FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Newbie LH! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1900470-newbie-lh.html)

ahmetdouas Mar 24, 2018 12:29 pm

Newbie LH!

Hi guys, am flying Lufthansa for the first time after having to do a last minute LHR-ATH return. BA wanted 700 GBP and Aegean 450 in basic economy while LH is asking 340 in Business via Munich so a no brainer there!

so any tips?
how is LH’s lounge in LHR T2. In Munich? In ATH?

how early can I check in for my flight from LHR?

Thanks for letting me know

Anderson24 Mar 24, 2018 1:36 pm

Hi!

You can usually check in 24 hours before your flight.

I visited the LH lounge in ATH about a year ago and it was pretty nice in my opinion. The furniture was certainly a bit tired and the lounge is on the small side, but it was comfortable and the food spread was varied and very good quality wise.

ahmetdouas Mar 24, 2018 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Anderson24 (Post 29562491)
Hi!

You can usually check in 24 hours before your flight.

I visited the LH lounge in ATH about a year ago and it was pretty nice in my opinion. The furniture was certainly a bit tired and the lounge is on the small side, but it was comfortable and the food spread was varied and very good quality wise.

sorry I meant bag drop at LHR; how early can I show up and drop my luggage and use the lounge?

thanks !

AlicorporateUK Mar 24, 2018 1:46 pm

LH flights depart from 2A at LHR hence the LH lounge would be the most logical choice whereas if you’ve got plenty of time the UA lounge (2B) is definitely worth a visit. Re bag drop: if you’re on the first morning service, that’s 2 hours earlier.

G

NewbieRunner Mar 24, 2018 2:44 pm

LHR, MUC and ATH all have decent business lounges. In MUC the lounge in the satellite is nicer than in the main terminal but you should really go to the one closest to your departure gate.

If arriving from the UK there is no need to clear security in MUC but you will have to go through passport control.

ahmetdouas Mar 24, 2018 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 29562684)
LHR, MUC and ATH all have decent business lounges. In MUC the lounge in the satellite is nicer than in the main terminal but you should really go to the one closest to your departure gate.

If arriving from the UK there is no need to clear security in MUC but you will have to go through passport control.

thanks for the tips !

chris63 Mar 24, 2018 11:27 pm

The lounge in ATH is one of the very best business class lounges, quite small but what it lacks in size it makes up with the quality of F& B. Very nice staff never a Lounge Dragon in site, just very pleasant & helpful staff who clearly take a pride in their lounge & work very hard.
The ATH station generally is a credit to LH, they even offer pre boarding for HON’s