Wiki Posts
Search

Proof of a mileage upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2018, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: LX SEN
Proof of a mileage upgrade

Is anyone aware of a way that I can prove that I used MM miles to upgrade a flight?

Basic situation is that an organization has invited me for a presentation and agreed to reimburse me for a flight in economy class. When they asked for my boarding passes the administrator had a heart attack because it says business on the BP, because I used my MM miles to upgrade one of the legs.

Does anyone have any idea how I might best be able to prove to this administrator that I used my own miles for the upgrade and didn't surreptitiously buy a business class ticket (which would have been a fantastic bargain had it been possible for the price on my ticket receipt).

Many thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2018, 4:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Why don’t you just use a screenshot of your M&M transaction of the upgrade?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: LH FTL
Did you bought tge ticket from LH.com ? U should have a receipt in your email where the price is stated and the class , no ?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: LH FTL, LATAM Platinum, KL Silver, UA Premier Silver
I am pretty sure that your ticket receipt should show the booking class. That's the easiest!

Why would your sponsor require the boarding passes at all, as they do not contain any tangible information on the ticket price?

In any event, your M&M account would also reflect the transaction, so that you could hand in a print-out of the relevant part together with your ticket receipt (if the latter was not clear enough).
Old Mar 26, 2018, 6:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You should have received the original ticket right after the purchase, which shows the price paid. Your M&M statement will show the upgrade deduction, with that reference LH can pull the electronic voucher used to apply the upgrade and send you a printout of that if requried.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: LX SEN
Many thanks for your quick responses! For now I have provided the administrator with an extract of my MM account as suggested. She thinks that will be sufficient. Public institutions can be very difficult sometimes!
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: LH SEN* ; Lifetime Ivory Member AF
Originally Posted by pseudolarix
Many thanks for your quick responses! For now I have provided the administrator with an extract of my MM account as suggested. She thinks that will be sufficient. Public institutions can be very difficult sometimes!
Thanks god they are difficult it is our money.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia
In the old days of paper boarding passes the European Commission (or some parts of it) required the original boarding passes when reimbursing travel costs. I guess some people tried to be clever, booked flexible tickets, used those receipts for the reimbursement claim, but canceled them and booked and used a cheap ticket instead. At least that was the only reason that came to my mind why they would request boarding passes in addition to the submitted ticket.

That said, I never had a problem with a higher cabin class on the boarding pass than on the ticket. This did happen a few times due to operational upgrades (economy overbooked) or due to cancellation of a booked flight. The boarding pass then typically showed booking class C or D, I think, but the original ticket had the economy booking class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.