Community
Wiki Posts
Search

For you, we give 150%

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2018, 11:00 am
Original Poster

For you, we give 150%

Just received an email from M&M explaining that for bookings made up to 31st May, for travel by 30th August, will get 50% extra award miles, when booked on LH.com.

Here's the small print:
This promotion is valid for all scheduled flights operated by Lufthansa within the travel period from 12 March to 30 August 2018 that have been booked via the LH.com booking channel between 12 March and 31 May 2018. The promotion is not open to members resident in Austria, Switzerland or Liechtenstein.
Within the promotional period, your individual factor for calculating your award miles will additionally be incentivized by 50%. The additional award miles will be credited to you no later than twelve weeks after your flight.
In the context of this promotion, multiple miles will not be awarded on HON Circle, select and status miles. Only bookings for which the Miles & More service card number has been specified at the time of booking will be accepted. Temporary members are excluded from the promotion. Additional award miles cannot be allocated for retroactive mileage credits. Subsequent upgrades to Business Class are excluded. This offer is not transferable.

Interesting promotion - perhaps they've seen a drop in the number of direct bookings since the changes went into effect?

If my maths is correct, it would essentially mean that for a FTL/SEN/HON, earning would increase to 8M/€, and for basic members up to €6.

It still way down on the equivalent elite multiplier that the US airlines operate, but still better than nothing I guess.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: LH SEN *
This was discussed a few days ago in the above "List of M&M promotions" sticky thread.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
But all the same, it’s a bit different from the rest. I am just wondering if it’s worth taking a punt on this for my trip to South Korea in the summer. Work pays for an Economy ticket in this case and it won’t be the cheapest Y ticket, given that it’s the Summer.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andywaw
This was discussed a few days ago in the above "List of M&M promotions" sticky thread.
Didn’t see that there, sorry. Presumably it’s worth breaking it out into it’s own thread anyway?

I’m not sure it’s enough to tempt me to book at LH.com, as opposed to the other JV partners, the cut on the cheaper fares to earning, especially for the less expensive A class tickets, which aren’t cheap is so massive.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 12:41 am

Programs: LH FTL, Avis CC, A-Club Plat, Marriott Gold
On this one, booked in May on lh.com, flew in June... and got ×6 as FTL. Opened a complaint a few weeks ago, explaining I was missing extra award miles: got a response per email in french telling me LH didnt know about such promotion....

am I the only one in this case ?
cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.