Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Confused: Lufthansa profile being deleted, register for the new Lufthansa iD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2018, 5:30 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

I just received an email from Lufthansa:

Dear Mr LondonElite,

We are writing to inform you that your old Lufthansa profile will soon be permanently deleted – your old user-ID and the associated password will therefore become invalid.* We are doing this as part of our commitment to continuous improvement, so that we can always meet your requirements.

We recommend that you register now, quickly and easily, for the new version of your old profile – the Lufthansa iD. You will enjoy many benefits, such as information and offers that are tailor-made for you.
When I try to create this iD it tells me that the email is already in use (of course, it is the iD that I created last year). If this the one that is being deleted? If so, why the confusion regarding the email address? Is it another profile I have somewhere that is being deleted? If so, then why send me this email?

I have another question: my profile includes my UA FFP where I collect most of my *A miles. LH is inviting me to add my M&M account, which it says is an action that can't be undone. What does that mean...will everything default to a basic M&M account, will my UA account be kicked out?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.