Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

LHR-GIG-LHR via FRA in PE - is it possible to upgrade connecting flights LHR-FRA-LHR?

LHR-GIG-LHR via FRA in PE - is it possible to upgrade connecting flights LHR-FRA-LHR?

Old Apr 15, 18, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

Hello everyone,

I wonder if you can help.

I am considering flying from London to Rio with Lufthansa in Premium Economy and wonder if it is possible to upgrade the short haul flights LHR-FRA-LHR to Business. I no longer have status with Star Alliance and find the idea of having no priority check-in, no priority boarding and having to face the cramped conditions in the economy cabin prior to and after the long haul flights in PE rather off putting.

Has anyone ever managed to upgrade the connecting short haul flights? I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you!
Old Apr 15, 18, 4:24 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by LondonFlight View Post
Hello everyone,

I wonder if you can help.

I am considering flying from London to Rio with Lufthansa in Premium Economy and wonder if it is possible to upgrade the short haul flights LHR-FRA-LHR to Business. I no longer have status with Star Alliance and find the idea of having no priority check-in, no priority boarding and having to face the cramped conditions in the economy cabin prior to and after the long haul flights in PE rather off putting.

Has anyone ever managed to upgrade the connecting short haul flights? I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you!
You can usually buy the upgrade when you access your booking for a fixed sum and/or make on offer how much your would be willing to pay for your upgrade.
Old Apr 15, 18, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for your reply, worldclubber. I would be interested in upgrading the short haul legs if that's at all possible. Thanks!
Old Apr 15, 18, 11:14 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by LondonFlight View Post
Thank you for your reply, worldclubber. I would be interested in upgrading the short haul legs if that's at all possible. Thanks!
you can do that from the website as well if itís available for you flight (as in: seats available for upgrade). Against money or miles.

Old Apr 15, 18, 11:52 pm

Note that LH short haul business such as LHR-FRA will still be cramped! LH blocks the adjacent seat, but pitch will be the same as economy. In some cases, 30" or 76 cm.
Old Apr 16, 18, 12:15 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Check this thread :
"Business Class Upgrade" (Cash Upgrade for 90-160 EUR) on regional European flights
Old Apr 16, 18, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Thank you everyone for your comments. I have been reading positive feedback about Lufthansa's Premium Economy product but a common point of complaint seems to be the lack of priority check-in and boarding. Lufthansa could well offer these "add-ons" at time of booking for a fee, hopefully they may consider it one day.

Thank you again for your replies!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: