FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Which J to choose? LAX-FRA A346 or DEN-FRA B744 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1904087-j-choose-lax-fra-a346-den-fra-b744.html)

higher_flyer Apr 15, 2018 12:47 pm

Which J to choose? LAX-FRA A346 or DEN-FRA B744

I'm considering two choices to FRA, what's your advice? I'm a solo traveler, prefer aisles, don't particularly like the 744 UD so that's not a factor. I know the seats are the same hard product but is there anything about the cabin, service, or airplane itself that would distinguish one from the other?

Thanks in advance.

MichielR Apr 15, 2018 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by higher_flyer (Post 29643305)
I'm considering two choices to FRA, what's your advice? I'm a solo traveler, prefer aisles, don't particularly like the 744 UD so that's not a factor. I know the seats are the same hard product but is there anything about the cabin, service, or airplane itself that would distinguish one from the other?

Thanks in advance.

Go for convenience. Transfer vs direct might make a difference. Or - maybe - your chance to upgrade on the 346 with F vs no upgrades on B744 without F. Other than that there is 4D on the B744 which is the only solo C seat on the LH fleet.

worldclubber Apr 15, 2018 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by MichielR (Post 29643390)
Go for convenience. Transfer vs direct might make a difference. Or - maybe - your chance to upgrade on the 346 with F vs no upgrades on B744 without F. Other than that there is 4D on the B744 which is the only solo C seat on the LH fleet.

Would suggest the same thing, whatever is more convenient concerning the schedule.

I personally prefer the A346.

4D on the B744 is the only solo seat, that's true, but has some other caveats.

Kacee Apr 15, 2018 3:15 pm

Also, *A lounge at LAX vs. United Club at DEN.

worldclubber Apr 15, 2018 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 29643712)

Good point. On a non-rainy day, i.e. when the terrace is open, the lounge at LAX is really something to experience.

Great "make your own pho station", too. (Unfotunately, when I was last there a about a week and a half ago, some lounge managers discussed the viability of the pho station as I was serving myself),

higher_flyer Apr 15, 2018 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 29643712)

Hadn't thought about that, could be a nice but brief stop.

Both options are a connecting flight from UA domestic, so equally (in)convenient. The 744 solo seat was interesting but next to the galley, which I usually try to avoid for maximum sleep comfort.

worldclubber Apr 15, 2018 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by higher_flyer (Post 29643812)
Hadn't thought about that, could be a nice but brief stop.

Both options are a connecting flight from UA domestic, so equally (in)convenient. The 744 solo seat was interesting but next to the galley, which I usually try to avoid for maximum sleep comfort.

They usually set up the drinks just before this seat and serve the whole forward J cabin from there, which could disturb your sleep, if that‘s most important to you. Not a bad seat per se, but there are also cons.

higher_flyer Apr 15, 2018 4:42 pm

worldclubber, what makes you prefer the A346?