Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage pooling starting May 2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by goliath
Yes, you can book tickets for people not in your household with BAEC.

From the first page explaining household accounts on the BA website:

You can have 5 people on your F&F list and they must remain on the list for 6 months. That should cover most cases.

You can find more details in the FAQ following the link above.
Actually, to me that's fairly restrictive. We have five people in our family plus my mom, so we can't use miles for anyone outside of the six of us without removing people and then adding others. And then when you remove someone and add someone else, their miles get pooled with yours and the list is basically frozen. And that person has access to your miles. So you really need to trust the people you add to your F&F account.

All in all, it's not a very flexible system. In other words, without a household account I can redeem a ticket using my miles only for anyone I want--a friend, associate, relative, etc. Once I create a household account, membership is fixed for six months, only those on the list (in the group) can redeem tickets, and BA pulls miles proportionately.

I do like that M&M will use the oldest miles in the whole pooled group first--since status doesn't transfer (either with M&M per the third bullet you quoted in your second post or with BA) that solves a big issue with orphan miles that BA has.

Anyway, appreciate the additional info and clarifications. Just pointing out that there are some downsides with the BA system that might also be in the M&M system (the fifth bullet you quoted says (per Google Translate) - There are restrictions on how often the partner can be changed). For my family this is a definite plus. For others, depending on the restrictions, it might not be. So everyone needs to proceed with some caution.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
We are getting off-topic here, but that's not how the "Friends & Family" list in a BAEC pool works. It's explained in the FAQ linked above.

I have used the feature myself - it does not pool their miles with yours and it does not give them access to your miles. And again: 5 people outside your family every 6 months should be enough for most cases - unless somebody starts selling awards using their family account.
Old May 1, 2018, 10:11 am
Suspended

No news yet

1st of May, and yet no news of mileage pooling
Old May 1, 2018, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Nobody's at work in Germany today.
Old May 2, 2018, 2:48 am

No info whatsoever so far, not even a rumour/leak... probably drag this out to the end of the month
Old May 2, 2018, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Yes, there was a leak at VFT - from Lufthansa eXperts (a LH portal for travel agencies):

Pooling will start May, 9 - but will only be available through the M&M app initially.

Last edited by goliath; May 2, 2018 at 4:58 am Reason: typo corrected
Old May 2, 2018, 4:30 am

Thanks, I must have missed that... 9th May is next week which is soon enough

Going to be a headache linking together long M&M numbers / accounts via an app though
Old May 2, 2018, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
this is excellent news indeed.
Old May 3, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
The information givenin the M&M app suggests that this will only be available to members from Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Not sure I understand why those of us outside of that select group are excluded?
Old May 3, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan, M&M
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
The information givenin the M&M app suggests that this will only be available to members from Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Not sure I understand why those of us outside of that select group are excluded?
Where do you see this info? I can't find anything about miles pooling in the M&M app
Old May 9, 2018, 2:16 am

Any news on the family pooling? Just checked the M&M app but haven't seen anything about it.
Old May 9, 2018, 2:33 am
Original Poster

It is live now. You can find it in the "app menu" / "more" (top left in Android, bottom right in iOS I believe) => "Mileage Pooling".

The basic T&C can be found in "News" and there should be a FAQ section in "Mileage Pooling".
Old May 9, 2018, 2:48 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by goliath
It is live now. You can find it in the "app menu" / "more" (top left in Android, bottom right in iOS I believe) => "Mileage Pooling".

The basic T&C can be found in "News" and there should be a FAQ section in "Mileage Pooling".
Thanks! Great news.

I just kicked off our family pool and cas_de jr's miles show up on my mileage balance, but no detailed history of his transaction. mrs. cas_de still needs to accept the invitation.
Old May 9, 2018, 3:43 am

HI,
Mileage Pooling info showing on my device but when I go to More there is nothing there.
Old May 9, 2018, 6:42 am

All good now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.