Search

LH booking class P, Z upgreadable for miles and eVouchers

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber

^

Just got two eVouchers for my SEN requalification (once every two years) and need both for one long-haul upgrade, while UA 1K get 6 GPUs per year.
Yep, just got 6 eVouchers after flying LH group more than 600k miles in J class or above, hardly seems generous

But they did give my partner 2 ( who is not keen on LH )
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by chris63

Yep, just got 6 eVouchers after flying LH group more than 600k miles in J class or above, hardly seems generous

But they did give my partner 2 ( who is not keen on LH )
M&M selections on the way to HON net you quite a few more, no?
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by sophialite

M&M selections on the way to HON net you quite a few more, no?
Many years ago that I was on my way to HON & selections had not been dreampt up by the interns ..... nor Status Stars , now how I ever survived without my LH ** s I will never know
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
To be honest, I got my 6 GPUs as a 1K and I’ve managed to use exactly 1 of them. They never clear. And my RPUs cleared only on super short legs ...
That‘s very unfortunate. Annoys me, too, that the LH eVouchers are really hard to use, as availability of upgrades is rather limited.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:03 am

I’ve had no trouble using my eVouchers, although I’ll admit that my travel plans are usually flexible and I can shift a day or two here and there to save money off a fare or find availability.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:16 am

I’ve had no trouble using my eVouchers, although I’ll admit that my travel plans are usually flexible and I can shift a day or two here and there to save money off a fare or find availability.
I usually seem to have to go somewhat out of my way to use them. At least not as easy as 1-2-3.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:34 am

If you lot have trouble using your eVouchers, I'd be happy to help out in utilising them ;P
SkyTeem likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:44 am

Finally I can use the LH eVouchers as SEN. This used to be a nightmare because I my bookings never had the required booking class. Now I was able zu upgrade MUC-YVR in booking class P to O with miles and even change it later to eVouchers, when I requalified.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by klausa
If you lot have trouble using your eVouchers, I'd be happy to help out in utilising them ;P
I had to go out of my way a little, but then was able to use them. Will let you know when this changes.
klausa likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by pmeye
Finally I can use the LH eVouchers as SEN. This used to be a nightmare because I my bookings never had the required booking class. Now I was able zu upgrade MUC-YVR in booking class P to O with miles and even change it later to eVouchers, when I requalified.
Sounds really good. When I last used eVouchers I still had to go the LX P to O route, as LH would not let me. I appreciate that it works now, but I am at the same time a bit worried about the availability of F awards, now that we are all able upgrade from P on LH while F seats are being reduced.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by worldclubber

Sounds really good. When I last used eVouchers I still had to go the LX P to O route, as LH would not let me. I appreciate that it works now, but I am at the same time a bit worried about the availability of F awards, now that we are all able upgrade from P on LH while F seats are being reduced.
except that there is no upgrade to 'O' on LX

F is very tight right now, whether you upgrade from P or J. On many routes F goes out full (saw the list of my flight this week and it was just A and F ... no O),
worldclubber likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
except that there is no upgrade to 'O' on LX

F is very tight right now, whether you upgrade from P or J. On many routes F goes out full (saw the list of my flight this week and it was just A and F ... no O),
I meant the equivalent of LH O, of course.

On many routes you have to be very flexible to get an award or upgrade into the F cabin. Even worse for companion awards. Requested an F award instead of the already booked J (companion) award to SFO weeks ago and it still has not cleared.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:29 am

I've had a bit of luck redeeming for upgrades to LX F. In my view, the fact that only HON/SEN can book these seats means that availability is a bit better. I've had no trouble finding award availability in general, except for August when there was absolutely nothing between ZRH-SFO. I eventually booked ZRH-LAX, and then cancelled the ticket because I just bought the ticket with cash instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.