Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's going on with the lounge dragons at WAW?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2018, 4:20 am

STRIKE UPDATE

6 trade unions have now agreed to the strike planned for May 1st, this will last until further notice and indeed until the airline's management decides to make a move in order to approach staff/unions for a solution to the dispute over salaries. I was under the impression that this was going to be just a 'standard' 1-day strike but apparently not! Also and as it was previously suggested by @hugolover, it seems that those flights leaving from outstations on May 1st will operate as normal with crews joining the sit-in once in Warsaw.

That said, I've just rung LOT as I'm off to my routine weekly hop to Sarajevo on May 1st but they are refusing to find alternatives (I simply asked them whether I'd be able to travel the previous day or to be re-accommodated on Austrian via Vienna instead) and said that standard charges will apply should I decide to go ahead and cancel/amend my ticket. It will be fun (for all the wrong reasons, though)

G
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the update G. Let’s see if my nightstop is cancelled on Monday.

LOT have had a lot of problems today. A number of cancellations and delays. Not to mention the PR, naturally fake news TVN is locked out on my Ned Flanders censored tellybox but even fellow Queen loving TVP was rolling the bad news over and over. The archive footage they were using of a Chopin Airport FIDS was dated 29 Dec 2016 and I could see the flight I took that day, which is just weird!

And oh my goodness... row 1 on the 734... it’s like being in a sardine can. Are those seats made only for Polish models going for shows in Paris and Milan? If so, why do they always use Embraers!
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
fake news TVN is locked out on my Ned Flanders censored tellybox
^

G
Old Apr 28, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
This is going to be a mess

I fully expect this to turn into an unmitigated mess. LOT is awful in cancellations but with a strike that was announced in advance the passengers will be on their own. My flight JFK WAW is on May 2 and May 3 WAW SVO and of course I wont be able to do anything until they actually cancel May 2 inbound that day. Truly crap handling.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 12:44 pm

LOT have had a lot of problems today
Same today (no idea why, though). My flight got here on-time but a swift glimpse of the flight's information screen revealed several delays. And there were no thunderstorms today here in Warsaw, blue skies and summery temperatures all-round.

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Apr 28, 2018 at 12:49 pm
Old Apr 28, 2018, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't really understand if the strike is going ahead or not. From what I have gauged from LOT staff it will happen, but then the Courts said it won't and its illegal. So what its illegal?

Monday night, lets see if night stop is cancelled, and return Tuesday evening. Lots of scope to enjoy Warsaw courtesy of PLL LOT or not...
Old Apr 28, 2018, 1:58 pm

I don't really understand if the strike is going ahead or not. From what I have gauged from LOT staff it will happen, but then the Courts said it won't and its illegal. So what its illegal?

Monday night, lets see if night stop is cancelled, and return Tuesday evening. Lots of scope to enjoy Warsaw courtesy of PLL LOT or not...
Związki zawodowe: Mimo decyzji sądu, strajk w PLL LOT i tak się odbędzie
That's what a number of press agencies are reporting today so, in short, the strike will go ahead even though it has been formally declared illegal.

G
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder if the EQP is relevant as to whether the flight will operate. For example, I heard the Dash pilots are either directly employed by LO or not, one of the two options! So I wonder which one means strike and which one means no strike?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:16 am

I wonder if the EQP is relevant as to whether the flight will operate. For example, I heard the Dash pilots are either directly employed by LO or not, one of the two options! So I wonder which one means strike and which one means no strike?
No idea but LOT's handling of the forthcoming strike has been fairly irritating (at least in my own case), possibly recipe for disaster. I called them again earlier on this morning and, according to lady I spoke to, there won't be any strike -

[Broken Record] Sir, any change you wish to make to your reservation will incur in costs as per fare's T&Cs etc. [/Broken Record]

I tried to explain (in English first, before switching to Polish afterwards and therefore hoping for a better outcome) that a cancellation of my Zagreb flight will cause significant disruption to my original plans as I need to be in Sarajevo by 10AM on May 2nd and it is painfully obvious that, holding an itinerary which involves a connection and later a flight on a different airline, things are likely to go tits-up. Then again, nobody seems to know how long the strike is going to last, which could add to misery as I'm due to fly back to Warsaw on the 4th before heading to Bosnia again on Monday.

G
Old Apr 30, 2018, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I arrived at the airport by train and the security were preventing access to the airport via arrivals. I had to go through the car park and then to departures. I thought something had happened but once in departures everything was normal if not a little quiet.

A couple of nightstops have been cancelled so far. GDN due to tech. And KSC due to shortage of crew.

They told me that the strike is cancelled and won’t happen. It’s a shame the management don’t have a clearer picture or that they forced my comrades to strike.

By the way, yesterday was the first day of LO18/17. It looked quite busy in business but totally empty in Economy.

Parma ham sandwiches today in the lounge.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 12:37 pm

They told me that the strike is cancelled and won’t happen
Correct, it's been called off (I suspect further to some degree of political manoeuvring - Prime Minister anyone? ).

G
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, I hope my main man Kaz is on the ball with this. It's wonderful to see a fellow Queen in a position of power.

In the meantime, they have proactively cancelled a number of 734, E75 and DH8 flights, even for tomorrow. Apparently due to tech. I see flights in the GDS that are showing as operating that are apparently cancelled "due tech".
AlicorporateUK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.