP and airline clients.
2. Airline status customers must show the card (I guess virtual card in the App is OK, I shown her my plastic card). I asked if people tried to cheat and she confirmed.
Old May 31, 22, 6:44 am

Interesting. 3 hours changed like a month ago up from 2. Wonder if she’s part time?
Travelling through yesterday I wasn’t asked to show the card.
Old Jun 4, 22, 12:21 pm

Flew today and no request for the card. Were you flying LO to WAW?

Search this Thread