Wiki Posts
Search

Whats up with LH F Award to NA destinations

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2018, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FTL
Whats up with LH F Award to NA destinations

Hi all, I am trying to book an F award from EU to NA for the last couple of weeks. Mainly interested in FRA-ORD/IAH in mid-August. Surprisingly, I am unable to find any availability from mid-April onwards to most NA destinations with F (BOS, IAH, ORD, LAX, or SEA). I am FTL. Wondering what's up with that? Is LH now blocking F space to 14-days out to own flyers as well? I know FTL do not get SEN award space but this is ridiculous. I remember as FTL I could see space even a year out of FRA to these destinations. Only space I see now in F is the UA flights, C award is available as normal. Anyone have any insight on what's up with that?
blueline7 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: LH HON
More and more destinations loose F - therefore less award seats
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:10 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I can't speak for Frankfurt, but I have been seeing lots of availability to and from Munich to Los Angeles on their A380 (within 14 days).

Frankfurt seems to have dried up. . . don't know why...
Old Mar 28, 2018, 1:43 am

There have also been a lot of F sales for summer.
How is the booking situation on the flights you are looking at?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA Pl, KL Platinum for Life
Originally Posted by Ordfly
Hi all, I am trying to book an F award from EU to NA for the last couple of weeks. Mainly interested in FRA-ORD/IAH in mid-August. Surprisingly, I am unable to find any availability from mid-April onwards to most NA destinations with F (BOS, IAH, ORD, LAX, or SEA). I am FTL. Wondering what's up with that? Is LH now blocking F space to 14-days out to own flyers as well? I know FTL do not get SEN award space but this is ridiculous. I remember as FTL I could see space even a year out of FRA to these destinations. Only space I see now in F is the UA flights, C award is available as normal. Anyone have any insight on what's up with that?

I thought United announced there will be no more international first class effective May 1, 2018.

Last edited by Lakeviewsteve; Mar 29, 2018 at 3:29 pm Reason: Not sure of original post.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 1:35 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Don’t even bother with IAH, it’s usually sold out (at least at the moment - I’ve been watching) in paid F.

LAX is a funny one, they hate releasing award space (sometimes available on Tuesdays) and often don’t even sell A class, even though half the cabin inevitably ends up being upgraded.

SEA isn’t served by F anymore. SFO is almost as hard to get as LAX.

Your best option is ORD. Served multiple times a day by both LH and LX as it’s a hub, so there’s arguably oversupply in F. JFK too, but that’s so far from the west coast you may as well not bother.

DFW was an F award goldmine but from memory they no longer serve it with F.

Check LAX on Tuesdays, particularly ex-MUC and see how you go!
dsched and FlyerTalkUserName like this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:24 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Am I the only one who thinks that LH F award availability is getting from bad to worse (especially to the US)?
I've been able to snag two seats in F every summer for years (LA, SFO, DFW, etc) but this year I haven't found a single seat in the summer months to any US destination.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by JohnRain
Am I the only one who thinks that LH F award availability is getting from bad to worse (especially to the US)?
I've been able to snag two seats in F every summer for years (LA, SFO, DFW, etc) but this year I haven't found a single seat in the summer months to any US destination.
It is definitely much harder but I didn't had problems booking F for two to NYC, BOS and ORD this summer again with some flexibility.... as I'm booking through EuroBonus I need to wait for the very last minute (T-14 days). What works pretty well for me is to book ex-HAM (and for me to add a CPH-HAM segment) as a lot of the F awards were married segments like HAM-US-HAM while e.g. the MUC or FRA to US segment wasn't bookable on its own.
JohnRain likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by JohnRain
Yeah, it’s quite poor. Very disappointing that its not only true for partner awards, but also for M&M members. While there is some availability out there, its rarely for 2 seats and generally for mid-week travel - not very useful for leisure.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FTL
Yeah its pretty bad.....I ended up booking ORD-FRA F but using Lifemiles and not M&M a couple of months ago..and booked KLM for the return as I could not find any F award ex-EU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.